Who is the most overrated artist out of this list?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    They are all shit.

We have a winner.
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Gaga thinks she's some kind of Icon I think. She certainly thinks she's up there with Bowie, Madonna, M. Jackson, Elvis. Desperate, clingy person that needs to be loved and adored.

I can understand how people and she sees her self up there with everyone else.
    BUT
    people who made music back then were sort of and did bring something new to the table (to an extent). I haven't heard anything that Gaga has done differently. But then isn't that the way with all new music, that everything may have been done already. You can chase that concept back through classical music... but the charts are just about making money these days not actually releasing something different, ok they have always been about making money, but the days where marketing execs and the BIG radio stations where they took the chance on something different are very very very very very far and few between. They are too worried about sales and listeners figures then they are about testing new waters, you got to break a few eggs to make an omelette.
    Elvis was good before he became fat and addicted to drugs when he stuck to his blues roots, same with Jackson and his style with Motown and soul, Bowie was all over the place with different genres. Madonna just really used sex I suppose and the image of a powerful women - she was in my opinion being a media icon enabled her to sell her music over actual musical quality, a marketing executives wet dream.
    I believe there is very little so called talent in the charts these days as its just re coddled formats. Nothing actually new has come out for a long time. What irritates me are the adverts on tv that tell you how wonderful, amazing, ground breaking a certain album is and that you will love it..... No I wont stop telling me....
    That whole desperate clingy person that needs to be adored - I think that is with anyone in the media these days, which is why people and artists and other celebrities are constantly updating their twitter, facebook, or what ever. The Like button is a transactional analysis't's wet dream as well, with its desperate need for people to like what ever someone is doing or has done... click me click me...We are more interested in what people think then actually what I (you, me as an individual) think about as a person, and looking for the group connection. ...
    For me I'm currently into, Hilltop hoods (aussie rap,funk, hiphop etc group)I suggest checking out "The hard road restrung" (a great album) , Grasscut (electronic) and Bonobo where as my favourite DJ is DJ Cheeba.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Bieber...followed by Caca!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither

If only Beyonce had been included

I agree!
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris brown for sure
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no idea. What I do know is that not one of them is a singer/ rapper that I take even remotely seriously and I think that people who do take them quite seriously could do with broadening their musical horizons a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Are people like Bieber highly rated?
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Brown.

Overrated by himself!
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga is the only one on that list who i'd argue has any real music merit, while i'm not a fan of hers at least she does seem to have some genuine talent.
    The others on the list are just pretty faced puppets, I really don't see how anyone can concider them overrated as they aren't really 'rated' anyway.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady GaGa, easily. She's a joke.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Chris Brown Or Justin Bieber
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one direction is missing
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say Chris Brown is that highly rated. I would say Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    one direction is missing

I would definitely agree.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JUSTIN BEIBER :mad:

glad that was an option, it helped me have an easy vote :D
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's Adele but she's not on the list..
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are people like Bieber highly rated?

That's why I didn't vote for him although he's the only one on the list I have no time for at all.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I voted for Justin Bieber (although I do like a few of his songs). I would have voted for Rita Ora if she'd been on there. Or Jessie J.

Both Rita Ora and Jessie J are overrated. What is so special about Ora anyway? She seems like a Poundland Rihanna to me.
    Electra wrote: »
    Does everyone actually know what 'overrated' means? how can Beiber be in the lead when nobody takes him seriously apart from little girls?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it means that someone or something popular (eg a pop music act or TV show) doesn't live up to the hype surrounding them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete