Technomate 5402 HD Super+

Hot HitsHot Hits Posts: 596
Forum Member
✭✭
I have one of these receivers. My friend also has one. Bought off ebay.
His has software 5.15 installed with many extras. My new box only has 5.1 installed. Anyone any ideas where I can get the update from legally???
Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    The upgrade is available form the Technomate website. Simply log on, identify your receivers download from the downloads list and follow the instructions given to transfer to a pen drive and install to your receiver.
  • pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is other software available - search "phantompatch"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Hits wrote: »
    I have one of these receivers. My friend also has one. Bought off ebay.
    His has software 5.15 installed with many extras. My new box only has 5.1 installed. Anyone any ideas where I can get the update from legally???
    Thank you in advance :)

btw.. that's the boot version number - not the s/w
  • Hot HitsHot Hits Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Pedro

What I could do with is as follows:-

S/W Version 1.15p (Nov 8 2011)
    H/W Version 1.00
    Boot Version 5.00
    CH Version F014

This cannot be down loaded from the Technomate website. I've got that version.. I guess the " p " on the version is for a patch?? Dont know much about this but would like to down load it.
    Thank you in advance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Hits wrote: »
    Hi Pedro

What I could do with is as follows:-

S/W Version 1.15p (Nov 8 2011)
    H/W Version 1.00
    Boot Version 5.00
    CH Version F014

This cannot be down loaded from the Technomate website. I've got that version.. I guess the " p " on the version is for a patch?? Dont know much about this but would like to down load it.
    Thank you in advance

Google 'phantompatch'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I know that a Sky card will work in a Technomate 5402 box and trying it in my own box confims this to be the case.

I cancelled my Sky World subscription last week and once the 31 days are up, the Sky box will just be used for FSFS. Knowing that the ability to record will be disabled, might it however be possible to still record on the Technomate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killdeer wrote: »
    I know that a Sky card will work in a Technomate 5402 box and trying it in my own box confims this to be the case.

I cancelled my Sky World subscription last week and once the 31 days are up, the Sky box will just be used for FSFS. Knowing that the ability to record will be disabled, might it however be possible to still record on the Technomate?

up to 3 channels at once while watching another channel on the same tp
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how to input the numbers for a new orbital position when adding a new satellite on this receiver?:confused:

The manual has no information on how to do this, it almost seems deliberate...

It's easy to set up a new NAME for a new satellite but I'm finding it really frustrating that I can't assign it a new number; on this occasion I'm attempting to add 3e.:mad:

Edit: it won't let me enter transponder data too>
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how to input the numbers for a new orbital position when adding a new satellite on this receiver?:confused:

The manual has no information on how to do this, it almost seems deliberate...

It's easy to set up a new NAME for a new satellite but I'm finding it really frustrating that I can't assign it a new number; on this occasion I'm attempting to add 3e.:mad:

Edit: it won't let me enter transponder data too>

MENU ...... Satellite Setup.. press OK on top line to list all available sats ... scroll through to a free one 0.0e ---edit it's NAME ... SAVE it ... EXIT [once]

Go straight down to Motorised Setting ... edit position [3.1e]& press OK on GOTO line EXIT

Then add tps & channels by either Advance Search green button / add at least one manually & /or BLIND SCAN

If it hasn't got at least one actie tps & stored channel it doesn't list it ... you can add a dummy channel if you are after a really difficult sat/ channel using add channels in edit menu.

[if you ran out of spare satellites [0.0e] you can edit ones you'd never use too..
    Forum Member
    Pedro.. I can't thank you enough for the help you've given me.:)

It wouldn't let me enter the numeric value of the position unless I changed the DiSEqC value from 1.2 to USALS.:confused:

Once the value had been entered, I reverted back to 1.2. Weird! Then I had to go to Advance Search to be able to enter a transponder values, namely 12.651H, 27500.

Finally, I scanned the transponder and the JSC channels appeared.......all scrambled.:mad:

Never mind, it's all been very educational. Thanks again mate.:D
  • jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I just stumbled across this thread as out of sheer coincidence I added eutelsat3 last night to see if I could find anything on the sat, I was a bit vague on how I did it last and it was late, for some reason after adding, I found my entire channel list had vanished from all sat's... Any idea how this happened and if I can get them back without blindscanning every sat again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro.. I can't thank you enough for the help you've given me.:)

glad to help ...

.... why are you using diseqc 1.2 btw..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaffboy151 wrote: »
    Glad I just stumbled across this thread as out of sheer coincidence I added eutelsat3 last night to see if I could find anything on the sat, I was a bit vague on how I did it last and it was late, for some reason after adding, I found my entire channel list had vanished from all sat's... Any idea how this happened and if I can get them back without blindscanning every sat again?

that shouldn't happen ... but I think if you step through menus a certain way you could evoke a butlet ... it's pretty solid software but no s/w is 100%
    Forum Member
    glad to help ...

.... why are you using diseqc 1.2 btw..

At the time of installation I asked the installers why they weren't using usals to set things up. I was really quite puzzled by this.

They said they preferred to use DiSEqC 1.2 to add each satellite position 'manually', so to speak. After they'd set up 2 or 3, I don't recall exactly, they said their work was done.

At the time I was quite happy to go along with this, hardly realising how much work was left for me to do..That is for a relative novice.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the time of installation I asked the installers why they weren't using usals to set things up. I was really quite puzzled by this.

They said they preferred to use DiSEqC 1.2 to add each satellite position 'manually', so to speak. After they'd set up 2 or 3, I don't recall exactly, they said their work was done.

At the time I was quite happy to go along with this, hardly realising how much work was left for me to do..That is for a relative novice.:o

I've been out to sort out quite a few installs that have been setup using diseqc 1.2 & it puzzled me why anyone would still be doing that now- I figured either they don't know how or USALS has to be too exacting because if you use diseqc 1.2 you can fix a bad/ messy install .. sort off.. by nudging round... but you can never really fix it .. & a pro disecq 1.2 install should swap to USALS anyway.. [still do them for 36v to diseqc 1.2 on bigger dishes btw]

You can convert to USALS without realigning & it will show you how far out it is.

Basically switch to USALS .. put your normal longitude & latitude in & goto Thor... & goto bbcworld & flip up the on screen motor control [3rd button from bottom right] nudge round to find it 'but do not save it'... once you know it's to the east or west & roughly how much [0.5 of a degree .. 1 degree etc.. roughly ] you can alter 'your' longitude the opposite way until you max out 1w ..

So if it were roughly 0.6 to the west... & your longitude was 2.3w - change you longitude to [2.3- 0.6]= 1.7w... & do try 1.6w or 1.8w etc.. just to tweak it & then all sats in USALS will then line up - [as much as the arc will allow that they did]
  • wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    people installing motorised systems should use a decent meter anyway as they all now have usals motor control so removes the need to use diseqc 1.2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wod1 wrote: »
    people installing motorised systems should use a decent meter anyway as they all now have usals motor control so removes the need to use diseqc 1.2.

I've always set up USALS compatible motors using USALS ... if the motor was USALS compatible- not vbox/ 36v stuff or early Superjack 120s & even if a customer wanted to use diseqc 1.2.. you'd still setup in USALS- it gets rid of the first calculations- .......on a Darkmotor though, you can go to a higher accuracy than USALS using Diseqc 1.2,

but I don't think that's why some installers are still using diseqc 1.2 & leaving customers with a lot of work afterwards & anytime a sat position appears ..- I just don't they know their stuff.. &/or are old school & set in their ways perhaps?
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm pleased to say that setting up my system with USALS went according to plan.:)

What I need to do though, is set the eastern limit a bit higher as it stopped the dish at 39E Hellasat. There's plenty more clearance to go around further.
    Forum Member
    Very strange. A post I made yesterday morning which basically sais that I'd managed to set up my system with USALS has disappeared.:confused:

This hasn't happened with the last posts made by other persons in half a dozen other threads I've just checked. My username is still marked as having made the last post however.:confused:

Edit:- Well blow me, it's reappeared now.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm pleased to say that setting up my system with USALS went according to plan.:)

What I need to do though, is set the eastern limit a bit higher as it stopped the dish at 39E Hellasat. There's plenty more clearance to go around further.

did you alter your longitude & if so ... by how much?

to reset the motor limits [both] on Technomates in USALS

MENU >>

Motorized Setting>>

Motor Control >>> Delete Limit

(& note the set east limit set west limit are below for when you drive the motor carefully to a safe east limit allowing a little more for it to flex in strong winds.. not millimeters!
    Forum Member
    I altered the longitude by something like 0.7 degrees to the east. Once I'd done that, everything just lined up for me with USALS.

I've scanned in channels from satellites ranging between 30 West and 53 East. There's plenty more room for the dish to go much further east and west but I need to reset the limits again to do so.

Looking at the satellite footprints, there doesn't seem to be any chance of getting more satellites except perhaps for 68.5 East. (I've yet to search further than 30 degrees West).

With my size dish, is it pie in the sky bothering to get 68.5 East?