Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna was amazing. Its simple :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am afraid to say this but she was stiff. Like she couldn't be asked. and Madonna always gives it her all.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one's asking her to look as good as ever. She's a singer, not a model, and she's never pretended otherwise. You don't see anyone criticising Paul McCartney or Bono's dancing and clothes choices.

She certainly is not.

As for the awards, I felt Beyonce was robbed. She should have won best album. Even if she hadn't, I could have understood a Sam Smith win. Not Beck though...the album in my opinion wasn't that great. The production of Beyonce's album was fantastic, as was the album itself, even everything down to the execution/release of it. Oh well, she now has 20 Grammy's and she's only 31 (I think!), which is amazing.
  • Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She certainly is not.

Well she is, she doesn't have a big voice like Aretha Franklin but she's still a singer nonetheless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she is, she doesn't have a big voice like Aretha Franklin but she's still a singer nonetheless.

She mimes more than she sings. And that's coming from someone who likes Madonna.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna is almost 60. I think she can be excused for using a backing track and she more than makes up for it via the performances she gives. I think Madonna has proved she can sing and anyone who says she cannot need to watch this from when she was at her peak vocally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9V2FaioZSE
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I was fully expecting Beyoncé to win album of the year, good for Beck; but I'm annoyed that I've woken up and all the press I've seen so far has been about Kanye and Beyoncé (even if it seemed like Kanye was joking at the time). Let Beck have his moment for pete's sake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna is almost 60. I think she can be excused for using a backing track and she more than makes up for it via the performances she gives. I think Madonna has proved she can sing and anyone who says she cannot need to watch this from when she was at her peak vocally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9V2FaioZSE

I like Madonna, but she mimes way too much. If she's a "singer", then she should be singing, not moving her lips with no sound coming out. It's ridiculous, and that goes for any artist.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact is. She is 56. So what do you expect?

Yes she is and it certainly showed...perhaps she should admit it to herself. The mind may not feel it, but her body will, no matter how good a shape it's in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't heard Beck's album but every few years, an album that isn't largely predicted to win does win and I like surprises like that. So good for them. Winners shouldn't always be the most commericial and best selling.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's curious that movies have (a few) awards that are respected and worth winning, yet music has none. Why is that?
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She certainly is not.

As for the awards, I felt Beyonce was robbed. She should have won best album. Even if she hadn't, I could have understood a Sam Smith win. Not Beck though...the album in my opinion wasn't that great. The production of Beyonce's album was fantastic, as was the album itself, even everything down to the execution/release of it. Oh well, she now has 20 Grammy's and she's only 31 (I think!), which is amazing.

Beyoncé I can understand. But Sam Smith? Dear God, that album is sitting on Metacritic on a distinctly below average score of 62 - hardly album of the year material. Ed an Pharrell both sit on a middling 67. While Becks and Beyoncés albums are both in the 80's.

And before anyone says I don't care what the critics say - that is what the Grammys are! They should be rewarding music, not popularity - If Smith won the Grammy with an album full of filler material It would have been a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Semierotic;76891982]It's curious that movies have (a few) awards that are respected and worth winning, yet music has none. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

I doubt most of the general public actually care...awards are for the artists (though I suspect most artists don't care either) & companies involved, so I don't think music/film awards are any different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She mimes more than she sings. And that's coming from someone who likes Madonna.

She's performed live loads of times. Have a look on YouTube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Yes she is and it certainly showed...perhaps she should admit it to herself. The mind may not feel it, but her body will, no matter how good a shape it's in.

I think we should put you in 5 inch heels and see how well you move. With a nice pretty wig on top.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does this air over here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    When does this air over here?

Tonight on 4 Music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should put you in 5 inch heels and see how well you move. With a nice pretty wig on top.

So your saying that she can't wear heels then, if it wasn't for the heels her performance would have been good, she must have thought she could do it else why wear them.
  • Options
    Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry's performance was stunning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's performed live loads of times. Have a look on YouTube.

She's also mimed a hell of a lot of times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's also mimed a hell of a lot of times.

Well perhaps you can tally the amount of times she has sung live and mimed then come up with the percentages for each. I however, cannot be arsed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    So your saying that she can't wear heels then, if it wasn't for the heels her performance would have been good, she must have thought she could do it else why wear them.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well perhaps you can tally the amount of times she has sung live and mimed then come up with the percentages for each. I however, cannot be arsed.

That's got nothing to do with it. She mimes loads. She's not a "singer".
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good show. Lots of talented performances.
  • Options
    PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's got nothing to do with it. She mimes loads. She's not a "singer".

Can u name a current pop star that never mimes?

Take a seat.