The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    The DM say nothing different to the Mirror and the quotes do not concern the article or eurovision at all

BigBmad, it's over... :(
    Tyler, whose husky voice has led to her being described as ‘the female Rod Stewart’, said: ‘It is an honour to represent my country and is also a wonderful way to ensure that my song Believe in Me reaches the widest possible audience.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Last time we had a Welsh female we came 3rd!

Bonnie seems lovely, and we know the BBC have been trying to get her for 20 years. I'll need to hear a studio version of the song and a live version before I can judge.

Meh. She's not what I wanted but I'm gonna make the best of her- and at least that song has a chorus.

It's times like these I wish I was German :(
  • georgetheaspiegeorgetheaspie Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bonnie seems lovely, and we know the BBC have been trying to get her for 20 years. I'll need to hear a studio version of the song and a live version before I can judge.

Meh. She's not what I wanted but I'm gonna make the best of her- and at least that song has a chorus.

It's times like these I wish I was German :(

Here she is in action...;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkn1zE558dI
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter30 wrote: »
    BigBmad, it's over... :(

nooooooooo :( haha. Well now if it ain't her my opinion of the DM will drop even more.

I am going to go to bed, never mind 18th I think we will know for sure who (I give in it will be Bonnie) tomorrow.
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member

Rewind ten years....

"Last time we had a Scouse act we came 2nd!"
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they dress her better than that in Malmo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Richard Gordon ‏@RichardWGordon
    No official @bbceurovision statement until March 18th, despite Daily Mail and Mirror claiming they know who 2013 UK eurovision act is.

This guy is a journalist for the BBC. Part of me still hopes that it isn't her, but I think I'd prefer her to Petula.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DM say nothing different to the Mirror and the quotes do not concern the article or eurovision at all

Check again BB : "It is an honour to represent my country......"
    Forum Member
    The guy that wrote Believe In Me also wrote Livin' On A Prayer, Waking Up In Vegas, She Bangs and the brilliant Kiss The Rain.

So at least he has form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The danger is the song will be totally overshadowed by the ballads from Russia, Ukraine, Georgia etc
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »

This is the Daily Fail we're talking about here, the undisputed kings of twisting, misquoting and darn right making stuff up ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah sorry I seem to have an inability to read :p.

Maybe we will have a duet, Bonnie and Petula :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    No official @bbceurovision statement until March 18th, despite Daily Mail and Mirror claiming they know who 2013 UK eurovision act is.

This guy is a journalist for the BBC. Part of me still hopes that it isn't her, but I think I'd prefer her to Petula.

He's either come along sternly to tell us that we're all wrong, or he's cross because we've found out.

I'm beginning to think that this is all just another silly rumour. If this journalist is right, then the other bloke who claims we're having an 8am announcement isn't advertising much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy that wrote Believe In Me also wrote Livin' On A Prayer, Waking Up In Vegas, She Bangs and the brilliant Kiss The Rain.

So at least he has form.

Wasn't Love will set you free wrote by Adeles writters though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »

He doesn't know anything more then us
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So at least he has form.

I'm pretty sure Desmond Child has already had a song at Eurovision, or at least in one of the national heats somewhere........:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    This is the Daily Fail we're talking about here, the undisputed kings of twisting, misquoting and darn right making stuff up ;)

Seems odd that two national newspapers are running with the story concurrently though.
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Love will set you free wrote by Adeles writters though

Yeah, but if Adele had had that song it would have been a whole lot better.

At least the guy can wrote an anthem!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't know anything more then us

Depends what sort of a journalist he is! If he's a sports journalist, then probably not. He may well be some sort of Entertainment/Eurovision journalist, in which case he knows his onions (or UK entrants) most likely.;)
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure Desmond Child has already had a song at Eurovision, or at least in one of the national heats somewhere........:confused:

Apparently he wrote Run for Anders Fernette in 2011.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends what sort of a journalist he is! If he's a sports journalist, then probably not. He may well be some sort of Entertainment/Eurovision journalist, in which case he knows his onions (or UK entrants) most likely.;)

Well I have had him added for few years he didn't know about The Hump and doesn't seem to know anything about this artist either.

I have given into the Bonnie rumours, I will go to bed with that thought haha :/
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Gordon_%28broadcaster%29

he's a sports Journo acording to Wikipedia
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Seems odd that two national newspapers are running with the story concurrently though.

Thats true I guess, I wouldn't be massively disappointed with Bonnie as I like that power ballad style of music but the MAJOR problem is her voice has gone and unless she can miraculously find it again, we're not troubling anyone come May which is a shame-What is wrong with finding a decent live singer BBC, there's loads out there! :mad:
    Forum Member
    I console myself in that we are at our strongest with a female power ballad- Katrina, Jessica & Jade are recent testaments to that.

I also have realised that Imaani is probably as contemporary as we're ever gonna get.
    Forum Member
    Think of all the little Euro fans asleep now and dreaming of Paloma Faith leading us to victory.

Graham Norton really did try and divert us, didn't he, the cheeky little minx.
This discussion has been closed.