Options

Why don't the singing

Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Acts just go on X factor ? That show is geared up to helping them. Never understood why they don't .

Comments

• Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing some of them have auditioned and don't get through. The first round of auditions for X Factor involves singing to one of the show's producers in a booth, with a huge queue waiting behind you, and where they often stop you after about 10 seconds. Not many (in comparison to the number who audition) get through, or get to show off what they can do. In comparison,everyone at the first round of BGT auditions (assuming they still do it the same way they did for series 2) gets to perform their act, and gets videoed so that the producers can then watch them all back and choose from that who to put through to the judges rounds. Much better chance of them seeing what you can do.

Also, X Factor has the theme weeks where most of the acts are pretty much forced to sing songs that aren't their style, week after week. Some people don't want to have to do that. They'd rather have the one semi-final and maybe the final, selecting their own song (if the producers let them...) and having more opportunity to be themselves.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    I suppose the logical and strategic answer would be that Britains got talent only has like 2 rounds you have to get through before you're in the final.

Why would you go through all the months of XF when you can get through BGT in about half the time without 80% of the effort.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you go through all the months of XF when you can get through BGT in about half the time without 80% of the effort.

Yep, that's what I always say when this subject comes up. In addition, you can do your own thing on BGT (including, it would seem, singing the same song for every performance!) , whereas The X Factor would have you doing themed weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    The X Factor has a lot more singers (obviously). They might think it's much easier to get further on a programme where they'll only be competing against a few singers rather than one where they know they'll be competing against a lot more and the quality of singers should be much higher because that's what the whole show is about. That's what I've always thought anyway.