The penny will drop for Mick on Christmas day about the Linda rape

13»

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    Mick not getting it was fine up until the end of Fridays episode, a strong reaction like that to sex, can mean one of only a few things

Yes it should be revealed now, to drag it on for another two months just for ratings is not going to do the story any favours.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    Mick not getting it was fine up until the end of Fridays episode, a strong reaction like that to sex, can mean one of only a few things

Exactly this is what ive been getting at how can you not notice something like that when your wife reacts in that to sex you obviously think of shes been raped
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly this is what ive been getting at how can you not notice something like that when your wife reacts in that to sex you obviously think of shes been raped
    I guess its possible, that as he suspects the truth, he starts to not know how to bring up the subject, and fears her being worse for the truth being outed.
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the rape will come out before Christmas! Its too dark for Christmas Day.. The pregnancy may be revealed then... As for the Mick/Shirley storyline, that might be left until New Years Eve, they normally have big episodes for both Christmas and New Year!
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if Mick figures it out on his own. If he does and Linda tells him it was Dean, maybe Dean will go on the run to avoid Mick's wrath. Dean could meet up with Shirley somehow and both return to the Square, possibly when
    Linda's pregnancy becomes public.

That could be when Mick's true parentage is revealed.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Yes it should be revealed now, to drag it on for another two months just for ratings is not going to do the story any favours.

They are not doing this storyline just for ratings.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    They are not doing this storyline just for ratings.

I didnt say they are, but the reveal will be for ratings if left for xmas day, it needs to be revealed very soon after her reaction the other night, no decent husband would just leave it.
  • marius1marius1 Posts: 5,529
    Forum Member
    It could work both ways, Shirley may have to reveal the brother bond to save Dean from Mick after the rape reveal, or Linda may have to reveal the rape if Mick is trying to build a bond with Dean after the parentage reveal.

add Linda's pregnancy into the equation and it really will hit the fan
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    srhgts wrote: »
    Linda's flinching when Mick tries to touch her, wearing clothes that cover her whole body, not wearing make up or doing her hair, staying in bed a lot, looking haunted and getting very upset frequently, acting strangely around one particular man, being overly protective of her daughter regarding men and freaks out when Mick tries to have sex with her... I think it'd be pretty clear to anyone in real life that she's been raped.

Or at least attacked or physically hurt in some way.......I think it would be reasonable for Mick to move on from 'What's wrong, L?' to 'Has someone hurt you?' At the very least.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I bet Mick will be about to beat Dean to within an inch of his life and Shirl will arrive with a "HE'S YOUR BRUVVA" moment.
  • KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I bet Mick will be about to beat Dean to within an inch of his life and Shirl will arrive with a "HE'S YOUR BRUVVA" moment.

I was going to write exactly this, you beat me to it :)

MICK : " I'm gonna kill im "
    SHIRLEY : "No Mick, you can't hurt him"
    MICK: "why, 0us he's your son, if you thnk that's gonna stop me this time Shirl youre wrong"
    SHIRLEY : " he's not just my son Mick, he's your bruvva"

DUFF DUFF DUFF
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    Linda's flinching when Mick tries to touch her, wearing clothes that cover her whole body, not wearing make up or doing her hair, staying in bed a lot, looking haunted and getting very upset frequently, acting strangely around one particular man, being overly protective of her daughter regarding men and freaks out when Mick tries to have sex with her... I think it'd be pretty clear to anyone in real life that she's been raped.
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Yeah and Linda never goes anywhere so for her to have been raped it would have had to be by someone close to them which you just wouldn't begin to think of. There are other reasons why someone might be down in the dumps and off sex.

Mick may have an inkling now but be reluctant to ask Linda straight out in case he's wrong. Also, he'll be wondering - if she was raped, when it would have happened. As they run a family business and live above it, she doesn't have to go out to work and come back late. If she had come back very late one night, he would have guessed by now that she had been raped that night but she's usually at home with family. He was worried initially when Nancy said she abandoned dinner but relaxed when he found out she was at Sharon's. Also there could be other reasons i.e. depression why a partner is not interested in sex all of a sudden.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley/Mick revelation comes at the worst possible time, so the rape reveal must come before.