• welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    megan totaly does my head in she got to be centre of everything
    Forum Member
    Hope we get some good storylines for christmas
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I liked the look of the hard as nails woman in the prison. I'm hoping she might do Britt's dirty work for her. Give Gwyneth a proper kicking in the shower.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    Hope we get some good storylines for christmas

We still have not really resolved the storyline from last year's Christmas episode have we? Arwen is still sick with a genetic disease. That is what Jinx was worried about in the Christmas episode. Jinx and Ffion still haven't gotten married or dealt with their families.

Big question who is Arwen's father? There's never been a DNA test. I'm pretty sure its not Macs, there was never all that much reason for Macs to be Arwen's father. Since he left it really doesn't add anything to the storylines for him to be the father of Ffion's baby. This is the next big storyline I am looking forward to.
    Forum Member
    big stories that need a good ending
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand all this business about Garry telling Britt Gwyneth was after Dani? How does that make any difference? If the hit man had found Dani and Garry together in bed he would have killed them both. Garry would have defended Dani and the hitman wouldn't have wanted any witnesses.

Maybe if Sion would stop seeing the world in such black and white terms people would listen to him. There is some middle ground between violent revenge against Gwyenth and complete and utter forgiveness of Gwyneth. Gwyneth should not be forgiven it only encourages her to continue to hurt people. if Sion could only see that Brit probably wouldn't being doing what she is doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I have not watched it for a week.
    the prison scenes, is the prison a welsh speaking one
    Love it when there are a few lines not in the welsh language like when Gwyneth spoke to the hitman on the phone
  • nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Macs is the Dad now he's gone there's no point him not being, he's out the way it caused his exit and Jinx can be a Dad without genetic faults. I didn't think Arwen's disease was genetic, just one of them things and if it her Dad has got hepatitis and liver damage it may be through that. And tbh first cousins very rarely produce off spring with genetic defects.
    The shock last week was Iolo. Cocaine Iolo?!?! :O

About the prison it's in Gloucester but the main woman is welsh and so obviously is Gwyneth and Britt so it's mostly in welsh.

Also how stupid was Hywel putting the forms in the recycling.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that woman Britt asked for help in prison doesn`t turn up on Gwyneths doorstep in the future and becomes Gwyneths new girlfriend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nikki is the one Britt gets in a fight with and Gwyneth has to save her, so possibly not a potential girl friend.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nikki is the one Britt gets in a fight with and Gwyneth has to save her, so possibly not a potential girl friend.

Unless it was something that Gwyneth and Nikki cooked up to make Gwyneth look good.
    I can`t stand the thought of Gwyneth coming back to Cwm Deri in a year and settles down with Gwern as if nothing has happened. It may not even be a year.
    Forum Member
    Would she be able to have Gwern back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Macs is the Dad now he's gone there's no point him not being, he's out the way it caused his exit and Jinx can be a Dad without genetic faults. I didn't think Arwen's disease was genetic, just one of them things and if it her Dad has got hepatitis and liver damage it may be through that. And tbh first cousins very rarely produce off spring with genetic defects.
    The shock last week was Iolo. Cocaine Iolo?!?! :O

What's the point in Macs being the dad other than to blame Macs for everything and make Ffion into some kind of saint. Why is a woman who deceived 2 men suddenly a saint.

Why was there never a DNA test? If Macs wasn't the father Ffion and Jinx would have some reason to look for their father's and deal with their families. As it stands now they just blame Macs for everything.

I like the Iolo cocaine story. I am tired of saint Iolo. He's not one and everyone thinks he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Macs being the dad gave a reason for him to be ill and then leave and the give jinx the child he wanted. It is lazy writing but it makes sense and it probably causes problems for Sion next week when he's in despair over Britt and yet it's his granddaughter's birthday.

Im not sure about the cocaine it seems OOC and the whole I was spiked seems odd. You can never know what you've been spiked with and if you knew you wouldn't drive surely?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Macs being the dad gave a reason for him to be ill and then leave and the give jinx the child he wanted. It is lazy writing but it makes sense and it probably causes problems for Sion next week when he's in despair over Britt and yet it's his granddaughter's birthday.

Im not sure about the cocaine it seems OOC and the whole I was spiked seems odd. You can never know what you've been spiked with and if you knew you wouldn't drive surely?

I thought the illness was the reason that Macs left not him being Arwen's father. I thought actually Macs being Arwen's father was an attempt to create tension between Macs and Jinx- because there was bad blood between them over Izzy.They were constaintly mentioning Izzy at the time. Then Rhys Bidder wanted to leave and they were forced to give Macs an illness and the Izzy thing was dropped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the illness only came out because of Arwen. I think that's why he was made the Father, it also gives him a reason to come back in the future considering his relationship with his Father is none existent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Macs was made the father months and months before the illness. I don't think he was made the father because Rhys Bidder was leaving, I think he made the decision to leave afterwards. As a long time viewer that's what it looked like to me. I don't think Hep B was planned it looked like they did that storyline in a rush. If the writers planned Macs exit that way for 6 months they an incredibly poor job. If they wanted viewers to see Macs as the villain they could have done the DNA test, and then there would have been a clean exit. They left everything so ambiguous and then all the characters act like they have some kind of set in stone proof.

It is creating a real problem for me with watching Sion. I have no idea if the writers expect me to feel sympathy for him losing his family, but I can't since he pushed one son out without even bothering to find out the truth. Iolo isn't likable anymore either. I don't think Rhys Bidder is coming back but Sion and Iolo are staying and I think they need to be called out here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was meant to be a big storyline but he left so they changed it. I still keep thinking Macs will die off screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it was meant to be a big storyline but he left so they changed it. I still keep thinking Macs will die off screen.

I think that's it exactly. It was supposed to be a big storyline and then it was changed because Rhys Bidder wanted to leave.

I personally really want to know one way or the other if Macs is Arwen's father. I can't stand watching Sion for the next 10 years moaning over his granddaughter Arwen if he doesn't know. There is no way atm that Sion should believe he has some kind of iron clad proof that he is Arwen's grandfather. I mean Ffion was the kind of person who slept around, and she doesn't remember that she slept with Macs. There is no DNA test and the test they did do showed that Iolo and Sion weren't donor matches. That is more than just a small room for doubt. Probert has less proof and he is doubting he's Courtney's father.

Also Iolo at some point needs to tell Sion about Macs believing that Scott caused the Hep. B. With only Sioned and Macs infected, Scott certainly isn't cleared as the cause.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    That postman is incredibly irritating. Just wanders around from place to place sticking his nose in to everyone's business. He needs a proper, violent kicking.
  • buddugoliaethbuddugoliaeth Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Kevin should have used the 6k to hire a gang of skinheads to give Debbie a vicious, violent, bone crunching, kicking. A proper seeing to. A real beating. I'm right, aren't I, Cwm Heads ?
    I liked the look of the hard as nails woman in the prison. I'm hoping she might do Britt's dirty work for her. Give Gwyneth a proper kicking in the shower.
    That postman is incredibly irritating. Just wanders around from place to place sticking his nose in to everyone's business. He needs a proper, violent kicking.

Hardly the most well-reasoned and constructive comments; very different to those of most of the contributors to this forum.
  • AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    I haven't been watching lately, just checking out the boards here. When did Iolo start doing coke?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyL wrote: »
    I haven't been watching lately, just checking out the boards here. When did Iolo start doing coke?

It was in last Fridays episode when the rugby teams blood test results came back it showed cocaine in Iolo's blood stream but he said he had gone out the night before and had had his drink spiked with cocaine. It didn't ring true
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnthonyL wrote: »

Last week apparently. Although he says his drink was spiked and he didn't know. I think there is more too that.

Sion is putting so much pressure on Iolo. He is making it quite clear that Iolo is his favorite child and he won't be able to function without him since everyone else abandons him. Its really horrible, must make Iolo feel so responsible and guilty. Plus I am sure he already feels guilty about the accident, and probably how Macs left. You could see how someone would take drugs to check out for a bit in that situation.
  • AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the response!

So we never saw what happened, only the results of his test and his explanation?