Never Mind the Buzzcocks 2013

samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know when the new series this year will premiere? I know that they are already starting to film in a couple weeks, but I have not heard anywhere when it is actually going to premiere or who any of this year's guest hosts will be.

Applause store ticket info
http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-book-show.php?id=1865&bid=1

Has anyone heard anything?:confused:

Comments

• rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It normally starts running from around the beginning of October and then runs up to the christmas special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should just axe it already. Give it a nice final series, and try and get Mark Lamarr and Simon Amstell back as hosts, as well as some of the more prolific/well remembered guests as hosts or returnees.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starts next Monday at 10pm with John Hannah as guest host

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03bx9wp
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's the start of the new series. John Hannah hosting tonight. Russell Howard next week.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a517660/john-hannah-to-host-never-mind-the-buzzcocks-27th-series-opener.html

The one thing I've noted about the guest hosts is that on Buzzcocks, each series it's predominantly new people with one or two returning ones (Walliams, Gilbert, Whitehall, Skinner), whereas on HIGNFY, it's the opposite mostly returning hosts with a couple of new ones thrown in each series:cool:;)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's a good point but can also be hit and miss. HINGFY has two series per year and it's good to know that atleast half of them will have a competent host with the rest being either good or bad and a couple of novetly ones.

With Buzzcocks they just seem to move on. I can only think of two or three (if there have been that many) who have been returning hosts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    Tonight's the start of the new series. John Hannah hosting tonight. Russell Howard next week.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a517660/john-hannah-to-host-never-mind-the-buzzcocks-27th-series-opener.html

The one thing I've noted about the guest hosts is that on Buzzcocks, each series it's predominantly new people with one or two returning ones, whereas on HIGNFY, it's the opposite mostly returning hosts with a couple of new ones thrown in each series:cool:;)

Michael Bolton as a guest host??? That could go one of two ways

The Juliet Lewis car-crash way or the Josh Groban way
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What ever happened to Mark Lamarr?
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    What ever happened to Mark Lamarr?

Got bored with TV. Got bored with radio. Last heard of working for British Airways,
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guest host doesn't really work with Buzzcocks. They need to hire a permanent one.

Adam Buxton preferably.
    Forum Member
    His appearance was probably the funniest, possibly along with Frankie Boyle.

Unfortuntaly the highlight of the show (youtube comments) is not something they could do every week.

He did do that on Bug though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    Guest host doesn't really work with Buzzcocks. They need to hire a permanent one.

Adam Buxton preferably.

I think it works fine. It's nice to have a variety of different hosts, with different presenting styles. The good thing is that if there is a really awful host, at least you know that you won't be stuck with them permanently, and there will probably be someone better next week!
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Just a warning to Irish viewers, the BBC in their infinite wisdom(?) are putting this out at 12 ****ing 20 AM!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one watching? This is seriously pish
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one watching? This is seriously pish

Just had Whigfield on. How can you say it's not good?
  • AceMcCloudAceMcCloud Posts: 2,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whigfield

Still would
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Just had Whigfield on. How can you say it's not good?

Ok apart from whigfield it's guff
    Forum Member
    Ok apart from whigfield it's guff

Also worth it to see number 3 in that line up of blokes. I didn't even know a human could have a neck like that!
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Also worth it to see number 3 in that line up of blokes. I didn't even know a human could have a neck like that!

True! But who would have thought John Hannah would be quite so unfunny?
    Forum Member

He was pretty awful.
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No great surprise. He's an actor, not a comedian.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed tonight's, the first I've watched in a while.

Mainly because of the very reasons I decided to watch in the first place: Aluna Francis and John Hannah.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to love this show when it was funny. The cranky fat lad never raised a laugh with me, but what happened to Noel Fielding?

He doesn`t seem to make an effort anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No great surprise. He's an actor, not a comedian.

He's very funny in Touch of Cloth even though like everyone else involved he's acting like he's appearing in a really serious Ibsen play.

Completely unfunny comedian on one of the teams (as per usual), still at least he wasn't that eejit Paul Foot
    Forum Member
    Whigfield looked really good.

I guess the actors/musicians before the show apolgise for all the jokes about to be said and it's why they don't get the right reaction from the guests.
    Frankie Boyle gets it right as he doesn't give a shit about the guests or what he says to them :D
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The first round is rubbish.