Leeds United Supporters Thread

Comments

• coshamcosham Posts: 5,875
    Forum Member
    Hope we do better this season,i want to go up automatically,not rely on play offs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Anybody ever heard of this team, got to admit i hadnt till i saw we were playing them on Saturday, less than 2,000 tickets so not excatly pulling them in, is it must be the name
    anyway, if anyone can transl;ate this here is a bit about them

http://www.fcvdendereh.be/

Off to the game later today, hopefully more than the usual practice match feel to it. Leeds really start to need fielding their first 11. Don`t know anything about the opposition.

Dissapointed at the signings [lack of] this summer. Still feel we are a creative midfielder light and a centre back. Telfer is the wrong road to go down for my money. Huntingdon is my preferred choice with Rui Marqes. The problem is a lack of height so he will possibly prefer Lubomir Mickalik even though he makes me bloody nervous !!

All in all, a few signings i am not familiar with that may just surprise us i hope. The lad Becchio was impressive in Ireland according to my mates who made the trip. Just needs match fitness. Snodgrass? Well, lets hope he is as promising as they claim, heard it all before and they flop.

We have a squad good enough to get us out of this league. I am praying this year is the start of the long march back to the premier league.

Come on Leeds. Marching On Together !!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Returned from the game today [4-1].

Not too confident on that showing. Denden FC were very average and although we created lots of chances, we also looked dodgy at the back again. They had chances that other teams would have taken.

Richardson had a mare of a game. The 2 centre backs, although both on the scoresheet looked disjointed on a couple of occasions.

Beckford scored again, but still has that disinterested look to his body shape at times. Unfortunately, Becchio was injured so did not get the chance to see how he and Beckford would team up together.

The lad Snodgrass looks promising but needs to be involved for more of the game. Robinson is a real threat. Looks like a great signing to me. Too many changes in the second half so hard to comment on performaces as the whole team performance dropped considerably.

Another pre-season win but not confident some of the problems of last season have sorted themselves out. I live in hope though, ever the optimist about promotion. Ask me at christmas if that is still the case !

Marching On Together !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't need much of a defence in League 1 (nor attack frankly). 91 points last year from a team playing shite football going forward and back?.

Offensively we should be better this time around. Becchio's twice the player Kandol is. Out wide Robinson, Snodgrass and Johnson piss all over Carole, Prutton and Sweeney. Howson just keeps on improving and I know Delph is only 17 but I hope he starts more games than Douglas because he's on another level.

They now know to play it on the floor and they should get us promoted. That's not optimistic, it's realistic.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Another season upon us, and the Police are already in action by putting todays ko back to 12 noon, i mean what history do Scunthope and Leeds have, apat from Allan sniffer slarke manging both sides , cant think of any other reason madness if you ask me :mad::mad:
    exepct more to follow no doubt
    team news

1Ankergren
    2 Frazer (C)
    3 Sheenen
    4 RUI
    5Hunts
    6 Howson
    7 Robbo
    8 Snodgrass
    9 Beckford
    10 Enoch
    11 Prutton
  • EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
    Is Andy Robinson on the bench? Or is he injured/not match fit?

By the way, good luck against Scunny today. :)
    Forum Member
    No starting line up is as above
    btw, am Really glad we missed out on Jay bothroyd, ,still look where he has gone :eek:
    Forum Member
    Welcome to our last season in the third division.(hopefully):D
    Forum Member
    3 points at a place, where i dont think many will win at this year , although, Becks was always gonna score today at some point, but havig said that its over 20 years since we lost on opening day of season , gonna be tough, but think we will be there or thereabouts
    ON AND ON
    Forum Member
    3 points at a place, where i dont think many will win at this year , although, Becks was always gonna score today at some point, but havig said that its over 20 years since we lost on opening day of season , gonna be tough, but think we will be there or thereabouts
    ON AND ON

Is it really 20 years since we lost the opening game,i knew it was a long time,but did not know it was that long.
    Forum Member
    Yep, it was at Newcastle in 89, we lost 2/5 after being 2/1 up at ht :eek:, and we won the League, and Newcastle stayed down ;)
    As for winning pre season games it means Nothing i mean we lost Every one last year, and then look what happened
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cracking start to the season. A good win away to a team who've just come from the Championship and they look good. We've make some brilliant signings; Snodgrass and Robinson are giving us the width we've been crying out for and Becchio is showing glimpses of promise!

The highly disputed acquisition also known as Big Enoch was my MOTM. Sterling performance.

It's good to be back!

MOT.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great start to the season :) Hopefully we'll go up this time round. I want automatic promotion. My nerves couldn't take anymore play-offs!!
  • smooth uksmooth uk Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    cosham wrote: »
    Is it really 20 years since we lost the opening game,i knew it was a long time,but did not know it was that long.

It was also the first ever time QPR won on the opening day of the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lancey_999 wrote: »
    Cracking start to the season. A good win away to a team who've just come from the Championship and they look good. We've make some brilliant signings; Snodgrass and Robinson are giving us the width we've been crying out for and Becchio is showing glimpses of promise!

The highly disputed acquisition also known as Big Enoch was my MOTM. Sterling performance.

It's good to be back!

MOT.

Did you go? Listening to Yorkshire Radio it was hard to think beyond young Snodgrass for MOTM. It's been a long, long time since we've heard a player of our's consistantly going past defenders nevermind producing venemous deliveries.

Enoch's arrival and pre-season performances had me seriously doubting Gmac and I didn't like it. Settled my nerves by convincing myself Kenneth had brought him here but the last two games have restored my faith. Hes not just another big donkey who's second touch is a tackle! good at linking up, strong and decent in the air he could prove a very shrewd buy indeed; the perfect foil for Beckford?.
    Forum Member
    deleted do not wish to hex things.
    Forum Member
    2-5 good win,hope we keep the momentum going.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to strike a pessimistic note but wasn't our defence hopeless against Chester? I hope it gets sorted before we play a decent side.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For sure. Sheehan and Ankergren are as good as they come at this level. Richardson is really quite bad but could be carried. Marques' regression since the relegation season from t'championship has been marked. Huntington is very young and none too wise; although potentially good enough for football at a higher level. I'm hoping our center backs will slowly forge an understanding the more they play together and luckily our offence will afford us the luxury of being patient.

Gmac won't rush out and buy. He's far too sensible for that and I trust he'll sort things.

If the decisions were mine though, Frazer would be shown the door. His one redeeming feature is enthusiasm for bombing forward but we clearly don't need it with the front six we have ATM. A combination of Telfer/Gardner/Hughes would be played at right back and I'd be looking to bring in a center back who's proven at Championship or League 1 level. Over 27yrs, captain material, consistent, preferrably British (for language).
  • deadwood dandeadwood dan Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with Oldham and Elland Road????
    Forum Member
    Every team has a bogy Team and ours is defintaly Oldham
    in the 89s when we beat most teams at ER, we always lost to Oldham, we did beat them 6/0 one year, but when we won the last 1st division title they took 3 points off us, and we beat them wityh a very lucky Goal at ER, at that, apart from a victory over them in the 87 play off semi final, cant remember any other victory against them.
    Not particually worried about today tho., but would li8ke to see Lubo, back with Huntingdon at cb,

btw what do people think of this true or cxrap ???

http://www.waccoe.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=135302v
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    btw what do people think of this true or cxrap ???

http://www.waccoe.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=135302v

Everton as been muted as a more likely new home for Smithy ?

He always said he would return one day , I just don't think the time is right for him just yet maybe he as one more move in him before he comes home .
    Forum Member
    This Cant be true can it
    From wikapedia

Snodgrass rejected a new contract with Livingston at the end of the 2007–08 season and signed for Leeds United on 24 July 2008 for an undisclosed fee based on compensation due to his age. Snodgrass so far has had a positive impact since joining Leeds, in his first pre season match, he claimed 2 assists whilst in his competitive debut against Scunthorpe, Snodgrass's freekick set up Enoch Showunmi. Snodgrass scored his first Leeds United goal againstChester City in the first round of the league cup, Snodgrass charged 60+ yards to cooly slot home a cross from the left. Later that game Snodgrass set up Andy Robinson for goal number 4 and Jermaine Beckford for goal number 5.[2]

On the 17th of August 2008 Robert Snodgrass signed for Fulham for an undisclosed fee.
  • deadwood dandeadwood dan Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the wheels are coming off already. Almost two on the spin. What is wrong?
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Cant be true can it
    From wikapedia

On the 17th of August 2008 Robert Snodgrass signed for Fulham for an undisclosed fee.

Well he played for 73 mins and was booked playing for LUFC today so its turned out to be typical Wiki carp