Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think that Alex might have been on a 360 record deal during the last two years? For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a type of record deal that a label give you where they pay for absolutely everything...time in recording studio, flights etc. In return, the label takes a cut of all of your earnings from areas other than music itself, for example endorsements, advertisements, private gigs, merchandise. People like PIxie Lott, Union J, The Saturday's, Cheryl are all on 360 deals. That's the reason they're still signed despite flops...particularly The Saturdays and Pixie Lott. Their music has flopped, but their label are still making money from them from other areas as they take a cut. I think Alex might have been on this sort of deal during the last two years...it explains how she was managing to spend so much time in the recording studio, flights here there and everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am living for the vocals she is serving!!
    The production is mad!
    It would have slayed if it was released.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quite impressed, bridge bit weird and could be shortened tad bit but definitely miles better then a lot of her material!
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Shgssgafafafwcavha THAT CHORUS *.*

SERVE ME LIFE BURKEY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You might wanna delete that link tho, due to it containing a download button for the song

Uploading it to youtube as we speak

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLG3umD8D0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it'll be used for the album. When the last leak happened I dmed her the situation and link but she didn't reply, so...
    I'll ask her again if you want?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how to delete a post on here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh it's not that, it's just that DS has rules against filesharing which could get you banned I think

Happy New Year #teamAB! Let's hope for a better year careerwise for Alex and joy and happiness for y'all!
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    This song slayed me.. I knew it would be awesome. Thanks for posting this!!!
    Amazing. Wow. I can't stop listening it...

Do you know if she performed new material at G-A-Y? The new logo was there, so lol ;D
    Anyway.. This leak (I hope it wil be at least on the EP) made my new year even better. Let's hope we will get the EP tomorrow, or today should I say... Happy new year guys. For you, me and Alex herself :)
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW

Why did she part with the management! Those end vocals hints at a real R&B Diva in the making... Sad that this didn't come to fruition the right way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dunno if it's the site that NoMoreYou leak was on, but it shows it on my phone as a track from album called "trinity" and it's says that the artist is just "alexandra"
    So maybe that will be the EP?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex is gonna have such a hard time this year with the release of the album but with the uk public so against her I dont see it going very well. Why do they hate her so much? She seems so nice.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having an EARGASM listening to those vocals especially with earphones!! Still think it's an album track or a 3rd or 4th single but still sounds great! Man I wish things worked out for her :(
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is gonna have such a hard time this year with the release of the album but with the uk public so against her I dont see it going very well. Why do they hate her so much? She seems so nice.

I can't see her regaining the UK without slaying the US first but idk if she ever had label support and a banger than maybe she could become a bit like Jessie? People find her irritating but still successful
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think its that good. It sounds so dated and the production isn't great. Sounds like it was produced by a 12 year old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see this 12 year old producer some of you speak of, production isn't perfect but a lot stronger then some of the previous EP

anyways even Thatgrapejuice don't even post about her anymore, its sad :( I guess they are sick of the delays as well.

We got told an EP is coming December lol now in the NY and nothing. Love Alex but smh she is so bad with dates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think that the production is bad. I mean, okay. It's not first class, that I can say. But this song is just awesome, and you can not deny! Those vocals are unbelievable.

And yes Shoed that's her weakness. She needs to learn that once you say something, you can't take it back. And Alex says a lot of thing. Like US album, EP,the single, the video... And we got nothing. But hey, that's just the way she is. Love her anyway :D
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think its that good. It sounds so dated and the production isn't great. Sounds like it was produced by a 12 year old.

this...it has megaflop written all over it, its not even good to be an album track
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bad production? Girl this is better than WDHG, #NR and some of HOH *cough*LYTM & WMCB*cough* COMBINED
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2893500/Alexandra-Burke-dons-plunging-dress-New-Year-s-meal-family-friends-slipping-sparkly-bodysuit-G-Y-gig.html

They didn't throw shade but nicely described Alex's management and third album delay. Happy they finally addressed it fully tbh. Let's hope Alex's new UK management can help promote her enough to find a semi decent label to release this album through
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Bad production? Girl this is better than WDHG, #NR and some of HOH *cough*LYTM & WMCB*cough* COMBINED

Goes to show how bad the production on her songs has gotten then. :(

The vocals are great on "No More You" but then again I wouldn't expect anything less. The flow of the song is a bit clunky, but I think that would have worked had the production been better. Is this the finalised version of the song or just a demo? I don't think it would have worked as a single, but definitely a solid album track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2893500/Alexandra-Burke-dons-plunging-dress-New-Year-s-meal-family-friends-slipping-sparkly-bodysuit-G-Y-gig.html

They didn't throw shade but nicely described Alex's management and third album delay. Happy they finally addressed it fully tbh. Let's hope Alex's new UK management can help promote her enough to find a semi decent label to release this album through
    That hair needs to go tho, she looks about 40 now :(