World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume that match will end in a screwy finish, leading to a rematch at Mania.
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a mate who works for Sky, in Osterley and he said they have recieved a lot of calls from customers asking for a refund for the rumble as they showed it on Raw last night!

Well I'm sure Sky will tell them tough luck and quite rightly.

Anyway Sky does the same thing with its PPV boxing. On the Wednesday or Thursday after a Box Office boxing event, Sky will show a 'Boxing Special' on Sky Sports where they will show the main bout in full (and highlights of the undercard). This was the same as Raw last night. Do you think Sky would give some a refund because the boxing event someone paid for was shown (in highlight form) a couple of days after.

Anyway I don't expect Sky & WWE to fall out over this as the WWE will simply point out that either they filled the episode of Raw with Rumble highlights or there would have been no episode of Raw at all.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume that match will end in a screwy finish, leading to a rematch at Mania.

one would imagine, with his first pinfall or tap out loss coming at mania to captain america.

oh man wwe...
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea I dont see they have a leg to stand on

Both matches was shown with adverts during them?

There was other matches on the card that have not been shown as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    one would imagine, with his first pinfall or tap out loss coming at mania to captain america.

oh man wwe...

If they really must have Cena be the first to cleanly beat Rusev at Mania, it's a shame they can't let Rusev beat him cleanly at Fast Lane.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    When Randy comes back, can we please have this version.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    was walking about new york yesterday, holy shit the place was so deserted, only just last week back home in glasgow got hit with snow and there was folk sliding about on sledges and making snowmen, here there's none of that.

oh well it looks like me and the mrs will be in this hotel room for a bit longer, may as well watch total divas on the network^_^
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was walking about new york yesterday, holy shit the place was so deserted, only just last week back home in glasgow got hit with snow and there was folk sliding about on sledges and making snowmen, here there's none of that.

oh well it looks like me and the mrs will be in this hotel room for a bit longer, may as well watch total divas on the network^_^

I take it the staff at your hotel are working then?
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    The big worry now is that Heyman and Brock end up getting cheered from now til Mania, though Paul will give it his best shot to put heat on the match.
    I would think the big worry is that WrestleMania is going to go off the air in the exact same way The Royal Rumble did with the crowd shitting all over the crowning of Roman Reigns.
    Because God forbid WrestleMania didn't have at least one rematch on the card.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    I would think the big worry is that WrestleMania is going to go off the air in the exact same way The Royal Rumble did with the crowd shitting all over the crowning of Roman Reigns.

Well yes, but one leads on to the other.

Well Mania should really be the place to blow off feuds. I hate that so much of the post-Mania period is just rematches with gimmicks. Maybe they'll do it the opposite way around and end this Cena thing at Mania with a gimmick match.
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Well Mania should really be the place to blow off feuds. I hate that so much of the post-Mania period is just rematches with gimmicks. Maybe they'll do it the opposite way around and end this Cena thing at Mania with a gimmick match.
    Radical suggestion they could try not doing rematches at WrestleMania or directly after it either. WrestleMania can be the end point of feuds if they simply treat it that way again.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh blowoff matches to fueds for sure

just cena beating rusev isnt something i want to watch
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Lords of Pain:
    - Sheamus was not backstage at the WWE Royal Rumble on Sunday and it was another creative decision that has delayed his return.

We noted during WrestleMania XXX season last year that WWE had plans for Sheamus to face Daniel Bryan in New Orleans. Plans were changed when CM Punk left the company and Bryan ended up being pushed to the WrestleMania main event instead.

Word coming out of the Royal Rumble this week is that plans for Sheamus vs. Bryan III at WrestleMania are back on for this year's event in Santa Clara. The two wrestled to a No Contest in a Lumberjack Match at WrestleMania 27 and then Sheamus defeated Bryan in 18 seconds to win the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 28.

Plans still call for Sheamus to return as a heel and it looks like he could be getting involved with Bryan upon returning.

Source: PWInsider
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backstage_News_on_Possible_WrestleMania_31_Plans_for_Daniel_Bryan_Sheamus_Return_Update.html#0dlAMFjoubywJPFp.99
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radical suggestion they could try not doing rematches at WrestleMania or directly after it either. WrestleMania can be the end point of feuds if they simply treat it that way again.

Oh, I agree totally. Mania should be the most anticipated event of the year and that won't happen if it's a pile of matches we've seen before, unless it's a mega rematch like Rock vs Austin. Perhaps this suggests that they are unsure about running this all the way til Mania.
    whedon247 wrote: »
    oh blowoff matches to fueds for sure

just cena beating rusev isnt something i want to watch

If Cena vs Rusev goes to Mania, WWE should have the balls to put Rusev over and build him up to be the top heel over the summer.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    I take it the staff at your hotel are working then?

they've been accommodated, in the hotel they have a bar, of course the bar being shut off but the area was made for a dining area which i thought was nice. burgers, fries and pizza was the choice of foods.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Americans are nice.

Hey buddy you want some bubble gum?

Did you get your new teeth yet? That's usually what happens when you pass the TSA. You get your Garth Brooks CD your new teeth and welcome to America buddy.:)
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a mate who works for Sky, in Osterley and he said they have recieved a lot of calls from customers asking for a refund for the rumble as they showed it on Raw last night!

Serves them right for not watching it on the Network. I'm not normally supportive of Sky, but I'd say they were right to tell refund demanders to get on their bike.
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Americans are nice.

Hey buddy you want some bubble gum?

Did you get your new teeth yet? That's usually what happens when you pass the TSA. You get your Garth Brooks CD your new teeth and welcome to America buddy.:)

Are you capable of talking about any foreign nations without resorting to tired stereotypes?
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Only just caught up with this thread and the Rumble due to work so won't go over everything that has been said but my God like everyone has said, did they really not learn ANYTHING at all from last year.

You have Ziggler and Bryan both who are very hot right now with crowd lasting a combined 12 minutes, they don't have to win but to eliminate both so quick was such stupid booking. As for the booking for the Rumble in general, who the hell actually thought it would be good? It made no bloody sense some of it.

Why waste the number 26 entrant (Titus) as a instant elimination. Why, why!!!! Also why have the Big Show and Kane in the final 3, both can hardly move any more and most people really could not care less for either of them. The crowd would of been a lot more hotter if it was say Bryan, Reigns, Ziggler and Ambrose in the last 4. At least you could try to imagine anyone but Reigns winning. As soon a Bryan went out right near the start everyone then knew Reigns would win...great writing that.

Poor Rusev, he will now face the same treatment Wyatt did last year, being built up all year as a mega heel only to lose to Cena no doubt at Mania. Was always going to happen though.

As for Bryan, I know some on here love him and others not so much, the way I see it, yes he had his ultimate dream come true last year by winning the main event but he should still be in the chase for the championship in some way, he only lost it due to injury. Just think it is bullshit to stick him in some mid tier mania match with Sheamus which looks to be what they want.

The triple threat match was awesome, well done to all involved, Lesnar is just a freaking beast. Rollins though was the stand out star for me, he has everything needed to be a top star now, reminds me a lot like Punk was in his early years in the WWE.

If Vince had any sense (which he clearly has not) Rollins is the one who should headline Mania yet we get Reigns and his spear that will beat Lesnar to win the belt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's a mistake having Cena face Rusev at Fast Lane. It should be saved for Mania.

Ideally, Rusev should win, but considering they booked Cena to beat Wyatt last year when the win would have been much better for Wyatt, I don't have much hope of a Rusev victory.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly are we going to get out of a Bryan/Sheamus feud?
    There's no story or reasoning to it. It'd just be more farcical booking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly are we going to get out of a Bryan/Sheamus feud?
    There's no story or reasoning to it. It'd just be more farcical booking

No idea. Revenge for the 20 second match that is of no relevance any more anyway? They'll probably only get 10 minutes as well. It's just a watered down version of what Brock vs Bryan could have been.
  • rc999rc999 Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    The worst thing about the rumoured/teased matches for Mania is that there is absolutely nowhere for the likes of Ziggler or indeed Ambrose now to go. They are just into Mid card/Lower card obscurity.

If you consider the possibility of:

Lesnar v Reigns
    Cena v Rusev
    Taker v Wyatt
    HHH v Sting
    Orton v Rollins
    Bryan v (Has to fight someone - Maybe heel Sheamus)

That is pretty much your card. Throw in the obligatory Divas match, the tag team championship and all you have left is the battle royal.

Maybe we get one of Miz v Mizdow, Rhodes v Goldust on the pre-show but thats about it.

Two matches with semi retired guys which will inevitably take up an hour between them is just too much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why didn't WWE postpone the return of Daniel Bryan until after the Rumble? It would have been easy enough to do, just have him say in a promo that his recovery is going well and he will return in February.

Have him face Kane at Fast Lane to get it out of the way and let him move on to a new feud for Mania.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see Dolph Ziggler offer Daniel Bryan a match at Wrestlemania

@HEELZiggler: Yo DB, was pulling for you, brother.
    but if you really want to steal the show #Wrestlemania Im right here
    & way angrier
    #RAW
This discussion has been closed.