Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    ID, once again hopping along on his moral high horse with ".. if you continue I shall have to cut you off" to a caller he didn't agree with. Why anybody would bother to call him ! Not to mention his exchanges with Ben Kumar which are so perfunctory and unprofessional.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Ex buy to let Landlord now part time people savior 0' Bri just can't resist his daily dig at IDS -

Poor IDS. It is outrageous that a presenter should be allowed to criticize such a political giant. I mean, it's not as if any other LBC presenters have digs at politicians.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    So from asking Hattie Harman what animal she thought politicians resembled on Monday, Iain Dale now stoops to asking Ed Balls which restaurant he favours, Nandos or Harvester.

What a shame that Iain is going along with this pathetic trend for asking politicians trivial questions. He would probably say "lighten up its just a bit of fun" to which I would say no, it's just stupid.

Dale appears to go easy on his guest politicians. He seems to prefer cozying up to them rather than pursuing answers in depth. Perhaps, in view of his business interest of publishing political books, he is averse to alienating any of them. I am of this opinion and therefore think there is a conflict of interest in this regard.
    This week I heard him call a contributor an idiot because he criticized politicians in general. Dale can be a real charmer amongst LBC presenters if the mood takes him.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    thewilson wrote: »
    Poor IDS. It is outrageous that a presenter should be allowed to criticize such a political giant. I mean, it's not as if any other LBC presenters have digs at politicians.

Others probably do but they come across as adults. Conversely, our 10.00 am presenter could have more or less ghostwritten, "The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole." :)

I've noticed ID being tetchy towards callers lately.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Dale appears to go easy on his guest politicians. He seems to prefer cozying up to them rather than pursuing answers in depth. Perhaps, in view of his business interest of publishing political books, he is averse to alienating any of them. I am of this opinion and therefore think there is a conflict of interest in this regard.
    This week I heard him call a contributor an idiot because he criticized politicians in general. Dale can be a real charmer amongst LBC presenters if the mood takes him.

He had the dreadful Vicky Pryce on again last night. This time hauled on as a commentator on the Greek election.
    His company Biteback Publishing promote her a lot, they were pushing her appearance at a seminar in Harrogate before Christmas. She either knows something about Iain that we don't, or he has some sort of soft spot for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He had the dreadful Vicky Pryce on again last night. This time hauled on as a commentator on the Greek election.
    His company Biteback Publishing promote her a lot, they were pushing her appearance at a seminar in Harrogate before Christmas. She either knows something about Iain that we don't, or he has some sort of soft spot for her.

Although she is Greek and her review of the upcoming Greek election did seem balanced and objective
  • Options
    Mel O'DramaMel O'Drama Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Ex buy to let Landlord now part time people savior 0' Bri just can't resist his daily dig at IDS -

Good for James.... somebody needs to.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor IDS. It is outrageous that a presenter should be allowed to criticize such a political giant.I mean, it's not as if any other LBC presenters have digs at politicians.

....of course , but it is a fairly repetitive dig .

All it does is continuously remind of Bri losing his cool during 'that' interview where he sort of lost control .Just not a pleasant memory .

He needs to utilise a bit more imagination instead of regurgitating the same old stuff :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

ID is promoting his latest book, "The Politicos Guide to the 2015 General Election." Obviously he has 'interests' at stake. I don't know how that may/may not affect his interest of interviewing Vicky Pryce for instance. However she's classed as an economist which could be interpreted as pro right-wing.
    On that very note, finding politics so infinitely boring due to our current rulers/leaders parading as no more than high-class car salesmen...it's probably best I leave at that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is the purpose of Ben Kumar repeating, parrot fashion, what is already handled by the standard news package. He adds no value or insight to what we have already heard.
    Not much different to Buick and his twaddle.

Does anyone remember Dawn Traders ?
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was on PM on radio 4 today. Vile woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    callasda wrote: »
    What is the purpose of Ben Kumar repeating, parrot fashion, what is already handled by the standard news package. He adds no value or insight to what we have already heard.

BiB. He should have been shifted to Sainsbury's reduction bay before now.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member

She sells tights and intimate apparel on Bury Market doesn't she?
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was on about 5.30am in days gone by! I once knew a reporter on that programme and set a timer to record the programme while I was asleep!
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    Hilarious exposition of diabetes management from SA this morning. According to him it's perfectly ok to have sweet and sour sauce and flavoured yoghurts but "because of his diabetes" he can't eat lamb shank anymore. Seems he can still talk it though.
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murdoch stooge Ferrari still sticking up for his chums as the Sun in a phone hacking scandal. Remember when he told us that it wasn't really happening and that it was 'one bad apple'. Ferrari is completely disingenuous.

I wonder what Metropolitan elite, painfully middle class, useful idiot, politically correct clap trap Brian is going to pontificate pompously on today? When will this nonsense stop?
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting discussion on Ebola by NF this morning. He should be praising that the situation is under control. Maybe he wishes for a worldwide epidemic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Buick is a freeloader who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. He is an apologist for the disgraceful actions of his banker friends and always trots out the 'if we don't pay them they will go elsewhere' line. I wish Buick would go elsewhere. An odious toad of a man in my opinion. When he says "morning Guv'nor" to Ferrari I want to vomit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Moth wrote: »
    Hilarious exposition of diabetes management from SA this morning. According to him it's perfectly ok to have sweet and sour sauce and flavoured yoghurts but "because of his diabetes" he can't eat lamb shank anymore. Seems he can still talk it though.

I woke to hear him banging on about lamb shanks, sweet and sour chicken, McRibs and going 'to toilet' all night. Cherry Yoghurts and prosecco were also in there somewhere.... and caravans. Nothing changes does it?

Missed the bit about why lamb shanks are a no go zone now..... it can't be the sugar content.
    :confused:
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I woke to hear him banging on about lamb shanks, sweet and sour chicken, McRibs and going 'to toilet' all night. Cherry Yoghurts and prosecco were also in there somewhere.... and caravans. Nothing changes does it?

Missed the bit about why lamb shanks are a no go zone now..... it can't be the sugar content.
    :confused:

I think he's said that he could be allergic to lamb; it makes him queasy! He going out to lunch today and thinks he might try lobster. He's fixated about whether or not he'd like it. I wish he'd bloody try it and it then we can all rest easy!

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's said that he could be allergic to lamb; it makes him queasy! He going out to lunch today and thinks he might try lobster. He's fixated about whether or not he'd like it. I wish he'd bloody try it and it then we can all rest easy!

Morning all. :)

My son is allergic to lamb.... it gives him a very upset stomach.... SA has been eating shanks for ages, you'd think he'd know by now!

As for the lobster........ will he be brave enough, will it look him in the eye? will he faint when they break it apart? Who knows....... listen out for the next exciting installment of Lobster - the Lunch! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10.12 am Friday Jan 23rd - Brian admits to being pompous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10.25 am Friday Jan 23rd - Brian tells us he went to the right public school.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petrie in for SF 1-4pm.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week I heard him call a contributor an idiot because he criticized politicians in general.

I heard the call. The caller said all politicians were corrupt. I expect if ID had let him continue we would have heard that all Muslims were terrorists.
This discussion has been closed.