Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO at Mark Findlay trying to be funny.

He tweeted:

Biggest gig of the year in the UK? (about STB)

and I replied "no."

and he just said back "OK" lol. I really do not like this man.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He tweeted:

and I replied "no."

NOOOO. You are just causing more damage by doing that imo. Best thing is to do what they are doing and snub them completely. I unfollowed them from Twitter and I tbh couldn't care less about them any more...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    NOOOO. You are just causing more damage by doing that imo. Best thing is to do what they are doing and snub them completely. I unfollowed them from Twitter and I tbh couldn't care less about them any more...

It's not really damage. I just said no. Because it's not the biggest gig of the year. I don't care tbh. They aren't going to play her music. People need to get that. He has made it clear so whats the point.. I honestly couldn't care less anymore. I love Alex but, things aren't going well. So, the only thing I care about is R1. CapFM can **** off. Do not care for them and their petty games.

*EDIT: Also, the damage has already been done and I'm not one to bite my tongue so, it's hard. :L*
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Capital will snub the Usher collab if it is true... Usher is playing the STB so it'll be hard to snub that lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    I wonder if Capital will snub the Usher collab if it is true... Usher is playing the STB so it'll be hard to snub that lol.

lol yeah. I think they'd still snub it to be honest. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really damage. I just said no. Because it's not the biggest gig of the year. I don't care tbh. They aren't going to play her music. People need to get that. He has made it clear so whats the point.. I honestly couldn't care less anymore. I love Alex but, things aren't going well. So, the only thing I care about is R1. CapFM can **** off. Do not care for them and their petty games.

Yes but imo every remark is just making them snub Alex even more....what's the point of even talking to someone if they won't change their minds....it only makes you look silly which is why I wouldn't do it....I get the frustration 100% too, but tbh the best thing is to just laugh.....The chorus of Dumb springs to my mind right now...;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but imo every remark is just making them snub Alex even more....what's the point of even talking to someone if they won't change their minds....it only makes you look silly which is why I wouldn't do it....I get the frustration 100% too, but tbh the best thing is to just laugh.....The chorus of Dumb springs to my mind right now...;)

I suppose so. lol. I think i'll just unfollow so I don't have to see his tweets that just make me angry :L
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose so. lol. I think i'll just unfollow so I don't have to see his tweets that just make me angry :L

I've unfollowed Capital and that guy...and all their presenters who I used to follow lol....bye bye baby! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're going to be SO dissapointed if this turns out to be a Wretch 32 collab or something LMAO!! It needs to be USHER or another big US star.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling JLS are going to be at STB 8-)
    so annoying and predictable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling JLS are going to be at STB 8-)
    so annoying and predictable.

OFC they will be. Just unfollowed everyone related to Capital FM. lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now i'm just waiting for:

Tulisa
    Rihanna
    JLS

it's all so predictable. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're going to be SO dissapointed if this turns out to be a Wretch 32 collab or something LMAO!! It needs to be USHER or another big US star.

Lol....I would collapse tbh...

I think we should start paying R1 and Kiss a whole lot more attention tbh....Capital is in the bin ready for disposal as far as I'm concerned....I think we should start asking Reggie, Chris and all the R1 presenters plus Kiss to start playing Let It Go more...

It does look bad if the fans are so hung up about Capital when other stations are playing her....I'm going to focus on them now tbh. :)
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Lol....I would collapse tbh...

I think we should start paying R1 and Kiss a whole lot more attention tbh....Capital is in the bin ready for disposal as far as I'm concerned....I think we should start asking Reggie, Chris and all the R1 presenters plus Kiss to start playing Let It Go more...

It does look bad if the fans are so hung up about Capital when other stations are playing her....I'm going to focus on them now tbh. :)

Can you post their twitters here please? :)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

He tweeted:

and I replied "no."

LMAOOOOOO! :eek::eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you post their twitters here please? :)

@REGYATES
    @CHRISDJMOYLES
    @scott_mills
    @sarajcox
    @jameelajamil
    @Fearnecotton

These are the Radio 1 ones I know of...:)
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

bookmarked ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg STB lineup is shocking. Very disappointing tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    omg STB lineup is shocking. Very disappointing tbh.

I know right, Mark Findlay can't even admit to the fact they've been snubbing 1D too. How petty. :yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I know right, Mark Findlay can't even admit to the fact they've been snubbing 1D too. How petty. :yawn::yawn:

Who cares imo. R1 and Kiss should be our main priority....Reggie, Fearne and Jameela are quite friendly with Alexandra so maybe they would be more ready to play Let It Go than some of the other DJs...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who cares imo. R1 and Kiss should be our main priority....Reggie, Fearne and Jameela are quite friendly with Alexandra so maybe they would be more ready to play Let It Go than some of the other DJs...

They should do so, to be fair...unless they're being controlled by the head of music for radio 1 whoever that is. But after hearing that they've played the remix I have hopes that they will support Let It Go. :)

Kiss and R1 are definitely my main priority now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. We should all let Capital go. (pardon the pun) lol and focus on R1 and Kiss etc. I think if we request enough there over the next 2 weeks. It should be playlisted 4 weeks before release which gives time to build up hype along with slots on shows like BGT hopefully and chat shows :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should do so, to be fair...unless they're being controlled by the head of music for radio 1 whoever that is. But after hearing that they've played the remix I have hopes that they will support Let It Go. :)

Kiss and R1 are definitely my main priority now.
    Yeah. We should all let Capital go. (pardon the pun) lol and focus on R1 and Kiss etc. I think if we request enough there over the next 2 weeks. It should be playlisted 4 weeks before release which gives time to build up hype along with slots on shows like BGT hopefully and chat shows :-)

Tbh Capital are not irreplaceable and Alex could manage fine without their support.....all she needs is decent airplay on R1 and Kiss and she would do well...R1 and Kiss have a far wider reach than Capital, even though Capital support is a big blow, Alex + Management should be taking steps to ensure that Kiss and R1 DO support LIG...

We can defo help by requesting LIG and asking others to request it too....if they see that there is an interest for the song then things could definitely pick up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elephant on radio 1. :)

We need to keep on requesting Let It Go, as much as we can. Also we're trending #LetItGoLyricVideo today to build up the hype at around 6pm so be there haha. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elephant on radio 1. :)

We need to keep on requesting Let It Go, as much as we can. Also we're trending #LetItGoLyricVideo today to build up the hype at around 6pm so be there haha. :D

I think Radio 1 might just support Alex then...especially if they played Elephant lol....

We need to start requesting it there then because the hype for LIG needs to build up...
This discussion has been closed.