Options

One Born Every Minute Series 4

Comments

• Options
    sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm sorry to all you grandmas but I think childbirth should be between the mother and father only, if they are still around etc..the mother of the young girl seemed to be taking over and slightly possessive over the grand child. Couldn't get into tonight's episode really.
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm sorry to all you grandmas but I think childbirth should be between the mother and father only, if they are still around etc..the mother of the young girl seemed to be taking over and slightly possessive over the grand child. Couldn't get into tonight's episode really.

That will probably get some huffy replies!

I agree with you though :o

Mothers will take over if you let them! Mine was always prone to interfering :p
  • Options
    samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know if I ever had a kid, I certainly wouldn't want my mum at the birth!!!
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    I did laugh at the one who said "I'm gonna miss Made in Chelsea and Dickinson's Real Deal".
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a phone beside her. Why on earth can't people enjoy life experiences now without sharing them. :mad:
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcheese wrote: »
    I know if I ever had a kid, I certainly wouldn't want my mum at the birth!!!

My mum arrived at the hospital when I was in labour, and I wouldn't let her in the room!

In an ideal world, I would have preferred to be on my own with just the medical staff - it was bad enough the OH being there but I wouldn't have made him miss the birth of his children.
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter's made me solemnly promise I'll be there at the birth. Luckily she's only 9 and plenty of time to change her mind!

Evening Gilly- how is the divine Erica?
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'll answer seeing as I am a grandma who was at my granddaughter's birth!

My son has a high functioning autism, but finds it very hard to communicate with people other than close family members. I had taken them into hospital twice before during the labour but she had been sent home. On the third occasion I went in, and ended up staying all night! I didn't interfere at all, but was there to support them both, and it was an incredible experience :)
    Loon wrote: »
    My daughter's made me solemnly promise I'll be there at the birth. Luckily she's only 9 and plenty of time to change her mind!

Evening Gilly- how is the divine Erica?

Gorgeous thank you! She's almost 15 months and walking now :)

29fazk7.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member

As a grandma, i agree wholeheartedly! Why would grandma's want to be in there? Leave it to the couple! It's their time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone. Am a few minutes behind (MY baby wouldn't settle). This couple seem to expecting a 5 star hotel. And I feel so sorry for the Latvian lady. How awful, having no one with you to support you during the labour. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayBird78 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Am a few minutes behind (MY baby wouldn't settle). This couple seem to expecting a 5 star hotel. And I feel so sorry for the Latvian lady. How awful, having no one with you to support you during the labour. :(

How old is your baby? :)

I think that couple were expecting something more luxurious than an NHS hospital!
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a contrast between these two (though, that's probably deliberate). Sasha's a trooper, doing it all alone and hardly a peep. Then that couple want to give the rooms their seal of approval before going in. Doing my head in and nothings even happening!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillypanda wrote: »
    How old is your baby? :)

I think that couple were expecting something more luxurious than an NHS hospital!

My girl is 3 months old :) proper little beauty....just been really unsettled the last couple of nights.

Thought Sasha was amazing. I cried a bit...the thought of being on my own :cry:
    This couple are a nightmare...would love to see what the midwives said away from the cameras :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwww Sasha :cry::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    Awwww Sasha :cry::)

So glad they showed her with her mum at the end. Makes me feel better that she does have some support.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayBird78 wrote: »
    So glad they showed her with her mum at the end. Makes me feel better that she does have some support.

I couldn't believe her best friend wouldn't go in with her. I guess maybe she had her reasons, but I could never let my friends go through that on their own. The midwives were so kind to her. She seems very strong, but I was so sad for her! Hope she is happier now:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    I couldn't believe her best friend wouldn't go in with her. I guess maybe she had her reasons, but I could never let my friends go through that on their own. The midwives were so kind to her. She seems very strong, but I was so sad for her! Hope she is happier now:)

I agree. I could never let someone go through that alone. The midwives were lovely - but it's not the same as having someone you know there. I loved the story at the beginning about the taxi driver who stayed with the lady he drove to hospital. Amazing! I am sure Sasha will be very happy with baby Rupert. He was gorgeous :)
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Thought Sasha was amazing, to go through that on her own..just wow! Nice to see the bit on the end with her Mum too :)
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had my first child on my own, with just the nursing staff, but that was before it was fashionable to have a birthing partner - and would probably have been happy to have the other two on my own too, but the second one came very quickly so my husband had no choice but to be there and for the third the midwife insisted on calling my husband (who had been with me earlier but I had sent home as it was a long labour with nothing much happening) and by that time I couldn't have cared less if she had called an entire brass band to accompany me :D

I thought Sasha was great, her mixture of emotions was so real (this IS reality tv at its best) and loved seeing her with her Mum at the end. I too was a bit impatient with the other couple initially but, when you heard everything they had gone through, it was more understandable that he was so solicitous towards her and she wanted everything right and comfortable and they had a lovely birth, even though she ended up having a forceps delivery - she was very calm.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at the birth of my first Grandson Max just before Christmas, I wasn't sure at all when my daughter asked me if I would like to be there, but I stayed all the way through and it was an incredible experience...I don't feel I interfered at all and tried to give my daughter and her boyfriend plenty of time alone!
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=gillypanda;63627614

Gorgeous thank you! She's almost 15 months and walking now :)

29fazk7.jpg[/QUOTE]

Precious!

My first oooh i know you spot- the student midwife who carried Sasha's car seat in! Jenni. Used to work with her. Lovely lass.
  • Options
    kira neryskira nerys Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum and sister were with me for my first,although it wasn't really a concious decision that I made,more that I was only 16,my boyfriend and I hadn't been together that long,and we didn't really talk about it,but I had my sister because I couldn't have coped with my mum on my own!!.
    For our second,we had a homebirth and wanted it to be just us,but my mum made such a fuss that she had been there for the births of all her grandchildren and sulked so much,we just gave in for a quiet life!.
    This time,I'm older,much more assertive and when this little chap eventually decides to make his entrance,it will be just me and my husband,I told my mum straight that it was our time,our choice and that is what is happening,that I understood she would be disappointed,but she'd get over it!!,she took it better than I expected.
    My best friend would really like to be there,but I just dont feel comfortable with that.I was there for the birth of her last child,I didn't want to be,but she had lost her son to cot death and was so scared to be doing it again,I couldn't of said no,it was an amazing experience,made me cry!,and I will never forget it,but I can honestly say its not something I have any desire to repeat,I'd much rather be at my end!!
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight?

Did anyone see the nurses writing on the whiteboard "a woman is like a teabag..."
    I'm sure the older one of them had their retirement party in the last series... :confused:

On another point, I am enjoying today's episode though I wish they featured more couples like they used to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mexican/Columbian couple are so lovely, it must be very difficult being so far from home and family :(

And tears dripping from dad's face, always finishes me right off :cry:
  • Options
    kira neryskira nerys Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    The Mexican/Columbian couple are so lovely, it must be very difficult being so far from home and family :(

And tears dripping from dad's face, always finishes me right off :cry:

They were a lovely couple,and I thought tonights episode was much better than the previous ones,its nicer when the man isn't moaning,useless or just a general arse!!.
    My dh cried both times tonight,bless him.He wouldn't normally even watch with me,but as we are due this month,he has been,and he's cried more than me!
    I didn't with the first couple,although the husband was lovely,but when poor Dan lost it on the phone,it tipped me over:)