Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More I think about it, more I think there has to be some large numbered match on card, so many talented guys without matches potentially, perhaps as I think someone suggested a Ladder match for IC title?

While we all want Barrett to succeed he really has done nothing with the title and having a ladder matches with say Sheamus,Ziggler,Orton,Mark Henry in it would massively help the titles prestige and it wouldn't look like any one of them had fallen down the card considering the quality of company they would have in the match, could chuck Bo Dallas in if want an underdog in their to continue his mini feud with Barrett.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    If Undertaker doesn't wrestle, I think he will appear to close the show. Cena goes over Rock and then 'Taker makes an entrance for a staredown with him.

That is because it is same as last year. Rock/Cena will close close the show, with Cena going over in front of 70,000 fans in the notoriously smarky Tri-State area.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what the 'live' announcement will bring at 5:confused:
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    tso wrote: »
    Wonder what the 'live' announcement will bring at 5:confused:

Mania 30 at the Superdome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mania 30 at the Superdome.

is that it.good god:p
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    • Rock hit the ref off the apron - instant DQ, surely?
    • Punk GTS'ed him and the crowd almost counted to 20, no referee emerges to count
    • Both times Rock goes for the cover, the officials magically appear from nowhere

Plenty for Punk to moan about on Raw. I'd be content with Rock vs Punk vs Cena at Wrestlemania, maybe WWE have finally cottoned on to the fact nobody cares for Rock or Cena anymore. Although even if Punk is in the match, Cena will still win, so it'll still be crap.

How exactly can they cotton on to something that isn't true? On what planet does 'nobody' care about Rock or Cena? Strange.

Expected Henry to win the Chamber, but that was booked brilliantly. Henry comes out looking brilliant and they've got a new contender in Swagger. Swagger/Del Rio really could be a great feud leading into Mania. Somebody made the comparison to Guerrero/JBL. In all honesty, I'll happily take this as the World Title program. Something a little different and certainly something that it's safe to say NOBODY saw coming. It helps that they also made Del Rio look incredible yet again, the turn around for both him and Swagger is pretty brilliant and just goes to show you that when they can be bothered, they really can build and make a character look brilliant.

Punk has plenty of ammo coming out of the other title match too. Had Rock beaten clean too. I'm interested to see if Punk hitting Heyman by accident leads to anything (I.E Lesnar not taking it too well and Heyman having to come between the two. I can hope!).

Shield looked brilliant too and Rollins pinned Ryback clean. Overall a good night of booking really, not really anything to overly complain about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    How exactly can they cotton on to something that isn't true? On what planet does 'nobody' care about Rock or Cena? Strange.

Expected Henry to win the Chamber, but that was booked brilliantly. Henry comes out looking brilliant and they've got a new contender in Swagger. Swagger/Del Rio really could be a great feud leading into Mania. Somebody made the comparison to Guerrero/JBL. In all honesty, I'll happily take this as the World Title program. Something a little different and certainly something that it's safe to say NOBODY saw coming. It helps that they also made Del Rio look incredible yet again, the turn around for both him and Swagger is pretty brilliant and just goes to show you that when they can be bothered, they really can build and make a character look brilliant.

Punk has plenty of ammo coming out of the other title match too. Had Rock beaten clean too. I'm interested to see if Punk hitting Heyman by accident leads to anything (I.E Lesnar not taking it too well and Heyman having to come between the two. I can hope!).

Shield looked brilliant too and Rollins pinned Ryback clean. Overall a good night of booking really, not really anything to overly complain about.

I think some people saw it coming. Once Zeb Colter said stuff about crossing borders it kinda clicked with some people that Swagger was going to win and that it would be ADR vs Swagger. Still going nuts over that win. Great to see one of my favorites who was once a jobber getting put into a high caliber Mania match.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I think some people saw it coming. Once Zeb Colter said stuff about crossing borders it kinda clicked with some people that Swagger was going to win and that it would be ADR vs Swagger. Still going nuts over that win. Great to see one of my favorites who was once a jobber getting put into a high caliber Mania match.

I mean nobody saw it coming prior to all of that, during a period where Swagger went through the ridiculous losing streak and then pretty much disappeared. Around the same period Del Rio was becoming a slightly stale heel really. At that stage nobody would of ever expected we'd be getting Swagger/Del Rio as the World Title program leading into Mania. Fast forward a few months and the transformation is crazy. It was only the other month (and I laughed at it at the time and couldn't believe people believed it) that people were saying Sheamus/Orton was going to be the program leading into Mania (I'm still truly baffled why anybody ever believed that).
  • Options
    AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Swaggers new theme song is fantastic, very american having the fanfare and trumpet, and he is finally getting the push he deserves. Very happy for him. I see a fun feud between these two, and i expect most of the fun will come from Ricardo vs Zeb Coulter. I saw from wrestling forum a prediction that Zeb will get Ricardo deported. Brill call!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rock is in an okay position, i think. He is doing well, his work is good, but i just feel his 2003 hollywood character would be ideal right now, and it fits so perfectly.

He should be an arrogant, ego centric, larger than life cocky sunovagun who can spin out all the insults he wants to and destroy sacramento again, call people Jabronis, and be FUN again. Not that he isnt fun now, he is, 2i,but he can be FUNNER-RER if he is the 2003 hollywood heel Rock.

He can also call Ryback "a whisker biscuit bald headed bitch".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KingOli wrote: »
    More I think about it, more I think there has to be some large numbered match on card, so many talented guys without matches potentially, perhaps as I think someone suggested a Ladder match for IC title?

While we all want Barrett to succeed he really has done nothing with the title and having a ladder matches with say Sheamus,Ziggler,Orton,Mark Henry in it would massively help the titles prestige and it wouldn't look like any one of them had fallen down the card considering the quality of company they would have in the match, could chuck Bo Dallas in if want an underdog in their to continue his mini feud with Barrett.

Yeah, I mentioned this a few pages back, I think realistically we're looking at 6 standard matches with a couple of multiman matches. I shouldn't be shocked if this is the first year in ages that we don't get a women's bout, with the exception of AJ, I don't think anyone is over enough to warrant a place on the card.

I like the idea of an IC ladder match, maybe not with the likes of Sheamus and Ziggler but people the level of Miz and Kofi would be perfect for that spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tso wrote: »
    is that it.good god:p

Told ya! :D I should get an extra 2 points on the prediction contest for it. :p
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly the hottest crowd R-Truth's ever seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Told ya! :D I should get an extra 2 points on the prediction contest for it. :p

You should for at least not making me watch it:p
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    Hell No vs Shield at Mania?
    KingOli wrote: »
    Would make sense, Shield claim titles leading to Team Hell No implosion, would only leave Sheamus,Orton and Ziggler as big names not on the card.

Shield have to be involved in Mania now after giving them that victory last night

Really ought to be one hell of a RAW tonight, so many feuds need to be set into motion, since really we only have 2 matches set up for Mania(Rock vs Cena, Swagger vs Del Rio), ground work is somewhat set for IC and US title matches. The streak match,Lesnar's match,Ryback's match,The SHield's match,Punk if he doesn't face taker all need to start building.

Shield vs Team Hell No for the Tag Titles would make sense.

Orton was rumoured to be turning heel a while back so he can feud with Sheamus. Orton does need a revamp, but would probably take away from Ryback turning heel if both happened at the same time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    Jericho vs Ryback (heel) seems plausible.

Jericho vs Ziggler seems probable.

Its most likely one of those matches for Y2J.

I dont know after last night i wouldn't be surprised to see Orton vs Jericho and Sheamus vs Ryback at Mania!

I think Taker will compete and take on Punk even though it would be a bit of a worry to see Punk coming of a 434 day title reign with 3 successive losses to part timers on PPV!

As for Team Hell No vs The Shield how would that work would it be a handicap match or one of them will sit it out! I dont see it happening myself i think Bryan and Kane will square of against each other and knowing Vince Dr Shelby will be the ref!
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else think that Booker was going to bring out Shelton Benjamin last night? When he said Kofi I was pretty disappointed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that Booker was going to bring out Shelton Benjamin last night? When he said Kofi I was pretty disappointed!

Im always disappointed when Kofi comes out. Main event will never come calling for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im always disappointed when Kofi comes out. Main event will never come calling for him.

What's with us agreeing on so much lately! Ha.

Yep I feel the same, great athlete but BORING.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was hoping for Morrison. Once I saw Kofi, I went to make a sandwich and when I came back it was over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with us agreeing on so much lately! Ha.

Yep I feel the same, great athlete but BORING.

Yeah, you're just seeing sense, eventually :D

What do you think of my post re: The Rock 2003 heel.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite 'recent' Wrestlemania moment, if only for Heenan and Mean Gene on commentary

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xslgex_gimmick-battle-royal-wwe-wrestlemania-x-seven_sport#.USKDzmfsJ_Q
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you're just seeing sense, eventually :D

What do you think of my post re: The Rock 2003 heel.

Yeah, I agree with what you said about the rock. He's pretty boring now. But I can understand that he can't go heel or even semi heel at the moment.

It's just dawned on me that I think the rock is turning into hulk hogan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree with what you said about the rock. He's pretty boring now. But I can understand that he can't go heel or even semi heel at the moment.

What do you mean?
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you mean?

Seconded. I don't see how
This discussion has been closed.