Options

EE to release 12 alibi videos tonight

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    These are brilliant, they should have released them one at a time every couple of weeks or so and used them as TV trailers.

I've said all along that my gut is telling me Denise, and I didn't know why. In her video, they're suggesting Lucy may have found out about her wanting to leave Ian.

I also thought it was Nick for a while, but I keep remembering DTC's comments saying the person who did it doesn't necessarily know, which implies it's some kind of accident.

I think it's becoming more and more likely that Lucy collapsed, alone on the Common and died there, a result of a previous run-in, perhaps with a mugger (who stole her phone and purse) or with someone else that she had an argument with, which means the death wasn't malicious, and rules out most of the cast.

For it to be the sad reveal that DTC has implied, it really has to be one of the Beale's. The saddest of them all would be if some action of Ian's was what killed her.

We know he was in a car (kerb-crawling) on the night, what if he hit her with his car, thought it was some animal of some kind and drove on?

I've rambled a bit here, but I'm becoming more convinced that it's either Lauren, Peter, Ian or Denise.

:o:o:o omg, what if you are right?!? that would make his grief (which has been superb btw and a little ott at times) even more spot on.............
  • Options
    mooblymoobly Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I like the Ian kerb crawling theory. ;-)

But have suspected Peter from the beginning. After watching the videos I could be persuaded that Lola was involved to....... but is that what they want us to think?
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    :o:o:o omg, what if you are right?!? that would make his grief (which has been superb btw and a little ott at times) even more spot on.............

What is it was Ian though...Phil Mitchell would have a field day :D

The videos themselves are quite chilling, the Dean & Les ones especially. :o
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think two people were involved without realising it.

I think her actual killer has no idea they did it and I reckon the person who staged the mugging thinks they are protecting someone else.

So I'm starting to think Abi was involved but not the killer. I think Abi found Lucy dead, panicked thinking Max did it and staged a mugging. This would explain her behaviour being so bizarre over these past few months and Abi was the only character who seemed on edge the day after Lucy's death. She is hiding something.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Just watching those vids now. Dang they're good. Charlie's and Les's I'd say are more to do with whatever scam Charlie/Nick is pulling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think two people were involved without realising it.

I think her actual killer has no idea they did it and I reckon the person who staged the mugging thinks they are protecting someone else.

So I'm starting to think Abi was involved but not the killer. I think Abi found Lucy dead, panicked thinking Max did it and staged a mugging. This would explain her behaviour being so bizarre over these past few months and Abi was the only character who seemed on edge the day after Lucy's death. She is hiding something.

I like your theory. I think if Abi was involved in the covering up for Max (or thinking she was) Jay was too. Years ago Jay mugged Lucy and knocked her out and took her phone. Now Lucy is dead and her phone is gone. I think Abi panicked and asked Jay to help and he tried to make the crime scene look like the mugging he got away with years ago.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »
    I like your theory. I think if Abi was involved in the covering up for Max (or thinking she was) Jay was too. Years ago Jay mugged Lucy and knocked her out and took her phone. Now Lucy is dead and her phone is gone. I think Abi panicked and asked Jay to help and he tried to make the crime scene look like the mugging he got away with years ago.

Yeah. I think Abi has to fit in somewhere and as the police said the staged mugging was done by an amateur. I think Charlie is right when he says show him more respect. If he killed Lucy her body would probably have never been found. Look at the poor sod he had cremated just to hide the Nick secret!

I'm thinking Jay also did indeed bury the phone and purse.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Great videos there.

I think it's Abi.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Lola looks suspicious.

I thought that too. She is clearly REALLY on edge, which implies she knows more than she is saying. Also Abi seems shifty.

It might be neither of these are the actual murderer, but each think they have guesssed who the murderer is, and are both trying not to give their suspicions away.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its Ben.

Its ALWAYS Ben :D
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I'm leaning more towards it being someone who basically had no control over it. Who has then repressed it because they cannot deal with what they did, and one of their relatives/someone who loves them finding out and covering up for them.

If someone had visited Lucy at the flat, for a perfectly innocent reason, and she had been off her head on cocaine, she could have been irrational and confrontational and backed them into a corner where they had no choice but to push her away, leading to her striking her head. They could have then phoned someone and told them what happened before blacking out and not remembering anything about the night.

One of the Carter kids - Nancy, Lee or Johnny - would fit this scenario perfectly, with Mick the one to cover it up.

I still think the 'killer' is someone who has no genuine memory of doing it, which basically discounts everyone acting suspiciously at the moment.

Other than that, I still think the Ronnie/Charlie scenario is the best one I've heard.

I honestly would not be surprised if it was Lee and Mick helped him cover it up. Mick was missing for a while during the episode where Lucy died - we probably weren't supposed to pay much attention to it but Linda did ask if anybody had seen him. I instantly thought that was suspicious.

I still believe the Ronnie/Charlie theory is the strongest, however. Nick Cotton is also definitely involved in this somehow.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Lola, Charlie and Les's ones do seem like misdirection for some reason. Peter's too despite his resentment issues.

Max, Lauren, Mick, Linda, Whitney and possibly Denise are innocent though.

Not sure about Dean but it's an intriguing possibilty but for some reason, I just keep thinking it's Abi though.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    I honestly would not be surprised if it was Lee and Mick helped him cover it up. Mick was missing for a while during the episode where Lucy died - we probably weren't supposed to pay much attention to it but Linda did ask if anybody had seen him. I instantly thought that was suspicious.

I still believe the Ronnie/Charlie theory is the strongest, however. Nick Cottons is also definitely involved in this.

Yup. Lee has PTSD (though it seems to be forgotten, but maybe that's intentional.) So he may well have done something and then forgotten it, and Mick is covering up for him.

But equally, Nancy has epilepsy so may have fallen against Lucy while having a seizure. Johnny seems completely unable to deal with stress and trauma if the situation at The Albert was anything to go by. And any three of them would have had reason to meet Lucy; Lee and Lucy for obvious reasons, Johnny and Lucy because they were friends, and Nancy and Lucy because she may have wanted to warn her what Lee was like.

I'm not convinced it will be one of these three but I think it fits in with some of the clues we've had so far. And I think Mick would be the type of dad that would literally do anything to protect his kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I thought that too. She is clearly REALLY on edge, which implies she knows more than she is saying. Also Abi seems shifty.

It might be neither of these are the actual murderer, but each think they have guesssed who the murderer is, and are both trying not to give their suspicions away.

I would be very surprised if it turned out to be Abi, based on that video - awful acting, she couldnt act shifty if she tried, sorry but that video is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever seen :) ok, slight exaggeration there but truly, truly awful, overacting
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cringed so much at Abi;s, she's so stage school and I considered not watching the rest after that. Glad I did though, they were good!
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is everyone saying Lorna is a terrible actress? Just so everyone knows to start off in acting soaps prefer these days for people to have some acting experience how do people think Letitia Dean got really good and Jake Wood, Joyner, Patsy Palmer, Jacqueline Jossa, Lacey Turner and Lindsey Couls all went to theatre/acting/stage svhool and how do you think they are good now because of the years they have had at the acting school and because they went their for years
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »
    A lot of people do that when they're nervous or indignant. Abi behaved no differently than what I'd expect of a teenage girl unaccustomed to lying and having her integrity questioned and eager to protect a father hell bent on sabotaging himself.

Yes, when it's delivered convincingly, the way questions are spoken.

But she was wooden, sounded like she was reading a script off camera. Terrible acting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone saying Lorna is a terrible actress? Just so everyone knows to start off in acting soaps prefer these days for people to have some acting experience

Her only experience is in Eastenders and whilst she's improved since her child days, she's still bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    These are brilliant, they should have released them one at a time every couple of weeks or so and used them as TV trailers.

I've said all along that my gut is telling me Denise, and I didn't know why. In her video, they're suggesting Lucy may have found out about her wanting to leave Ian.

I also thought it was Nick for a while, but I keep remembering DTC's comments saying the person who did it doesn't necessarily know, which implies it's some kind of accident.

I think it's becoming more and more likely that Lucy collapsed, alone on the Common and died there, a result of a previous run-in, perhaps with a mugger (who stole her phone and purse) or with someone else that she had an argument with, which means the death wasn't malicious, and rules out most of the cast.

For it to be the sad reveal that DTC has implied, it really has to be one of the Beale's. The saddest of them all would be if some action of Ian's was what killed her.

We know he was in a car (kerb-crawling) on the night, what if he hit her with his car, thought it was some animal of some kind and drove on?

I've rambled a bit here, but I'm becoming more convinced that it's either Lauren, Peter, Ian or Denise.

The only problem is that the police have only said she has head injuries. Surely being hit by a car would result in some other major injuries around her body. :confused:

I'd think it would be fairly obvious to them she'd been run over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Her only experience is in Eastenders and whilst she's improved since her child days, she's still bad.

Well maybe in ten years or 20 years she might be as god as Adam Woodyatt and Jo Joyner and Jake Wood and Letitia Dean and Patsy Palmer they have had years and I bet some of them were like Lorna at first but have got better. and become fantastic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Abi just needs her own storyline because Abi hasn't had a proper storyline of he own yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well maybe in ten years or 20 years she might be as god as Adam Woodyatt and Jo Joyner and Jake Wood and Letitia Dean and Patsy Palmer they have had years and I bet some of them were like Lorna at first but have got better. and become fantastic

Well we're not talking about in 10 or 20 years we're talking about the video of her online.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is everyone saying Lorna is a terrible actress? Just so everyone knows to start off in acting soaps prefer these days for people to have some acting experience how do people think Letitia Dean got really good and Jake Wood, Joyner, Patsy Palmer, Jacqueline Jossa, Lacey Turner and Lindsey Couls all went to theatre/acting/stage svhool and how do you think they are good now because of the years they have had at the acting school and because they went their for years

have you watched her alibi video?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Abi just needs her own storyline because Abi hasn't had a proper storyline of he own yet

no thank you, the small amount we see of her atm is bad enough - its time she shipped off to vet school or uni or wherever the heck she is meant to be going