Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    enjoyed the show looks as if it will be good look forward to watching next week
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will bookmark these sites as they look pretty good, thanks.

They are also very handy for discovering which UK channels get the rights to various cult shows and when they will be showing them. That's why I follow them both on Twitter

https://twitter.com/TVWiseNews

https://twitter.com/Geektown
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good start. Was looking for something to replace Person of Interest on Monday nights and this could be as watchable. Hope we get to see more of how he arrived on the island and learnt his skills. Seems there are trust issues with his mother and she is an important character going forward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three options for Ollie's ex-military bodyguard

1) He was completely above board

2) He was part of Mrs Queen's evil scheme (whatever that may be)

3) He was on the take from the crooked millionaire

As for Colin Salmon's character I'd put money on him turning out to be one of the baddies
  • rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S*D it forgot about it, Is it repeated on Sky 1 or 2 please!!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Good start. Was looking for something to replace Person of Interest on Monday nights and this could be as watchable. Hope we get to see more of how he arrived on the island and learnt his skills. Seems there are trust issues with his mother and she is an important character going forward.
    Person of Interest was on a at a different time and day, Tuesday's, before it had it's break.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prilicla wrote: »
    Sorry also nickpicking. What about all those bullets firing at the Arrow not getting injured!!?

Every henchman in the history of fictional crime has been hired for his inability to shoot straight.

The James Bond franchise would have ended in the first film in the real world.

It is something you accept in the comic book genre.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good first episode,i enjoyed it

is the arrow actor from melrose place like laurel?

some good casting all round so far it seems, arrow guy is likeable although i hope they explain why hes out for justice now.

some of his workout stuff was of the chain and actions scenes were really well done.

ill be back for episode 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    good first episode,i enjoyed it

is the arrow actor from melrose place like laurel?

some good casting all round so far it seems, arrow guy is likeable although i hope they explain why hes out for justice now.

Well he had that little book full of names which presumably his Dad wrote that when they drifting in that life raft.

From what we saw about Mrs Green this week, I'm assuming that both Olly's parents were dodgy so perhaps Mr Green told Olly that if he got back to Starling City he should try and make things right.

I would imagine there will be further flashbacks to Olly's time on the raft
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rifleman19 wrote: »
    S*D it forgot about it, Is it repeated on Sky 1 or 2 please!!

It's on Sky Go and on catch-up (red button) now.

Repeated Sunday at 8pm.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also don't think he hacked into the computer himself but used a clever programme - think the tech that Mission Impossible agents used - to hack into it for him. I think his expertise was nothing more than the equivalent of inserting a memory stick and following prompts from a program. Anyone could do that.

I would imagine the family's money would give him access to software like that.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    I also don't think he hacked into the computer himself but used a clever programme - think the tech that Mission Impossible agents used - to hack into it for him. I think his expertise was nothing more than the equivalent of inserting a memory stick and following prompts from a program. Anyone could do that.

I would imagine the family's money would give him access to software like that.

It could be like Batman he has someone like Fox helping him out with stuff like that.

I think in the comics they do have a tech division
  • rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    It's on Sky Go and on catch-up (red button) now.

Repeated Sunday at 8pm.
    Great thanks very much
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Every henchman in the history of fictional crime has been hired for his inability to shoot straight.

The James Bond franchise would have ended in the first film in the real world.

It is something you accept in the comic book genre.

In addition to what I said earlier, it looks like Arrow has a bulletproof vest and that he got hit as he jumped backwards over the desk. He got knocked out for a minute and then you see him pull a bullet from his chest.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked it lots. I'll be back for episode 2.

Was that a 'Deathstroke' mask we saw on the island at the start? And I liked the little touch of 'Speedy' being into drugs. Nice nod to the comics.

Oh, and how is it that Willa Holland now looks younger than she did in The OC?
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Was that a 'Deathstroke' mask we saw on the island at the start?

Yep. Can't wait for him to turn up.
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    I caught up on Arrow last night. And I must say - I totally loved it! I watched the trailers and didn't think it looked that good - how wrong I was. Its actaully brilliant, something I'd never thought I'd say after just one episode. Glad its been given a full season as well. It should do well in the 8pm Monday slot. The first episode pulled in 888k.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I liked the premiere, wouldn't say i "loved it" (it did feel quite "Smallville-ish", not neccessarily a bad thing, i watched all 10 seasons of SV, but i just hope that this ends up being different), but it showed promise.
    Forum Member
    I admit I was unsure going into just because of Smalville I was a huge fan of that and thought if they wanted a Green Arrow series why not just do a spin off series with the one they already had and who had said many times that they wanted to do a spin off.

But I did thought it was great
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was totally surprised by how much I enjoyed this - I really thought it would be sub-Smallville teeny fare, but it really worked, can't wait for the next episodes!

BTW can anyone confirm if the Queen family mansion is the one used as Lex's in Smallville? It certainly looks identical!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    BTW can anyone confirm if the Queen family mansion is the one used as Lex's in Smallville? It certainly looks identical!

Yep. It's also used in the X-Men movies.
    Forum Member
    So is it some kind of rule that the mansion has got to be run by a bald headed guy
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of comic book series (never watched Smallville) but this was quite decent.

I'm intrigued to know exactly what happened to him on the island. I don't want spoilers, but for anyone who knows the TV show or the comic books, do we get to find out more about his recent past?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was totally surprised by how much I enjoyed this - I really thought it would be sub-Smallville teeny fare, but it really worked, can't wait for the next episodes!

It reminded me of "stately Wayne Manor" from the 60s campathon version of Batman
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    I'm intrigued to know exactly what happened to him on the island. I don't want spoilers, but for anyone who knows the TV show or the comic books, do we get to find out more about his recent past?
    As we're getting snippets of what did happen on the island, I would imagine we'll find out the full extent of his lost (5-year) past as the show progresses. He's got a lot of scars, I expect he's been put through some serious training; especially going from a billionaires son to a skilled revenge fighter (of sorts).

it might not be this season, but I expect we'll find out enough as the show progresses. Of course, they'll have to leave some things secret for suspense and such.