Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook saved my life the other night though because, if it wasn't for all my friends posting that it was snowing, I'd have not known and gone out naked and frozen to death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    The other day a FB friend of mine posted FIVE statuses about her sore throat between the hours of midnight -10am, including two sad face pictures. Every week she's incessantly complaining of being ill and wanting people to bring her soup etc.

It's a shame she doesn't realise if she stopped moping around, took some soluble paracetamol and made her own soup she'd feel much better!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chandlerp wrote: »
    Facebook saved my life the other night though because, if it wasn't for all my friends posting that it was snowing, I'd have not known and gone out naked and frozen to death.

:D:D
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    This is a brilliant 2 minute video showing exactly what is wrong with social media like Facebook, its quite amusing and I'm sure you all have someone on your feed like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVZYiJKl1Y
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a brilliant 2 minute video showing exactly what is wrong with social media like Facebook, its quite amusing and I'm sure you all have someone on your feed like this

Was interesting and I would have thought, fairly common circumstances.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'BEST NYE EVERRRR!!!' selfies, anyone?
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've avoided Facebook over the festive period as all I started seeing was Mothers posting photographs of their children's wrapped presents in some sort of competition over who could buy their child the most stuff. It was very tedious.

In regards to the most annoying Facebook poster...I have Immigrant obsessed, never got out of his village he grew up in, lorry driving loser who posts things such as:

'Newcastle came from an early goal by Kone down, to score again with Cisse and then Perez. Can't believe it, get in the fooker Newcastle till I die me'

After posting the week before that he hated Newcastle because they lost the derby, always tries to say what a true supporter he is despite not going to the matches because he can't afford it. Nobody mentions it to him, he just brings it up. He's like a news feed on Facebook of utter rubbish.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

Interesting and rather sad I think :(
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The women posting selfies in dresses that show a fair bit of cleavage!

(And you cant comment what you're thinking!)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=KJ44;76197152]Instead of bleating about FB on DS, how about removing these people from your FB? Of course you wouldn't get the attention then ...[/QUOTE]

:o Where's the fun in that :kitty:
  • bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've started my fbk recently, my question is why do so many people have 200-300 'friends'. If it's for networking only, say some people are good at organising parties/events, then I get it, but I can't see the point of all these people knowing your business. The few that I have friended, I messaged them for a chat first. I accepted a request and expected a message, but this person (last seen when I was (9yrs old) has not responded to my greetings on her wall, WTF does she want if not to talk?
    I have just worked out how to unfollow a relative, who is lovely but her 1000's of photos have stopped me being followed. What is the best thing to do, not follow people and just go to their page? I also joined a group, which I thought my utterances were just restricted to there, but was shocked when my conversations were plastered on my wall. Does that mean I have to put everything to private?

Confused, thanks
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    People who post basic questions which are easily answered by a very quick google. They just want attention.
  • bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you answering me? :)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    People who post basic questions which are easily answered by a very quick google. They just want attention.

This! One of the girls on my facebook is a "full time mummy" but i doubt that because shes constantly on fb all day long.

She has a computer but i think shes unaware of the internet beyond facebook. She moved from one area of town to another about 4 months ago but every bloody week we have "wot day do the green bins go out?"

Fgs! The same as the last 8 times you asked! This past few weeks its been "wot day do all the bins go out over xmas?" Why not read the attached notice that the bin men put on every bloody bin that clearly states the xmas and new year collection dates.

Shes also in the past done a few "what time is argos open?" "Whats the number for such and such school" "which dentists are there near here?"

Its just so stupid!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people you do wonder how they manage to even use a phone/tablet/computer let alone write basic English and half the time they don't use basic English properly either
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Omg yes! I have so many of these people!
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bozzimacoo wrote: »
    I've started my fbk recently, my question is why do so many people have 200-300 'friends'. If it's for networking only, say some people are good at organising parties/events, then I get it, but I can't see the point of all these people knowing your business. The few that I have friended, I messaged them for a chat first. I accepted a request and expected a message, but this person (last seen when I was (9yrs old) has not responded to my greetings on her wall, WTF does she want if not to talk?
    I have just worked out how to unfollow a relative, who is lovely but her 1000's of photos have stopped me being followed. What is the best thing to do, not follow people and just go to their page? I also joined a group, which I thought my utterances were just restricted to there, but was shocked when my conversations were plastered on my wall. Does that mean I have to put everything to private?

Confused, thanks

I only join "Closed Groups" where comments can be read just by the members of that group. "Open Groups" means everyone can read them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

"Anyone know the number for the taxi office" is the most popular one. Someone even went as far as to update their same status an hour later to say "thanks for nothing" when there was no response.

The other irritants are people who say "morning", "afternoon" and/or "evening", or anyone who uses the phrase "x more sleeps till giro day" or similar.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A while ago we were discussing people who put stupid "middle names" in their Facebook name along the lines of "Tom MENTAL Smith" or "Sarah Proudmammy Jones"..

Well I was just looking at a friends page, and noticed that she had got a comment with someone with the middle name "crazybiatch"... biatch please.
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Anything to do with Frozen.

Although........"lv ma little handsum man ldz!"
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    two from tonight, same person, been with him a cpl of months

So Tired. Carnt wait for a nice lie in with my babe on sunday

one hour later

Romantic weekend away nxt month with my babe
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bozzimacoo wrote: »

Confused, thanks

If the group you have joined is an "open group" it means that anyone can read it if they click on the group name or a friend of theirs posts/comments on it. If it is a "closed group" anything you post will show up on your own newsfeed, but can only be seen by other members of the group, in other words the public or any of your friends can't see it unless they are also members of the group. Hope this helps :)

As for the reason why people have so many friends God knows, they are either sad f*ckers who want to make themselves look popular or nosey f*ckers who like to snoop and lurk :D Either way, there is no way anyone can interact regularly with over 500 people, in some cases it's over 1000. If they are a public figure it's understandable but one person on my friend list has 1200 plus friends and regularly posts up about being lonely and not having any real friends :confused:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although........"lv ma little handsum man ldz!"

Just reading 'lil man' statuses is bad enough but a few weeks ago, I was out shopping and actually heard a mother calling her baby "my sexy little man". Heave.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding those with 100s if friends, I use Facebook to interact with actual friends and as the number is under 50 I get to see a lot of their status updates and comments. Those with 100s if friends only ever get to see a fraction of their friends' updates so don't really have a great deal of interaction.

I suppose having 100s of friends means you get far more likes on your posts, and if you needyour ego massaging then I see why friend collecting is appealing .
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen this little gem:
    Hope 2015 will be better and not full of two faced ********s who just want to pump and dump. You know who you are ya prick. #overit #timetogetarealman #maybeishouldturnlezbo

Charming girl.