Film 2015 guy on the right

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
Forum Member
✭✭
That film critic on the right...forgive me for not knowing his name, I've never wanted to to be frank...but I find him insufferable. Is there a reason he feels he has to speak so fast?
He never takes a breath. And that would be almost forgivable if it weren't for the fact he has that type of voice that can't project outwards, it's like it's trapped. So it makes it twice as hard to decipher what he's saying since his delivery is so torturous you end up not caring about what on earth he's saying.

He puts me off watching I seriously can't be the only one who can't bear him?
I feel a bit bad saying this I mean maybe he can't help it?

Comments

• rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think his name is Danny Leigh. I did not like him at first but I do not find him too bad. I am not a fan of Claudia Winkelmann, so I think his input constructs some more intelligent theory to the films that are released.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    I think the programme would be better if they booted off Claudia and asked Danny to present.
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That film critic on the right...forgive me for not knowing his name, I've never wanted to to be frank...but I find him insufferable. Is there a reason he feels he has to speak so fast?
    He never takes a breath. And that would be almost forgivable if it weren't for the fact he has that type of voice that can't project outwards, it's like it's trapped. So it makes it twice as hard to decipher what he's saying since his delivery is so torturous you end up not caring about what on earth he's saying.

He puts me off watching I seriously can't be the only one who can't bear him?
    I feel a bit bad saying this I mean maybe he can't help it?

I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

Sorry, I felt that only caps lock could best illustrate how bloody annoying I find him to be.

He blabbers on at about 500 words a minute using 10 words when 1 would do. Tried to watch Film 2015 last night, could only manage about 3 mins due to The Man Who Can't Shut Up.
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    He has to talk fast otherwise Claudia wouldn't let him get a word in edgeways.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    Strange complaints. Just pay attention and listen. Any slower, and it'd become Film 2016.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Gort wrote: »
    Strange complaints. Just pay attention and listen. Any slower, and it'd become Film 2016.

Harsh, but fair.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised people still watch it to be honest, who gives a fig about producers, actors, directors and their take on their new movie, I don't need an arsecrack to tell me what I should watch.

I hate the friggin cinema, way too expense especially here in London,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

Sorry, I felt that only caps lock could best illustrate how bloody annoying I find him to be.

He blabbers on at about 500 words a minute using 10 words when 1 would do. Tried to watch Film 2015 last night, could only manage about 3 mins due to The Man Who Can't Shut Up.

HAhaha SO glad I'm not the only one! :D:D And yes, The Man Who Can't Shut Up is apt indeed. He drives me bonkers.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP, he would be better off doing written reviews.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually feel bad making this thread. And it seems lots of people like him so I can respect that.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when the Film series used to just show a clip of a film and then Barry Norman, or later Jonathan Ross, would review it, now it's a studio approved package of clips and PR fluff followed by up to three people talking about it. I know Barry Norman has moved on but I'd like the show to go back to it's old format with a single host.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    snafu65 wrote: »
    I remember when the Film series used to just show a clip of a film and then Barry Norman, or later Jonathan Ross, would review it, now it's a studio approved package of clips and PR fluff followed by up to three people talking about it. I know Barry Norman has moved on but I'd like the show to go back to it's old format with a single host.

The clips were always studio approved, whoever's in the seat.
    The PR fluff/interviews, the Actors, Director, do their thing setting out what the character/story is supposed to be about.
    Claudia and reviewers then talk about the positives and negatives.
    Xan Brooks made some remark about the Beautiful hats the lead character wears being more powerful than WWI, which set Claude off giggling.

It's alright having a single host when their 'take' is similar to yours, when it isn't then it's useless unless you just want to catch the jokes.
    There's one reviewer out there who I can never seem to agree with, pointless reading his reviews.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see they've finished the show again. Skipping all Spring and Summer films. Seems to finish earlier every year. Why do they even bother?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they even bother?

I wish they wouldn't. Winkleman is a disgrace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    I wish they wouldn't. Winkleman is a disgrace.

Well Rossy is coming back to BBC 2 with a film documentary series , so maybe there is hope he'll get Film 2015 soon. It wouldn't surprise me if the Beeb want him back for good. Claudia can't do serious.
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonathan Ross was awful when he did it, rarely knew if he liked the film or not.

I quite like the current version, but YouTube now has many good reviewers out there, and many reviews come out from American reviewers before film is out in UK.

Jeremy Jahns is a a yank who flaps a bit too much for me, I like Stuckman the best.

Of course Kermode is very good, and he now uploads individual film reviews from the R5 show.
  • nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like it and think the combination of Claudia, Danny and a guest is really good. Just don't like the summer break
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvella wrote: »
    Just don't like the summer break

It's a lot more than a summer break

How many episodes are they making a year? 14?
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Danny works as an 18-30 holiday rep in Ibiza Rocks in the summer (?)
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The length of the break is ridiculous. BBC spend less money on the show each episode it seems and probably just want the show ended altogether.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure Rossy would be allowed to go back, given that his wife is a producer/writer, surely it would be a conflict of interests.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure Rossy would be allowed to go back, given that his wife is a producer/writer, surely it would be a conflict of interests.

Claudia's husband is a film producer.
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mustard99 wrote: »
    Claudia's husband is a film producer.

She declared that interest recently when a film her husband was involved in was reviewed. Ross is knowledgeable about film but he is too creepy for me. I don't like his chat show for the same reason.

I have no problems with Danny.