Why isn't Hopkins having a go at the PM as he apparently claimed Disability Benefits.

124»

Comments

• TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I doubt if residential care would be so expensive.

Well if it's anything like elderly care between £25,000 - £35,000k a year locally.

More if you need medical care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    EQUOTE=reader123;76688725]http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cbb-viewers-say-david-cameron-5052146

The hypocrisy of some of the right wing who complain is astounding. Why doesn't Hopkins go on TV or social media to complain about him claiming it as well.[/QUOTE]

because he's not on the show..and KP is. Simple really.
  • JackieDVDJackieDVD Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reader123 wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cbb-viewers-say-david-cameron-5052146

The hypocrisy of some of the right wing who complain is astounding. Why doesn't Hopkins go on TV or social media to complain about him claiming it as well.

Corporations making billions get far more government subsidies and hand outs than any member of the public claiming benefits or whatever, and that's not to mention the tax avoidance on any profits. But I'd guess she'd never speak out about this system of public subsidy and private profit for the ruling elite. Only the powerless get attacked to distract from the behaviour of the powerful, and she's a servant of that system.
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is the adult day centres are only for those who have high functioning learning disabilities. After 18 there is nothing for those with severe learning disabilities. None of the local facilities can cope or cater to them.
    keep fighting & dont let them fob you off. my son has severe learning disabilities (autistic & mentally handicapped functioning as a fully dependent toddler) and he attends daycentre with 1 to 1 support paid for by health due to his unpredictable behaviour.
  • reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    keep fighting & dont let them fob you off. my son has severe learning disabilities (autistic & mentally handicapped functioning as a fully dependent toddler) and he attends daycentre with 1 to 1 support paid for by health due to his unpredictable behaviour.

I am glad your son is getting the help and care he needs and deserves but it is terrible that people have to fight to get the help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the link. I do feel sorry that he has to travel 3 hours a day to get to the special school. It would be a long journey for any child let alone a disabled child.
    I was never over keen on KP, but I wish her all the best.
    he may enjoy it, my son loves going in the car & i'm guessing his long schoolrun was the best part of his day! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    This isn't a fair society.

My son who is physically and mentally handicapped from birth had all the care, respite & schooling he needed for FREE .... Then as soon as my son reached the age of 18 all his free treatments, respite, prescriptions was taken away from him.

So unless you're under the age of 18 or over the age of 70 you are thrown on the society's scrap heap.
    my sons respite was still free until he reached 21 & now after a financial assessment he has to pay £10 per night. postcode lottery? :confused: prescriptions definitely are because ours are free in wales
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am glad your son is getting the help and care he needs and deserves but it is terrible that people have to fight to get the help.
    its disgusting! as if we dont have enough on our plates caring 24/7 for our kids, we also have to fight the system tooth & nail to get what our kids deserve. but i still wholeheartedly believe kp has every right to use the LEA provided transport for harvey because shes one of those parents too, she pays her taxes and hefty taxes too so if she were to be driven to opt out (by moving abroad etc) because she wasnt able to claim back some of what shes paid in she'd be denying other children the benefit of her taxes whose parents dont contribute a penny. people are being so short-sighted over this. :confused:
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one who is a multi millionaire shouldn't be claiming ANY benefit from the government
  • jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jp761 wrote: »
    Now if anyone wants to say Katie H is a dick head for not thinking Katie P should have that benefit , then well i doubt there's to many who dispute that one :D

Am sure many don't dispute it but here is an interesting article that says Katie P has it easier than others:
    http://www.downssideup.com/2013/11/are-you-lazy-ignorant-carer.html

Quote:
    But Katie has put herself forward as a spokesperson for parents of children with disabilities. This is a tight-knit group and we all watch each other's backs. Regardless of our backgrounds and our child's disabilities we are all understanding of the hardships, the uphill struggles, the fights for support, the lack of respite, the exhaustion, the worry, the medical appointments and procedures... We may not all experience them the same, but we can relate to one another... or can we Katie?

In a shocking interview with Radio 5, described here by BBC Ouch Disability, Katie claims that there is plenty of support for parents out there, but most are 'too lazy' or 'ignorant' to know where to look or to fill in the forms in order to get it. Ouch indeed. And a blow from one of our own.
  • SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Well if it's anything like elderly care between £25,000 - £35,000k a year locally.

More if you need medical care.
    A care package for a severely disabled child with medical needs is between £150,000 and £200,000 p.a. more if they need 2:1 or 24hr waking care.
    Live in medical care is upward of £100,000.
    Foster care for severely disabled children is £600+ per week. It's often joint funded by nhs and the child's local authority. So as I said she's one of an army of carers who are saving the tax payers a fortune.
  • SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one who is a multi millionaire shouldn't be claiming ANY benefit from the government
    It's his entitlement and she's a taxpayer.