World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    I really don't think it's time to start changing the Shield's act, they've only had 3 matches, all fantastic, they're all getting over without one member overshadowing another, which is a rare feat. Adding another member or starting a break up is way too premature.

Exactly. The Shield are a new act. They shouldn't even consider adding a fourth member/manager for ages. They're a ton of different scenarios you can do with them with the current setup. Explore them first before amending the group.
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    I can't stand ryder, his awful character, unimpressive moveset, annoying promos and the constant petulance that he shows for the push he for some reason believes he is entitled to. He should be grateful for a +5 year career touring the world and earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to have a very comfortable life, all of this in the leading wrestling promotion on this planet.

I'm surprised WWE still employ Ryder. They clearly don't rate him. They have enough goofy acts. You might as well release him and free up a slot on the main roster for a new nxt talent.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryder's constant wining and bitching is hilarious. You can imagine Vince etc. just laughing at him.

He isn't as good as he thinks he is. Glorified jobber.
    Forum Member
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm surprised WWE still employ Ryder. They clearly don't rate him. They have enough goofy acts. You might as well release him and free up a slot on the main roster for a new nxt talent.

They released a ton of merchandise based on him, which probably still sells significantly more than most of the roster. T-shirts, headbands, novelty wigs and several action figures etc. They won't release him until he has no heat left. As it is he could walk from WWE into TNA and prove quite popular.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howabout90 wrote: »
    I was in Liverpool yesterday and went to HMV. Got Bragging Rights 2010, Hell in a Cell 2010 & 2011, Over the Limit 2012, Night of Champions 2011 and Money in the Bank 2012 all on Blu Ray for £30. If there was not any discount it would of came to £100. Also picked up Night of Champions 2010 DVD for £1.99 from CeX and Judgement Day 2009 DVD for £1.99 from That's Entertainment. Good day I think :)

Is that one of the HMV stores which is closing soon?

Last time I went in the Birmingham HMV (Which isn't closing), I noticed there were far fewer WWE DVD's in stock. Hopefully there will be some bargains there next time I go.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Ryder's constant wining and bitching is hilarious. You can imagine Vince etc. just laughing at him.

He isn't as good as he thinks he is. Glorified jobber.

He is a right pain in the arse just because his youtube show got slightly popular. He's lower card food at best and will probably end up going to TNA

The way he attempts to claim WWE's move to social media is all down to him is laughable and to claim he 'changed the business' just makes him look a bit odd
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »

If it is, it's sure to be like the Trips and Steph ones and done by a PA/PR.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to watching the 6 man TLC match with the Shield. That was rather bloody fantastic, wasn't it?! They're by far my favourite thing in WWE right now. I'm hoping and praying they don't screw this up, cos they could be huge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Finally got round to watching the 6 man TLC match with the Shield. That was rather bloody fantastic, wasn't it?! They're by far my favourite thing in WWE right now. I'm hoping and praying they don't screw this up, cos they could be huge.

I'm pleasantly surprised they haven't dropped the ball with The Shield. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that one of the HMV stores which is closing soon?

Last time I went in the Birmingham HMV (Which isn't closing), I noticed there were far fewer WWE DVD's in stock. Hopefully there will be some bargains there next time I go.

The Liverpool HMV isn't closing. They didn't have any WWE DVD's in stock though, only Blu-Rays. I believe today is the last day of the HMV sale so I got very lucky.
    Forum Member
    jamespondo wrote: »
    They released a ton of merchandise based on him, which probably still sells significantly more than most of the roster. T-shirts, headbands, novelty wigs and several action figures etc. They won't release him until he has no heat left. As it is he could walk from WWE into TNA and prove quite popular.

I don't think he sells much now. WWE has completely killed the public towards him. Especially after the Wheelchair angle.

If he went to TNA, he wouldn't turn their business around.
    Forum Member
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    I can't stand ryder, his awful character, unimpressive moveset, annoying promos and the constant petulance that he shows for the push he for some reason believes he is entitled to. He should be grateful for a +5 year career touring the world and earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to have a very comfortable life, all of this in the leading wrestling promotion on this planet.

I have some sympathy for Ryder. At his peak he was more over than Sheamus, Del Rio and Ryback, probably collectively, without having to be shoved down peoples throats or booked like Superman. They completely buried him though, instead of developing on it. As written by PW Torch:

"He almost immediately lost his U.S. Title, was never afforded the opportunity to further develop his persona, was entrenched in a terrible feud with Kane and John Cena, and was the fall guy in his first WrestleMania match. Since then, he's become a jobber yet again... With a stale gimmick and no attention from Creative, Zack Ryder's 15 seconds of fame are apparently up."

It seems almost impossible to get anywhere in WWE thesedays unless you're a legend, or they book you really strongly or are so superb in the ring a burial is insuffice. Or a pure comedy character...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For tomorrow night's Old School Raw, Ted DiBiase, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes and Jim Duggan are all confirmed to appear. But who else do you predict or hope will appear?

For me, Undertaker, HBK, Stone Cold and Batista.
  • sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    He is a right pain in the arse just because his youtube show got slightly popular. He's lower card food at best and will probably end up going to TNA

The way he attempts to claim WWE's move to social media is all down to him is laughable and to claim he 'changed the business' just makes him look a bit odd

What he says is right. WWE didn't event mention twitter or have a youtube channel until after his success with both. Proving its uses.
    Forum Member
    For tomorrow night's Old School Raw, Ted DiBiase, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes and Jim Duggan are all confirmed to appear. But who else do you predict or hope will appear?

I'd like to see the much healthier Jake Roberts make a surprise return, only for CM Punk to confront him. Followed by The Undertaker's return. Even better if through the night he ran into the likes of Flair and Snuka, mocking them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Right to Censor. They could gloat about how they finally got what they wanted in PG WWE.:D

What's Virgil up to these days? He could accompany DiBiase to the ring. Appearances by some of the lesser known members of the attitude era roster would be nice to see. (Gangrel, Steve Blackman, Val Venis, The Headbangers to name a few)

I hope they have one of the old Raw entrance sets, hopefully the attitude era one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Ron Simmons will make an appearance. Can never go wrong with his catchphrase.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    What he says is right. WWE didn't event mention twitter or have a youtube channel until after his success with both. Proving its uses.

Yep, i think they used him as a trial, i think he overplays his part a little but that's his gimmick, i think he will and should turn heel at some point. It should be easy enough to do with his character.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the tag team division has died on it's arse again, how about having Ryder team up with Hawkings again...neither have done much in the last year
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to look in HMV next time I go to the Bullring. Any other WWE DVD's in the sale?

There was a John Cena one (Word Life) and I think No Way Out 2006.

Since we're on the subject, Silver Vision have some great deals on there website at the moment as well.
  • sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, i think they used him as a trial, i think he overplays his part a little but that's his gimmick, i think he will and should turn heel at some point. It should be easy enough to do with his character.

I think he has to turn. I think he's at the point of no return and needs a big change to his character. He can make the sort of turn Cena should have done a while back. He can say the fans (really meaning wwe) turned on him.
  • KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since the tag team division has died on it's arse again, how about having Ryder team up with Hawkings again...neither have done much in the last year

Team Hell No did wonders for the tag team belts but they carried them too long and there disfunction has just become a distraction from the belts, they should have been passed to Rhodes Scholars probably at Royal Rumble, no idea why Scholars were broken up though....
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    jamespondo wrote: »
    I'd like to see the much healthier Jake Roberts make a surprise return, only for CM Punk to confront him. Followed by The Undertaker's return. Even better if through the night he ran into the likes of Flair and Snuka, mocking them.

Would love for Jake Roberts to come back for one night. He is something he really deserves after turning his life around.

Should be a fun raw though tomorrow night, whoever turns up
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mean Gene is confirmed too. Tutti frutti time!

I'd like to see Todd Pettingill again, though he's probably busy with his radio show.

Although he's not well enough I'd guess I would love Heenan, only if to take the deserved long ovation from the tron stage
  • LeeleeSTARLeeleeSTAR Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Mean Gene is confirmed too. Tutti frutti time!

I'd like to see Todd Pettingill again, though he's probably busy with his radio show.

Although he's not well enough I'd guess I would love Heenan, only if to take the deserved long ovation from the tron stage

I think the theme to this old school raw seems to be more early 90s and late 80s. When's look at the announced stars and graphics being used. I'm pretty sure this was the emphasis of the last old school raw a few yrs ago too.
This discussion has been closed.