Options

Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Comments

• Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Pity that Sky Couldnt use some common sense and put them together on the same night!

As someone who always records my shows to watch at a more convenient time I'll be watching both on the same night so it makes no difference to me what night they actually air :D
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    As someone who always records my shows to watch at a more convenient time I'll be watching both on the same night so it makes no difference to me what night they actually air :D

Same here. Pretty much record all my programmes anyway.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well when ever there's a happy scene you know something bad is about to happen.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't think its felicity that dies. Great ep though.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not looking good for her and they have introduced a new IT person, but leaving it on that cliffhanger I guess that's what they want you to believe.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna go for, it's a fake funeral so that Dark thinks she's dead so he can't keep going after her.

Also must give credit to the guys behind arrow, last season was ok but this season has been top notch so far, enjoying this more than Flash, not that that's not good either :p
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can't kill Felicity, because Oliver would have to go back to being dark and broody and after Season 3 no one can take any more of that. 😩

PS - you'd have to worry about the share price of Palmer Technologies when a second CEO dies violently. 😖
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    i said earlier i the thread i thought it would be felicity as "the arrow" isn't meant to be the type of character who lives happily ever after

i agree it could be faked as part of a plot to draw darke out or protect her if he thinks she is dead tho
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    It can't be her in the grave as the flash forwards said it was 6 months in the future we are only at 2-3 months yet.

I think she may be paralyzed and becomes Oracle.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can't be her in the grave as the flash forwards said it was 6 months in the future we are only at 2-3 months yet.

I think she may be paralyzed and becomes Oracle.

But that's Barbara Gordon, would they allow the mixing of characters.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    But that's Barbara Gordon, would they allow the mixing of characters.
    Arrow is already using a lot of Batman mythos Ra's al ghul and The LOA for example.

Unless DC plan on having her in one of the movies they may not care.

She is pretty much doing the role anyway
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yes Arrow uses Batman characters but having Felicity as the Oracle is different as it taking a title of one DC character to use for another.Basically it's like having Batman appear in Arrow and have him be John Diggle.Thats why the previous poster said it was mixing characters which is wrong!

By the way online you can see a brief 20 second preview of Arrow when it returns which shows more of Felicity fate

I really hope that she is killed off as previously stated Oliver shouldn't be happy but i won't believe it until we see her dead!
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrow is already using a lot of Batman mythos Ra's al ghul and The LOA for example.

Unless DC plan on having her in one of the movies they may not care.

She is pretty much doing the role anyway

Ra's al ghul...could be anyone though, which is why he can fit in the Arrow universe....Oracle is Barbara Gordon not Felicity Smoke. It would be absurd for her to become Oracle.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it's the baby momma. I think it will be related to the whole "lie" thing. The truth coming out will somehow result in bad guys finding out, try to kidnap the kid, and get the mother killed.

Another possibility is...it's Ollie's grave. At this point, the only way to remove the targets from Ollie's loved ones is if there's no reason for them. ie. Ollie fakes his death.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Another possibility is...it's Ollie's grave. At this point, the only way to remove the targets from Ollie's loved ones is if there's no reason for them. ie. Ollie fakes his death.

that doesn't really fit with the clip we saw with him and the flash tho , he was dressed for a funeral and if he was trying to fake his own death turning up at his own funeral would be a bit of a giveaway
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's the kid, who I really hope doesn't become a regular feature.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    With the theme of family running through this season so far, and given the final montage shots of Damien Dark's (or however it's spelled) family, I wonder if they gang will find out about them and use them against him in some way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    that doesn't really fit with the clip we saw with him and the flash tho , he was dressed for a funeral and if he was trying to fake his own death turning up at his own funeral would be a bit of a giveaway

Ollie was there alone, and I'm sure Barry just apologised for not coming to the funeral. Not really much context.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's the kid, who I really hope doesn't become a regular feature.

Hasn't there been rumours he's Captain Marvel/Shazam? William=Billy. Do we know his mother's last name? But even if we do...she was trying to hide so could have taken her ma's maiden name on. I don't believe the rumours, but interesting none the less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ollie was there alone, and I'm sure Barry just apologised for not coming to the funeral. Not really much context.

he was dressed in a funeral suit and black tie however , as was barry
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it is the baby mum or Oliver's son considering Barry wasn't that distraught in front of the grave.

But whether it was Felicity or not, she won't last the whole duration. They can change it all up of course, but in the Arrow world, doesn't he end up with Laurel? Felicity only stayed because viewers liked her. So, would they change up the entire timeline from the comics just to make fans happier? I'm not sure.

It's like shunting Lois Lane just because TV viewers wouldn't like the actress playing her and had some woman called, I don't know, Amy to end up with Superman.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I don't know. He and Laurel have been a non-couple so long now that I have trouble seeing how they could convincingly switch back to a romance at this stage. Particularly with everything that happened with Sarah too. Would she really settle for third choice?
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I don't know. He and Laurel have been a non-couple so long now that I have trouble seeing how they could convincingly switch back to a romance at this stage. Particularly with everything that happened with Sarah too. Would she really settle for third choice?

I'm with you on this. I think they decided early on to go down a different route for the show for Oliver's love interest even if originally they had no plans for Felicity
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it's the baby momma. I think it will be related to the whole "lie" thing. The truth coming out will somehow result in bad guys finding out, try to kidnap the kid, and get the mother killed.

I think it's either baby momma and son (cos lets be honest they can't have Oliver having a son really, he's not going to be nipping off for junior league every weekend when there's shit happening in Star City) OR it's going to be Captain Lance.

It being Lance mostly because Oliver and Lance had the whole conversation about how Oliver always takes the blame for everything, even the things he has no control over and Ollie makes the comment at the graveside that once he would have said it was his fault, but now he just accepts it was his responsibility and it was time for him to end it by killing Darhk.

But that would also fit in with it being baby mama/child as the child isn't a canon version of Oliver's son Connor Hawke and he wouldn't be devastated in the same way as if it's one of the key characters because he doesn't "know" his son really.
    Plus there's no way Barry wouldn't have been at the funeral if it was one of the main characters and especially not if it was Felicity.
    Salv* wrote: »
    They can change it all up of course, but in the Arrow world, doesn't he end up with Laurel? Felicity only stayed because viewers liked her. So, would they change up the entire timeline from the comics just to make fans happier? I'm not sure.

Green Arrow and Black Canary marry, get divorced, get together again, separate again ad nauseum in the comics so I don't think the TV show would have any problems breaking that canon. And there's affectively two different Black Canary characters in the comics anyway, Dinah Drake Lance who is married variously to a bloke called Larry Lance or Kirk Lance and the younger incarnation, her daughter Dinah Laurel Lance, who has the relationship with Oliver Queen.

If I remember rightly, at the moment in canon in the comics they are no longer married.

And I think they've effectively put the lid on any relationship between TV Laurel and Oliver fairly convincingly and they had sod all chemistry together as well, it would be a huge stretch to make them a couple again in my view.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    With Damien Darhk having powers I think they should bring in Zatanna to help Arrow with Darhk and see what her magician powers can do against Darhk.