Options

This morning Ruth + Eamonn

dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,124
Forum Member
I've been watching this week first time in a while! What a difference to the other presenters, they have a mostly much happier, friendly, interesting show, none of the smugness and talk down to guests. Would much rather have these 2 on through the week and just have Pip & Holly on Friday.:D

Comments

• Options
    ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too!
  • Options
    GrolsGrols Posts: 300,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And me. :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    secretbadgersecretbadger Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    oh I'm the opposite. I think Phil and Holly are way better. Ruth never looks very natural and although I quite like Eamonn, he seems to enjoy
    correcting Ruth all the time so I imagine she loses a little bit more confidence every day...
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    The best bit is the way Eamonn knows he's presenting a complete load of tosh and treats it as such.
    Whereas those who shalt not be named seem to believe they're presenting a flagship hard hitting serious magazine show.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only like Eamonn with Ruth. I really wish Phillip and Holly wouldn't come back. Don't even get me started on Marvin and Rochelle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pro Eamonn and Ruth too and only every watch if I remember they are on. As previously mentioned, Eamonns irreverance really sets it apart from the ususal ITV morning offerings he and Ruth work well together. I always feel Pip needs to be in charge and have an underling to boost his ego as his co-presenter. Ferns days were numbered as soon as he got the gig imo.
  • Options
    shaun_davidsshaun_davids Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people start a different This Morning thread everyday, why doesn't someone just start one and use it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people start a different This Morning thread everyday, why doesn't someone just start one and use it?

Don't venture into the soap forum shaun unless you are a massive fan of Eastenders.:D
  • Options
    golden raygolden ray Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I love this married couple presenting the show.
    He has Irish charm and she's friendly too.
    I read in a magazine interview they have nothing in common and he's the romantic one.
    Nevertheless in certain situations opposites attract - great partnership.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ally Ross on Holmes in Tuesday's Sun is worth a read
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,124
    Forum Member
    >
    newda898 wrote: »
    The best bit is the way Eamonn knows he's presenting a complete load of tosh and treats it as such.
    Whereas those who shalt not be named seem to believe they're presenting a flagship hard hitting serious magazine show.

:D:D you're right there.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

He does come across a guy who's a bit too comfortable in his position.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because we couldn't call it 'This Morning' then, we would have to call it, Yesterday Morning and Past Mornings.:D
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't bother with it when Marvin and Rochelle are at the helm, her shouting, 'YESSS' over every guest makes me irrationally angry.
  • Options
    Chloe PChloe P Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Holly Willoughby with a passion, that's one woman who truly loves herself.
    They have some strange people on there, they have that massive Birmingham woman who can't walk for being so fat and that weird bloke with the glowing teeth and botoxed face.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    newda898 wrote: »

I really like Eamonn and the way he presents the show. They very rarely present together and I doubt it has happened for a while but I honestly think the best pairing the show has is Eamonn & Holly. I think they're fantastic together, Holly is much better and more bearable. It's a shame they don't use them more. Instead they tend to opt for dropping Ben Shepherd or Dermot in these days when Phil is unavailable.
  • Options
    RosebuddyRosebuddy Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Married couple presenters have a dynamic all of it's own.

I love the insight you get to their home life, domestic niggles and in-jokes.

Ruth's resigned impatience when Eamonn interrupts her for the 4th time is a joy to see.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosebuddy wrote: »
    Married couple presenters have a dynamic all of it's own.

I love the insight you get to their home life, domestic niggles and in-jokes.

Ruth's resigned impatience when Eamonn interrupts her for the 4th time is a joy to see.
    I know what you mean and I do enjoy watching for possible signs of tension between them, (usually emanating from Ruth), but at the same time I think Eamonn now spends too much time bantering about himself or himself and Ruth so that we get less and less time for the guests to speak. :( If only certain presenters could be taught that it's not about them. >:(
  • Options
    Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Is it just me, or does Ruth seem a little bit smug? I do like her, but she always seems to have a 'cat that got the cream' look on her face. :confused:

I prefer This Morning with her and Eamonn. I read an interview with them before and they said themselves that they'd like to present it full time. (think it was them anyhoo).
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I don't think Ruth is smug at all, she is lovely, genuine and warm. Her rapport with Eamonn is brilliant - as for the suggestion that she might 'lose confidence each time Eamonn corrects her' - I highly doubt this, it's just a special insight into their fantastic relationship with one another.

As for Pip Schofield, I cannot stand him and his self-righteousness. 'Mr ITV' wants to remember that if it wasn't for John Leslie's 'indiscretions' he wouldn't have got the gig.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them, they're quite Richard and Judy-esque. I was getting a bit fed up of Holly constantly giggling like a schoolgirl and Phillip's condescending manner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My word, who did Denise's make up today? She looks like she's made up for a Mexican Day of the Dead parade!
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was much better when these shows went off in the summer holidays.
  • Options
    Dan06Dan06 Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always get the feeling Ruth enjoys putting Eamonn down all the time, quite hen pecked.