Options

Do you have a scar?

CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Like my BCG thread but more open. Do you have any scars & what is the story behind it/ them?

My two ones that have remained over the years are my BCG on my left upper arm & the scar on my finger tip where I caught it in a door >.<

Comments

• Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a few chicken pox scars still.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads. Going into all of them would be a rival to War and Peace.
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, one on my head, one next to my left eye, and a massive one on my calf.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a scar on my chin from when I fell off my bike when playing with the neighbours kids as a child. I was worried about it and my mum said it'd be gone in a few weeks, that was in 1992 and its still fairly visible today :rolleyes:

I was also told I might only need glasses for a few years, that full eyesight could return as an adult - I'm yet to 'see' it, pardon the pun!. I'm not sure why people say such things...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Loads. Going into all of them would be a rival to War and Peace.

try me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    try me :D

No chance. It says too much about me.

I do have a fresh one from last night. I bounced off a tree a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several. Acne.

And a tiny, unnoticeable mark from when my dog bit me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Lots, tons and tons of them

cut scar on big toe (slipped on a locker), saw damage to left thumb (cutting wood), operation scars to left thumb from a baby, recent right toe 4 operation (straighten), acne scars on back, appendix scar, modelling knife scars on left index finger, no 11 XActo do damage (various kits aircraft and railway).

Cyst removal on right index finger.

Dog bite on leg

LOTS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several. Acne.

And a tiny, unnoticeable mark from when my dog bit me.

Oh, that reminds me, I have small scars + lumpy permanent tissue under the skin where my skin randomly has decided to grow massive lumps/cysts every so often. Bloody sore lumps too & bloody awkward places :mad:
  • Options
    macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

cut scar on big toe (slipped on a locker), saw damage to left thumb (cutting wood), operation scars to left thumb from a baby, recent right toe 4 operation (straighten), acne scars on back, appendix scar, modelling knife scars on left index finger, no 11 XActo do damage (various kits aircraft and railway).

Dog bite on leg

LOTS

Did the baby attend medical school beforehand?
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got loads. Mostly small ones. I've got one in the middle of my forehead that I'm not keen on - I feel over when I was about 3 or 4 (I was running with my hands in my pockets, my mum said don't do that or you'll fall over, I promptly fell over) and was so terrified of the doctors I wouldn't let them stitch it, so I had butterfly stitches which left me with a scar.

My knees are really scarred, from multiple falling over when I was a child (I always had bare legs, I climbed trees and railings and our school playground was concrete and steeply sloped) and nowadays I also have scars on my hands and wrists from that pesky oven door/shelf that always leaps out at me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few on my forehead from where I had chicken pox and picked a the spots. My arms and legs are also scarred from years of self harm :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dog bite on leg

LOTS

I'm interested by this toe op :o was it hammered/ clawed or an HAV (bunion) if you don't mind my asking?
    macsmurray wrote: »

Actual LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I have one on my forehead from when I was hit by a tennis ball there when I was about 7, you can hardly see the scar though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoopyDog wrote: »
    I have a few on my forehead from where I had chicken pox and picked a the spots. My arms and legs are also scarred from years of self harm :(

:( I have also partaken in SH but thankfully the (physical) scars disappear/ed eventually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got bitten by a great white shark.
  • Options
    copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got quite a few but the biggest one is on my arse cheek....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    macsmurray wrote: »

I had an excess thumb removed at 9 months old
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I have 2, one on my lower right shin, where some one threw a bit of glass at me, when I was 10.

And one on the left side of my right knee, where I was scrumping apples from an old ladies garden, and had to leg it as she appeared and was shouting at me, she chased me up an embankment, I fell over a tree root,impaled my knee on a sticky out twiggy bit, and have a very neat circular scar to this day.
  • Options
    mozamoza Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several. All of which I can blame my brother for, from when we were kids. Scar on my head, where he tripped me and I fell, scar on my finger, where he lifted the leaf of a table and caught my finger, one on my leg where he dared me to do stunts on his bike and I came off, and he gave me chicken pox, so the scars from that are his fault, too!
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a chicken pox scar on my face, unfortunately. Did so well not scratching the scab, and then, one day, I dried my face and it got caught on the towel.

I've also got several scars on my lower legs. They're basically discolourations of the skin. I got those from getting my legs caught in barb wire about 12 years ago. I don't wear dresses or skirts because of them.

I've got tiny scars on the right side of my nose and on my earlobes from when I had piercings.

Apart from that there are a few tiny, not very noticeable ones. I don't even know how I got them anymore. I'm quite a clumsy person, so it could have been anything...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm interested by this toe op :o was it hammered/ clawed or an HAV (bunion) if you don't mind my asking?

It was bent under the middle toe, toe is too long for the tendons.

Then removed a joint and pinned it straight, I can walk now without pain.

I had a lot of morons comment on me walking around Tescos with a plastic bag on my foot to protect it from the snow.

Driving was a bit tricky, so I used cruise and left foot braked, I am so glad I have a luxury car with loads of toys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have one on my forehead from when I was hit by a tennis ball there when I was about 7, you can hardly see the scar though :D

None on my face thank goodness
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got bitten by a great white shark.

And he spat you out. Judged by a fish :(
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a big scar on my bottom after I sat on glass when I was about 4.

A dog bite on one leg, and a injury that scared from a roundabout. A scar under my eye from my brother slaming a door in my face.

Also have a scar on the inside of my finger caused by a knife.