Options

EastEnders - Ronnie Mitchell/Samantha Womack Appreciation Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Natalie360Natalie360 Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Apparently, Glynis Barber hinted a return to a familiar role on Twitter...do you think that Glenda will return? If so...I think that there would be hostility between her and Ronnie, seeing that she didn't leave on a good note. I will be interested to see what they would make of her return, if she is evidently set on a return.
  • Options
    liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ronnie will be fine with Glenda. They were on bad terms last time because Ronnie and Roxy thought it was Glenda who stole Roxy's money. Ronnie now knows that it was Phil so they should be fine with each other.
    I am hoping we may find out a bit more about Vincent and Ronnie's connection in the flash back episode.
    Hopefully.

God knows when Ronnie's next appearance will be after this episode:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guys Vincent Gave Ronnie The Gun!!!
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I agree with you lilirose - I'm over Ronnie and Charlie.
    I've not kept up with EE press/spoilers too much and could forgive a kiss between Charlie and Roxy, (which I thought that was all it was going to be) but to have slept together? Nah. Done, move on, next!
    I hope Ronnie recovers slowly but surely, takes the baby, renames him and moves on with her life. Pretty peeved that EE did this to her again!

I'm already shipping Ronnie and Richard Blackwood's character ahaha. He's a bit of yum! :blush:

It was great Ronnie featured in the flashback tonight, wasn't expecting an appearance from her at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Natalie360 wrote: »
    Apparently, Glynis Barber hinted a return to a familiar role on Twitter...do you think that Glenda will return? If so...I think that there would be hostility between her and Ronnie, seeing that she didn't leave on a good note. I will be interested to see what they would make of her return, if she is evidently set on a return.

Don't think she was hinting, more reminiscing. I'd love Glenda to return but at the moment, I don't think there is room for her. It's so chaotic right now. If Glenda was returning for the first time, I'd love for her to scoop Ronnie and Matthew up, take them to her house and defend them like a lion keeping Charlie and Roxy away. But never mind.
    I think there have been plenty of missed opportunities before now for Glenda to have returned, but hopefully there'll be some new ones in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with you lilirose - I'm over Ronnie and Charlie.
    I've not kept up with EE press/spoilers too much and could forgive a kiss between Charlie and Roxy, (which I thought that was all it was going to be) but to have slept together? Nah. Done, move on, next!
    I hope Ronnie recovers slowly but surely, takes the baby, renames him and moves on with her life. Pretty peeved that EE did this to her again!

I'm already shipping Ronnie and Richard Blackwood's character ahaha. He's a bit of yum! :blush:

It was great Ronnie featured in the flashback tonight, wasn't expecting an appearance from her at all.

I will vouch for agreement here as well, I am over them. Which is sad because they seemed so loved up in the flashback...
    But nope, I am not in the mood for a second chance, because Ronnie keeps on forgiving and it's always thrown right back at her face.

Hahahaha I want to know whether they were in a previous relationship? She didn't really push him away that fast when they kissed. But, they seem to go way back. So many outstanding questions, it's doing my head in!
    Don't think she was hinting, more reminiscing. I'd love Glenda to return but at the moment, I don't think there is room for her. It's so chaotic right now. If Glenda was returning for the first time, I'd love for her to scoop Ronnie and Matthew up, take them to her house and defend them like a lion keeping Charlie and Roxy away. But never mind.
    I think there have been plenty of missed opportunities before now for Glenda to have returned, but hopefully there'll be some new ones in the future.

Oh I would love to see that.
    And definitely, but we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think that Richard Blackwoods character is the baby's dad ?
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam_1 wrote: »

No. It's Charlie's. She only kissed Vincent and slept with Charlie that night. I think Vincent is a face from the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sam_1 wrote: »

That would make everything so saucy XD. But no. But my mind is going crazy, I want to know their connection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that idea about Glenda but I agree it is a bit too chaotic atm. Maybe she will return at some point.
    I think Vincent is an ex. The next power couple of EE right. Although very brief I liked their scene last night. Great potential with this mysterious storyline.:cool:

I hope they won't bypass Ronnie and Mathew's bonding and first scenes for the sake of Roxy/Charlie secret. I couldn't care less about that. I just want to see Ronnie deal with motherhood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    typical that they spent all the interview with Sam, Declan and Rita about the stupid 'love triangle'. There shouldn't be a love triangle again! They showed a clip which suggests that Charlie does love Roxy. So disappointed. I hope Ronnie takes Matthew and moves in with Vincent already!!!! - At least he appears to love and care for Ronnie in just 2 scenes!!

The interview ignored anything about Ronnie and Vincent so they are keeping it hush hush. Wasn't too keen on Sam's new blunt hair but then I preferred her look in 2008/09. Its still my favourite 'Ronnie look'.

No idea when we next see Ronnie - she's not in next week at all - Sam and Steve back on panto break!

I hope the next time we see her shes not up and about and fine. I do want to see her struggle to make it realistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    typical that they spent all the interview with Sam, Declan and Rita about the stupid 'love triangle'. There shouldn't be a love triangle again! They showed a clip which suggests that Charlie does love Roxy. So disappointed. I hope Ronnie takes Matthew and moves in with Vincent already!!!! - At least he appears to love and care for Ronnie in just 2 scenes!!

The interview ignored anything about Ronnie and Vincent so they are keeping it hush hush. Wasn't too keen on Sam's new blunt hair but then I preferred her look in 2008/09. Its still my favourite 'Ronnie look'.

No idea when we next see Ronnie - she's not in next week at all - Sam and Steve back on panto break!

I hope the next time we see her shes not up and about and fine. I do want to see her struggle to make it realistic.

Haven't watched anything... Are you joking? I hate this so much, can we not complain? Why?????!!!! Why can't Ronnie be happy???

Exactly, I want her to be with Vincent if this is the case. But the way Vincent reacted to seeing Kim's baby says to me that he doesn't want a child in his life, so I doubt that he would take Matthew in.

I really hate DTC at the moment now...despite how good this week has been...
  • Options
    *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, guys(some of you guys will remember me) long time, no speak.

Well - what a week in many respects, just wanted to pop in and mention something..

I don't know if we can say we know what Vincent is. He obviously likes Ronnie or he wouldn't have kissed her. It definitely seems like he could be an ex from quite awhile ago. But then how does Phil know him too?

Vincent's dialogue made me wonder a few things though. He said to Ronnie that she 'owed him still', as if she has previously owed him something as well? And when he showed up in the square this week looking for Ronnie with the exact same type of flowers...was he just going to give them to her as a sign of affection or was it also meant to be some kind of reminder to her that she still owed him?

I am not saying he's out to get Ronnie or anything, it just made me wonder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Elle :cool:
    It's so good to have you back. :)
    It's about time this tread got going again.

I noticed that about Vincent too. It seems to be a really well guarded storyline as they are keeping it really quiet. It is also interesting according to the interview Richard gave that he appears to be an ambiguous character. It seems like he can be a pleasant and polite guy that can turn nasty too.
    He must have done something for Ronnie maybe out of love a long time ago. Can't wait to find out.
    I hope Vincent is not connected with Kim. I fear he will become boring if he turns out to be the baby's daddy and then have another love triangle with Kim and Ronnie.

I wasn't crazy about Sam's hair in the after show last night either, but I too liked her 2008/09 hairstyle most. She is gorge anyway.
    Very disappointed that all they spoke about was the love triangle (roll eyes) For me that's a non storyline. I can't imagine any viewer out there that would be interested in that story.
    For all I care Charlie can root in jail as I hear he
    gets arrested next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh FFS - still no Ronnie in early March looking at credits. Does this mean we will miss Ronnie meeting Matthew or are they convienently waiting 6 weeks before she meets her son?

If this was a Carter storyline they would never stop appearing - in fact all I see after the 30th is more Carter stories and duff duffs - enough already!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is frustrating. My worry is that they will focus on Roxy and Charlie betrayal; Ronnie probably already knowing but pretending she doesn't, until some tedious showdown. They will also build up Vincent and Ronnie's past and present connection and completely bypass Ronnie being a mum, meeting Mathew etc.
    Considering that EE appears to be mainly The Carter and bits on the side show, Ronnie and Mathew will probably have one obscure scene in one episode followed by 2 or 3 months of Ronnie off screen.
    I was really disappointed that Ronnie didn't feature at all in the EE 2015 trailer. The only thing remotely connected with her was a vomiting Roxy and Charlie scene talking about feelings. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Morning guys :)
    Just read on Sam's Twitter page that she's taking 3 weeks out to film for the new series of Mount Pleasant
    One half of me is happy that she's going to be in the new series but the other half of me just wants to see more of Ronnie!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keeksxoxo wrote: »
    Morning guys :)
    Just read on Sam's Twitter page that she's taking 3 weeks out to film for the new series of Mount Pleasant
    One half of me is happy that she's going to be in the new series but the other half of me just wants to see more of Ronnie!!

she must be leaving Mount Pleasant then because it takes more than 3 weeks to film the full run.

Surely this will be her last break from the show? :confused: Her character is too stop/start these days. I mean can Ronnie even talk and walk? Who knows? Because Sam is off screen again.

Even as a massive fan of Ronnie its starting to grate now. I guess this means more Roxy/Charlie time >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    she must be leaving Mount Pleasant then because it takes more than 3 weeks to film the full run.

Surely this will be her last break from the show? :confused: Her character is too stop/start these days. I mean can Ronnie even talk and walk? Who knows? Because Sam is off screen again.

Even as a massive fan of Ronnie its starting to grate now. I guess this means more Roxy/Charlie time >:(

I enjoyed Mount Pleasant last series, but I'd much rather see Ronnie! So hopefully this will be her last break for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I found this on another thread. I think that I may end up on another EastEnders hiatus if this actually happens...
    ALowsley wrote: »
    According to Soaplife preview, it says Roxy may be pregnant :o

No more pregnancies please. I'm tired of these baby plots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC - he really likes to recreate events doesn't he!

I do wonder if this is what leads Ronnie into her dark path - so its been delayed they just needed another betrayal to get it started.

Ronnie's recovery will just be like Carol's and Patrick's - unseen.

If she was named Ronnie Carter she would be in every episode!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed Mount Pleasant last series, but I'd much rather see Ronnie! So hopefully this will be her last break for a while.

I agree. I hope so. I would rather see Ronnie too!

As for the spoiler
    - Great! Roll eyes.
    Honestly what are DTC and his head writer thinking?
    This is even less important than Amy with Jack.
    No one cares whether Roxy has a baby as Ronnie now has her much wanted baby. I doubt Ronnie will be that devastated that Charlie has betrayed her either, now that she has her child.
    Maybe they will go for a dark path, but to be honest it is not going to be as believable for the reasons I mentioned; Mathew.
    I am getting fed up of lack of follow up on Ronnie’s recovery too, especially when we have some many repetitive scenes with the Carter aka Nancy asking Mick for the 100th time in the space of two episodes what happened to Dean and Mick giving her the same answer.
    What was the point of showing us that Ronnie has woken up in one episode and then have her disappear for weeks. It seems like everything is about Roxy/Charlie drivel.
    I might join you Nathalie on that EE hiatus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More *rap ahead

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a630952/eastenders-roxy-mitchell-and-charlie-cotton-face-up-to-betrayal.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~p5a7QJu7Vsa2rT
    When Aleks gets stuck at work, Roxy and Charlie finds themselves alone and unable to put off discussing the situation any longer.

As they finally start to talk about what happened, it becomes clear Roxy has feelings for Charlie, but they are soon interrupted by Aleks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lilirose wrote: »
    More *rap ahead

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a630952/eastenders-roxy-mitchell-and-charlie-cotton-face-up-to-betrayal.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~p5a7QJu7Vsa2rT
    When Aleks gets stuck at work, Roxy and Charlie finds themselves alone and unable to put off discussing the situation any longer.

As they finally start to talk about what happened, it becomes clear Roxy has feelings for Charlie, but they are soon interrupted by Aleks.

I am done. Let me know when Ronnie is on the cast list and I will come back XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've gotten behind with everything again.

But I am so confused. Vincent appears to be the father of baby Pearl AND also has connections with Ronnie?
    Will be interesting for sure to see how that plays out. I don't think Kim and Ronnie have shared a scene together?

And what the heck was the point of having Ronnie wake up only to keep her off screen for a few weeks. Crazy town!
    I do like the Carters, don't get me wrong, but yo! DTC! There are other characters in the show. The Beales are still playing second fiddle to the Carters even after Live Week I feel. I see there is more on the horizon for them, but it's not good enough IMO.

Have we seen Peggy and Phil leave? Christian also disappeared without goodbye right? :confused: