2»

Comments

• Dave 162Dave 162 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I hope her puss is ok ...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she's OK, please let us know later on....
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Back from an unsatisfactory but expensive visit to the Vet.

He can find nothing really wrong; she has a slight temperature, so he has given her an antibiotic injection as well as an injection to bring her temperature down.

Oh yes and I have to get a urine sample !!!! And return in 24hours.

Tomorrow’s appointment is at 1820hrs so I will let you know then.

Kindest Regards
    Kaylan
  • Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Kaylan, thanks for updating us! :) I'm glad the news for puss is ok so far...Though I know what it's like to take an obviously ill/distressed pet to the vet (You know your pet and know when they are not themselves.) and come away with no diagnosis. Happened to me last year.
    I'm sorry to let you know, but I'm glad about the urine sample. ;) The chance of kidney problems in cats over the age of eight increases a lot so hopefull this is what the test is for, and hopefully more, will rule it out.
    Has she been pooing much? I only ask in case there's a chance she's swolled something she shouldn't have. Maybe get an x-ray if all the other tests come back ok? (There's no chance she's pregnant either is there?)
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update Kaylan, fingers crossed for puss. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could find no sign of blocked gut or bladder.

She appears to have no apatite problems.

Tomorrow will be the acid test as it is tuna day!

Its her weekly treat, a tin of john west tuna.

To not serve it is to suffer, funny its like having two wifes somtimes :D (sorry mrs Kaylan)
  • tabitha2tabitha2 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I've been lurking, and holding my breath. Getting a urine sample is not easy! Just to save you from worrying a bit - I've got a cat who is now 14, and 2 years ago suffered from kidney failure. It was touch and go for a few weeks, but they got the medication right, and he's been bouncing about happily since then. Expensive, but worth every penny :)
    He goes through phases of refusing to go near his bed, and acting 'spooked' by things (I've posted about this before) but is calm again now, and happy to go to bed. Weird.

Hope it goes well for you and tiddles.
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tabitha2 wrote: »
    I've been lurking, and holding my breath. Getting a urine sample is not easy!

My cat had a urine test a few months ago. Fortunately the vet did it no problem, so I didn't have to lurk near my cat's tray with a bottle!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How will you get a Urine Sample that will be interesting :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it's not bad news, Kaylan, and good luck with the urine sample! :D

Keep us posted, won't you? I hope that tuna day goes well, and give her lots of big cuddles from me.
    Forum Member
    getting pee
    I have used a saucer before now , an loitered as she squatted on her cat litter then as she goes stick it in under her mid squirts , I then poured it into the tube as my puss looked annoyed at me as she started to cover her peeless litter with her front paws ,lol
    Forum Member
    Dave 162 wrote: »
    getting pee
    I have used a saucer before now , an loitered as she squatted on her cat litter then as she goes stick it in under her mid squirts , I then poured it into the tube as my puss looked annoyed at me as she started to cover her peeless litter with her front paws ,lol

Our vet told us to empty the tray of litter, then when he'd 'been' just tip it into the bottle. But he wouldn't go in an empty tray! Just hung on for ages until he could escape into the garden. Gave me mucky looks too. It's funny how they seem embarrassed to 'go' in front of anyone.
    Forum Member
    tabitha2
    They hate it when watched an can be very fussy , I know I am ,lol
    Forum Member
    well, me too Dave. But I'm never sure how much 'self awareness' cats have! I often wonder if he's getting his own back when he follows me into the bathroom :)
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our cat is stopping at the vets for his regular wee test,i dont know the proper name but he gets crystals that block his urine duct(can be fatal if not kept an eye on),it sometimes takes a couple of days for him to have a wee.:)
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,083
    Forum Member
    thanks for the up date...good luck getting the sample
  • shardlakeshardlake Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Glad puss cat seems ok, hope you manage to get the sample, that'll be fun :D
    Give her a cuddle from me and good luck for tomorrow I'll be thinking of you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning All,

Urine sample collected LOL

For those who want to know the details.

Closed all windows and the cat flap, emptied the litter tray of Catsan, and added a very small layer of non absorbent crystals.

0630hrs this morning with small syringe drew off the liquid, and placed in test tube with stopper.

Replaced Catsan, one relived cat!

I was supposed to give her 5ml of a liquid laxative, tried when I got back from the vets, I was told in no uncertain terms to go away, as she had had enough!

Once again, thank you for all your kind comments

Kindest Regards
    Kaylan
  • UndefinedUndefined Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Kaylan wrote: »
    Closed all windows and the cat flap, emptied the litter tray of Catsan, and added a very small layer of non absorbent crystals.

0630hrs this morning with small syringe drew off the liquid, and placed in test tube with stopper.

Replaced Catsan, one relived cat!

Genius!
    Kaylan wrote: »
    I was supposed to give her 5ml of a liquid laxative, tried when I got back from the vets, I was told in no uncertain terms to go away, as she had had enough!

LOL yes, I can well imagine!

Hope all goes well this evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening All,

OK back from the vets, the VET seem surprised when I did not say all was now well. He seemed disturbed by the fact that I said that there was no difference in her behaviour from yesterday!

More antibiotics.

See you in 5 days!

So far this week that’s £130 thank you very much.

Ok so she is insured, but the cost is stupid for a couple of injections, 30ml of laxative, and 3 days of antibiotics!

Sorry to grump, but not happy with the vet, I tried to explain that her current behaviour is very out of character for her. All I got was “well cats are strange creatures aren’t they”!

Kindest Regards

Kaylan
  • B3atenB3aten Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Kaylan,

We've had some scares in the past, but cat care isn't cheap. Jake went through a phase of sleeping in the bath when he wasn't well when he had an overactive thyroid. If you aren't happy, try a different vet. Just go on gut instincts which you seem to be going with. Some vets are good, others arent.

Good luck!
  • shardlakeshardlake Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Sorry the vet's not very helpful Kaylan, is there any chance she's been bullied or feels threatened by a new arrival in the nieghbourhood or something's changed for her in the house or her territory?
    Otherwise I'd ask for a blood test to rule out anything nasty but unseen, sorry more money:o, pets can be expensive an cause pleny of worry at times as I've learnt at my expense, but definately well worth it :)
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,083
    Forum Member
    you could try a second opinion from another vet