• Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pure fiction/assumption.

Listen to Victoria's interview -

start 26:36
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT6rqr5ILSI

Sorry to disappoint but that interview is nonsense. Victoria says what she wants to say but it's meaningless.

Cynthia Cidre told ultimatedallas.com that they never asked Victoria back and never had any intention of asking her back.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching at US pace?

Spoilers for the finale to follow
    So Pam is dead and J.R. had himself killed. I'm disappointed.

Apparently they never even approached Victoria Principal to return. All they did was confirm what we already knew back in 1988. Pam had a terminal illness that she died from a few months later. It's closure on the character but if this revival hadn't happened most would have assumed her death had taken place anyway. Not very exciting.

As for J.R., in many ways it was the right decision but I can't help feeling a bit let down. Of course J.R. would die on his own terms but they spent half the season teasing that it would be a proper whodunnit.

J.R. and Pam are both done and dusted in the same season:(
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen all 15 episodes and am hungry for more!
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care about Emmas love life or her drug problem....its the one part of the show thats grating on me
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why were Gary & Valene brought back, only for them to disappear with no explanation?

Is it safe for Pam jnr to be having sex so soon after a late miscarriage?

Where is Harris's mother?

Has Emma always been a junkie **** or is this her reaction to breaking free from evil daddy & weird granny?

All in all, a gripping episode & I look forward to the next one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    I dont care about Emmas love life or her drug problem....its the one part of the show thats grating on me

I agree Im really not a fan of her character :sleep:
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is Harris's mother?

Has Emma always been a junkie **** or is this her reaction to breaking free from evil daddy & weird granny?

All in all, a gripping episode & I look forward to the next one.

Haven't seen last nights ep yet but I presume if there are no new clues that Harris's mother is still sectioned in the hospital or home where he put her.

I reckon Emma's drug use comes from her father. Wasn't there a scene a few weeks ago when Harris said something about her not taking her pills .... I bet he and his mother had her on tranquillisers or something to keep her calm and easy to manipulate and then she got hooked. The slutty stuff is prob a reaction to his trying to control her all the time ....
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    Haven't seen last nights ep yet but I presume if there are no new clues that Harris's mother is still sectioned in the hospital or home where he put her.

I reckon Emma's drug use comes from her father. Wasn't there a scene a few weeks ago when Harris said something about her not taking her pills .... I bet he and his mother had her on tranquillisers or something to keep her calm and easy to manipulate and then she got hooked. The slutty stuff is prob a reaction to his trying to control her all the time ....

But you can't just have someone sectioned, a psychiatrist would have to agree to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you can't just have someone sectioned, a psychiatrist would have to agree to it.

Yes, but this is Dallas ;) Plus she is kind of crazy!
  • Options
    CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot quite get away with how much I am enjoying this. Loved it in the 80's and this just works for me. I hope we get another season, despite the ratings
  • Options
    Bomani channingBomani channing Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about Dallas having got better and better without JR. Indeed this whole series 2 has been such a step up from series 1 it is a shame as it has probably come too late to win back viewers and, sadly, maybe to even get a series 3. Hope I am being needlessly pessimistic.
    do you know something about how dallas is doing in the states? do share
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many more episodes are there?

I've really enjoyed it since the Ewings have united against Ryland and Cliff Barnes evil twin. Christopher has improved and my only bug bear now is skull face goody two shoes Elena. Even her brother and Emma are more interesting!
  • Options
    Vardon78Vardon78 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Not sure how reliable this is, but here is some info about the possibility of a series 3:

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/Duffy-Confirms-DALLAS-Renewed-For-Third-Season-20130409

If it does happen, looks like it will air in the Summer, 2014 which is probably for the best as it wouldn't have much competititon during that time in the US as most primetime shows would be on a Summer hiatus.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you know something about how dallas is doing in the states? do share

No, only that the trend has been similar to the UK in terms of fall off and then stabilisation at a modest level. But it rates well in high ad rating age ranges so with TNT that has a good chance of seeing it through.

Whether Channel Five will take it - though - is another matter. And if they did probably only on a minority channel and not in HD.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    oilcat wrote: »
    That I can do without too.

Great episode this week with Ryland still a truly nasty villain who is always one step ahead of the Ewings.

And Pam knows.:eek:

dd68 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for season 3!
    Would be Fun if there was, but would C5 show it.:confused:
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    That I can do without too.

Great episode this week with Ryland still a truly nasty villain who is always one step ahead of the Ewings.

And Pam knows.:eek:

Would be Fun if there was, but would C5 show it.:confused:

I thought that they had a contract for the show's lifespan, may be wrong
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drew is confusing me here, he knows everything, he was rsponsible for killing Pamela's babies, he has blown up an oil rig which has lead his so called saviours the Ewings into meltdown, he has been beaten to a pulp by Ryland and his girlfriend is high on pills.

WHY THE HELL IS HE STILL IN DALLAS!!! if you had been involved in all that you would have moved on and got the hell out.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    How many more episodes are there?

I've really enjoyed it since the Ewings have united against Ryland and Cliff Barnes evil twin. Christopher has improved and my only bug bear now is skull face goody two shoes Elena. Even her brother and Emma are more interesting!

I agree with you. I much prefer it when the Ewings are united, as opposed to all the in-fighting. I. also agree about Elena - she can sling her hook any time she likes.

There are 3 more episodes in series 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the UK we are three episodes behind so I hope we can keep what's happened in America secret for next three weeks.

The internet has tended to ruin the notion of surprise in programmes shown in other countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Drew is confusing me here, he knows everything, he was rsponsible for killing Pamela's babies, he has blown up an oil rig which has lead his so called saviours the Ewings into meltdown, he has been beaten to a pulp by Ryland and his girlfriend is high on pills.

WHY THE HELL IS HE STILL IN DALLAS!!! if you had been involved in all that you would have moved on and got the hell out.

lol ... so true! I guess he's just so intent on drilling that land of his father's ... if he tells that story about his father one more time I will throw something at the screen!
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I. also agree about Elena - she can sling her hook any time she likes.

Yes, it was a mistake to cast that actress. Her face never seems to show any emotion.
  • Options
    Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Dallas comes back for series 3. John Ross and Christopher are great new castings. Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy should definitely come back as well as Ryland and his nutty mum.

I wonder how long before we find out if there's been a renewal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valene1 wrote: »
    I really hope Dallas comes back for series 3. John Ross and Christopher are great new castings. Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy should definitely come back as well as Ryland and his nutty mum.

I wonder how long before we find out if there's been a renewal?

Try reading up the page
  • Options
    Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Try reading up the page

Oh yes :( Summer 2014 is too big a gap but at least then it's getting a third series
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    So do we get a ''new'' Pam ? Or is she just getting mentioned for us not to forget about her..VP come back :(