Opinions on Wimbledon commentators

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah come on people, let's all make ourselves feel better by helping to get somebody fired.
    :) If someone cant do their job satisfactorily ( and the number of us who complain about Richardson and Castle is a lot) then they should be fired.

I feel strongly about Frew McMillan on Eurosport, but that's personal. (He was an odious, stuck up, rude snob who I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times :( ) but he shouldn't be fired. I grudgingly admit his commentaries aren't bad. I just don't want to listen to him.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah come on people, let's all make ourselves feel better by helping to get somebody fired.

Yeah let's do nothing and let him get away with his amateur interviews year after year which make the BBC look crap too. Let's apply your logic to all things in life and see how long society lasts with idiotic and incompetent people in jobs they should not be in :rolleyes:. It's ok though lets let them off as we wouldn't want them to lose their job :cry::cry::cry:.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mistake a few people on a tinpot forum as being representative of the vast majority of the nation. They are not.

If they listened to the buffoons on here the BBC wouldn't have a commentator left to employ as every one of them seems to attract vitriol from some.

Since you post on this 'tinpot' forum as well, I can only assume you are a 'buffoon' along with the rest of us? :eek:
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    Oh, thanks. Also, what is the hairdryer treatment?

Basically when Fergie was unhappy with a player's performance he would often yell at them in an attempt to get them to up their game either for the second half or the next match. I think it was Mark Hughes who said that after a blast from Fergie, your hair would end up behind your head, hence the 'hairdryer treatment'. The interviewer was basically asking if Ivan Lendl was going to shout at Andy after that performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since you post on this 'tinpot' forum as well, I can only assume you are a 'buffoon' along with the rest of us? :eek:

Hey, I aspire to be a hopeless as a 'buffoon'... I appear to be stuck on 'numpty' and haven't quite got the necessary village idiot badge to progress further :cool:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I aspire to be a hopeless as a 'buffoon'... I appear to be stuck on 'numpty' and haven't quite got the necessary village idiot badge to progress further :cool:

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah let's do nothing and let him get away with his amateur interviews year after year which make the BBC look crap too. Let's apply your logic to all things in life and see how long society lasts with idiotic and incompetent people in jobs they should not be in :rolleyes:. It's ok though lets let them off as we wouldn't want them to lose their job :cry::cry::cry:.

That's virtually all the MPs sacked then on the spot :cool:
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calling Gary Richardson!
    Calling Gary Richardson!
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castle is awful. I'm fine with the rest.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all those asking for Gary Richardson to be sacked - please note it is GARRY Richardson. See how easy it is to make a mistake ?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, is he the guy who does the crass radio 5 'unprepared' style interviews?
  • city fancity fan Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Another year has gone by. I would love to hear your comments on the Wimbledon commentators again this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    city fan wrote: »
    Another year has gone by. I would love to hear your comments on the Wimbledon commentators again this year.

A few new voices on the BBC this year too. Laura Robson and Marion Bartoli making their BBC debut i believe.

I know the BBC used Anabel Croft at Eastbourne, have they used her before ? Not sure.

I am guessing the pecking order is still

Castle
    Petchey
    The rest
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look how long the BBC allowed that old duffer, Maskell to pollute the airwaves ("Oh, I Say" was about the extent of his insight into matches) or Bill Threlfall so the idea they would bow to audience feedback and bin Castle for instance is a forlorn hope.

Virginia Wade is on my commentary shit-list as well. If she wasn`t already before the Billie-Jean doco last night on BBC4 she bloody would`ve been after. Neck like an elephant`s ball-sack as well.
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few new voices on the BBC this year too. Laura Robson and Marion Bartoli making their BBC debut i believe.

I know the BBC used Anabel Croft at Eastbourne, have they used her before ? Not sure.

Castle
    Petchey
    The rest

Is Petchey that high up at the BBC, It always seems to me he is lower down the Pecking order.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hallstar wrote: »
    Is Petchey that high up at the BBC, It always seems to me he is lower down the Pecking order.

Does the women's final every year plus at least one Murray game so i would certainly say number 2
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Annabel doing Wimbledon? She was perfect at Eastbourne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Petchey doing the Murray match with McEnroe and Henman
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Alison Mitchell today - is this her first year on TV?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Mills wrote: »
    I heard Alison Mitchell today - is this her first year on TV?

I do believe it is and she got a BBC2 game too
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

Castle
    Petchey
    The rest

Annabel is doing the Wimbledon live coverage on line and in the grounds with Game set and Mats. Far nicer than being stuck in a commentary box.

She seems quite a carpetbagger - Eurosport, Sky, the BBC and Wimbledon employ her. BT of course employ that other former British No 1 - but Annabel might try and muscle in there too.:D
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    spindiddly wrote: »
    Is Annabel doing Wimbledon? She was perfect at Eastbourne.

She's my favourite tennis commentator by far.
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Annabel is doing the Wimbledon live coverage on line and in the grounds with Game set and Mats. Far nicer than being stuck in a commentary box.

She seems quite a carpetbagger - Eurosport, Sky, the BBC and Wimbledon employ her. BT of course employ that other former British No 1 - but Annabel might try and muscle in there too.:D

Maybe so, for her, but for the viewer it means we're stuck with the usual inane bunch on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe so, for her, but for the viewer it means we're stuck with the usual inane bunch on TV.

That's a bit harsh, there are many good commentators on BBC Wimbledon coverage

Lindsay Davenport, Tracy Austin, Sam Smith, Simon Reed, Chris Bradnam, David Mercer, Nick Mullins, Barry Davies....the list goes on
    Forum Member
    That's a bit harsh, there are many good commentators on BBC Wimbledon coverage

Lindsay Davenport, Tracy Austin, Sam Smith, Simon Reed, Chris Bradnam, David Mercer, Nick Mullins, Barry Davies....the list goes on

Can't stand the sound of them. And Bradnam??? You must be joking. He's one of the absolute worst.