Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did it say on wrestle talk TV last week that challenge are going to should British wrestling again or did I dream that, looked on the website and can't see anything.

Your right, end of March I think it said, half 11 time I think. I'm assuming it's only going to be a half hour show as Wrestle Talk has been cut to half hour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your right, end of March I think it said, half 11 time I think. I'm assuming it's only going to be a half hour show as Wrestle Talk has been cut to half hour.

Cheers for that, should be fun
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's going to be 7'000 at Lockdown tonight, thats huge for TNA in the USA, 7'000 will be a new USA record for TNA which apparently could be beat the next night in Chicago at the live Impact! 2013 has started really well for TNA, I think fans are starting to get it and lose interest in WWE.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's going to be 7'000 at Lockdown tonight, thats huge for TNA in the USA, 7'000 will be a new USA record for TNA which apparently could be beat the next night in Chicago at the live Impact! 2013 has started really well for TNA, I think fans are starting to get it and lose interest in WWE.

I read TNA could of made it 10.000 for lockdown. Slamiversary is being held in a 7.000 seat arena this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read TNA could of made it 10.000 for lockdown. Slamiversary is being held in a 7.000 seat arena this year.

They could of made it 60,000 but they only sold 7,000 tickets and don't paper events anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could of made it 60,000 but they only sold 7,000 tickets and don't paper events anymore.

Sorry what I ment was 10.000 paid, I do wonder if TNA will take a leaf out of WWE and add a but to the total number.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry what I ment was 10.000 paid, I do wonder if TNA will take a leaf out of WWE and add a but to the total number.

I hope they don't, it's pointless, say it's a sellout and don't announce the attendance makes more sense then making up a number. Anyway it's meant to be a legit 7,000 tonight, I'm going to avoid this thread until Thursday now, last time some genius spoilt B.F.G, so enjoy Impact tonight and I'll see ya Thursday guys.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Still seems weird that D`lo is a main character in 2013.

From WrestlingObserver.com
    The only updated word we had on Bobby Roode today is that those in TNA were seeming confident he would be signed. Whether he will make it in for the show, we don't know and we haven't heard any confirmation he is there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Lockdown has broken all TNA records, it's TNA's biggest crowd ever, good news.
  • JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Doubt it, Raw has been doing higher ratings than last year with Rock as champion. San Antonio is a good market, the test will be the other tapings (Chicago is doing well, but it's another hotbed for wrestling). Good for TNA though (although I still wonder why in the hell they took a 70.000+ place for a show when they use only a sixth of them).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackFoley wrote: »
    Doubt it, Raw has been doing higher ratings than last year with Rock as champion. San Antonio is a good market, the test will be the other tapings (Chicago is doing well, but it's another hotbed for wrestling). Good for TNA though (although I still wonder why in the hell they took a 70.000+ place for a show when they use only a sixth of them).

Dixie said she wanted to do a show in San Antonio but WWE had exclusive deals with all the arenas, the only option was to book the Alamodome and curtain it off, makes sense and looks really good.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any more news on this is it a british wrestling show and will it be on ever week?
  • JackFoleyJackFoley Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixie said she wanted to do a show in San Antonio but WWE had exclusive deals with all the arenas, the only option was to book the Alamodome and curtain it off, makes sense and looks really good.

It doesn't look really good if you take a place that you can't possibly fill. It makes them look stupid. WWE has locked arenas in San Antonio and you only can run the Alamodome...don't run there! You spend a fortune in production and you don't get your money's worth. Take another 5-6.000 seat arena in El Paso, if you wanna run Texas so bad (and they ran Dallas last year, there's a plethora of places where they haven't been. They're gonna be in Boston for Slammiversary in a good sized arena, so the fact that they only could run the Alamodome is bullcrap, they could have gone anywhere else and they would have done a good result without renting a place that is gonna be difficult to make look good on tv (not impossible, but difficult, and TNA's tv production often leaves a lot to be desired).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JackFoley wrote: »
    It doesn't look really good if you take a place that you can't possibly fill. It makes them look stupid. WWE has locked arenas in San Antonio and you only can run the Alamodome...don't run there! You spend a fortune in production and you don't get your money's worth. Take another 5-6.000 seat arena in El Paso, if you wanna run Texas so bad (and they ran Dallas last year, there's a plethora of places where they haven't been. They're gonna be in Boston for Slammiversary in a good sized arena, so the fact that they only could run the Alamodome is bullcrap, they could have gone anywhere else and they would have done a good result without renting a place that is gonna be difficult to make look good on tv (not impossible, but difficult, and TNA's tv production often leaves a lot to be desired).

The Alomodome can be changed about to seat anything from 1.000 to 60.000 so it can compete with the other arenas in the area.Also you only pay for the size you want.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Still seems weird that D`lo is a main character in 2013.

From WrestlingObserver.com

Hey, I've always had a soft spot for D'Lo :). Got screwed over in WWE because of the Droz incident and never recovered, although it likely had a knock on effect on his performances too.

Some continuity there too, as he was the guy under the mask and makes sense for the gang to have somebody on the inside to let them into the Impact Zone.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the continuity aspect with D'Lo, but .. D'Lo ?. Meh. For Angle's reaction last week, it felt like it should have been "someone".
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the continuity aspect with D'Lo, but .. D'Lo ?. Meh. For Angle's reaction last week, it felt like it should have been "someone".

The big fuss at least from last night's impact isn't that he is a wrestler its the fact that the A&Es have infiltrated TNA management, someone they all trusted and liked and he has joined the enemy, thats what all the moans about terrible Betrayals came from.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    The big fuss at least from last night's impact isn't that he is a wrestler its the fact that the A&Es have infiltrated TNA management, someone they all trusted and liked and he has joined the enemy, thats what all the moans about terrible Betrayals came from.

That's fair enough and I get that, i really do, but it was still a bit "meh" from me. But, to be fair, that reaction is probably based partially on me remembering D'Lo from his WWF days as a bit "meh" and also the fact that my interest in wrestling in general has been in a steady decline for a good few years now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think D'Lo is Meh, wait for Lockdown, watched it last night and, well lets just say we all saw that coming 6 months ago!
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel9624 wrote: »
    If you think D'Lo is Meh, wait for Lockdown, watched it last night and, well lets just say we all saw that coming 6 months ago!
    Just horrible predictable booking, hated this angle because it went on far too damn long
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as HH gave that big speech about him being his Son-in-law and that he deserves the strap etc, you knew what was going to happen, awful over the top build up, makes it too obvious
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel9624 wrote: »
    As soon as HH gave that big speech about him being his Son-in-law and that he deserves the strap etc, you knew what was going to happen, awful over the top build up, makes it too obvious
    I do think it would of been better if Brooke turned as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure it would work with the whole team 3D reunion if she had turned too, what would have been awesome would be if Spike had come out wearing a mask and it was him that threw the hammer to Bully Ray!
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus... Who the hell writes this sh1t..?
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Predictable but it was well performed, "let that stupid bitch cry"! Bully Ray will be great in the role and fully deserves a title run.