Options

OMG Sugafakes on the Hits now singing "Freak Like Me"

13»

Comments

• Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty certain Amelle and Jade are actually best friends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    I love the name Sugafakes. I think it sums it up nicely. Prefer if I didn't have to see the new lineup. Hoping they will go away soon.

hear, hear!!
    Makson wrote: »
    Siobhan's replacement could have been any pop puppet and they still would have been successful.

Exactly, Heidi didn't spearhead their success, it was the songs and combination of Mutya and Keisha's vocals!!
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain Amelle and Jade are actually best friends.

They might just oust Heidi next :yawn:
  • Options
    GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    So Keisha was the only reason you ever liked the band then?

I find it amazing that Heidi was always polled as the most popular member pre October 2009 while Keisha was always seen as the least fave with fans! ;)

To me Heidi may not have been there in the first line up but is more a Sugababe than Siobhan ever was. If the band were so great with Siobhan they would have had more success. FACT is they didn't have any success until Heidi. It was her who made them mainstream whether people like it or not because she was the tabloyd friendy face that appealed to the wider audience. Mutya and Keisha were too cold. And still are which is why they can't sell solo records. Without Heidi the Sugababes would have been a long forgotten brand.
    Spot on.

I also remember an interview with Richard X. I'm sure it will be found with a simple search, saying it was Heidi who asked him first if they could have the Freak Like Me track he had done after she heard him playing the demo at one of his sessions at a gig.

So Heidi can sing Freak Like Me whenever she wants as without her they wouldn't have got the track in the first place.
  • Options
    GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    Really interesting article. Thanks for posting.

I agree with a lot of it. Also it does feel like people are talking like it was Siobhan, Mutya and Keisha yesterday and Heidi, Amelle and Jade today, The change in members and music has taken place over 9 years.

I loved One touch and was gutted when Siobhan left and they were dropped but to me Heidi has been a Sugababe for 8.5 years and I do class her as more of a Sugababe than Siobhan now. That doesn't mean I don't like Siobhan but actually it's Mutya, Keisha and Heidi who I personall associate as the main Sugababes. Then Siobhan and Amelle.

Jade is someone I really like and I daresay I will see her more as a Sugababe when the rercords are out of the way and there is no comparison (although I LOVE her on Thank you for the heartbreak and little miss perfect) and I hope they get that chance, I think jade will veer them into another direction after this album because of her voice - I hope they get that chance.

When Mutya quit for what ever reason, I listened to mainly Keisha tell us that was a good thing and how the band was better than before. I accepted Amelle into the band and that was five years ago.

Keisha, not Heidi appeared to be the one with the daggers out for Mutya - which shocked me.

The fact Keisha went was a shock but because I like Heidi and Amelle and think Jade has a great voice I could again adapt.

There isn't a SB line up I haven't liked and I would rather see Heidi, Amelle and Jade sing the odler catalogue from Freak Like Me than it be forgotten.

I am looking forward to solo Keisha and hope she doesn't fail either. I actually think 1.0 reunion would be a bad thing and I have said before the three would implode. I like Keisha but I imagine she is difficult to work with and Mutya is a strong character, so I think Siobhan would once again be the one who comes away worst from it and affected by arguements.

The one thing that does get me is each SB line up has always pretended to be best friends. Siobhan left and slated Keisha and Mutya. Keisha laid into Mutya. Amelle and Heidi have said stuff about Keisha and I am sure Keisha will be worse when she has stuff to promote. she will be guns blazing. Also the fact the three originals now all seem to be best friends seems weird, they may "forget" everything that they said about one another but are fans supposed to. Until the new three girls start on each other, it does seem that the issue has lay with Keisha until now
    So true. They all look like liars!
  • Options
    delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh we've lost the marvellous posts of rickyjune! i agreed with her completely! :D

personally i think they are fake bitches! there is no original left, so i don't see them as babes. if they had got rid of keisha..fine..but, bring back Mutya or Siobhan...or cease to call yourselves something which really you were never a part of at the beginning!
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    delectable wrote: »
    oooh we've lost the marvellous posts of rickyjune! i agreed with her completely! :D

personally i think they are fake bitches! there is no original left, so i don't see them as babes. if they had got rid of keisha..fine..but, bring back Mutya or Siobhan...or cease to call yourselves something which really you were never a part of at the beginning!

But you were part of all their number one / album and singles (Heidi)

Two number one singles including the biggest selling SB single. (Amelle)

That can't be over looked really.
  • Options
    lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually with Munter, er sorry Mutya, they were breaking the Trades Descriptions Act calling themselves "babes" anyway. She had to go! :D
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the Sugababes 4.0 fanatics in here are really quite rude.

You understand perfectly well why some don't like the new line up and don't see them as the Sugababes. Why not accept that and stop throwing the same old crap at us?

I loved the Sugababes in the first place for their edge. Their different looks, their refusal to be just "another girlband". In particular I loved Mutya and Keisha's voices. Then Heidi came along and yes I really warmed to her. However long she's been a Sugababe for, she's not an original. She just did an Amelle and a Jade and took someone's place. I was gutted with Mutya left, and never warmed to Amelle. As soon as Keisha went that was it for me.

People always bring up the Destiny's Child argument - but the key difference is that Destiny's Child always had 2 original members, whoever came in and out, that were the voices of the band. They never lost their thing.

The Sugababes now are nothing like the Sugababes I used to love. Generic, bland and resorting to grinding around in matching outfits to tacky, girly pop songs. They may have a great set of voices, but thats not what makes a girl group.
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Some of the Sugababes 4.0 fanatics in here are really quite rude.

You understand perfectly well why some don't like the new line up and don't see them as the Sugababes. Why not accept that and stop throwing the same old crap at us?

I loved the Sugababes in the first place for their edge. Their different looks, their refusal to be just "another girlband". In particular I loved Mutya and Keisha's voices. Then Heidi came along and yes I really warmed to her. However long she's been a Sugababe for, she's not an original. She just did an Amelle and a Jade and took someone's place. I was gutted with Mutya left, and never warmed to Amelle. As soon as Keisha went that was it for me.

People always bring up the Destiny's Child argument - but the key difference is that Destiny's Child always had 2 original members, whoever came in and out, that were the voices of the band. They never lost their thing.

The Sugababes now are nothing like the Sugababes I used to love. Generic, bland and resorting to grinding around in matching outfits to tacky, girly pop songs. They may have a great set of voices, but thats not what makes a girl group.
    Nicely put :)
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haters need to understand that whilst the Sugababes may no longer have the edgy qualities that made them originally famous, many fans are more than content with their current style and vibe, and do not appreciate shitty comments like "Sugafakes".
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this "Sugafakes" crap is pathetic. I still cannot believe people would
    rather the back catalogue was locked away and never performed
    again, than actually put to good use.

Naive numpties, listen up: Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan are never going
    to be allowed to perform any of the 2.0 or 3.0 tracks, aside from
    the odd unbilled not-for-profit cover here or there.

Universal Music owns them, and they'll remain exclusive to the current
    line-up, even if Sugababes were renamed to something else.
    Weren't there some reports recently that one of the original Sugababes line-up was applying for
    the exclusive rights to the "Sugababes" name, regardless of who currently owns the songs?
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haters need to understand that whilst the Sugababes may no longer have the edgy qualities that made them originally famous, many fans are more than content with their current style and vibe, and do not appreciate shitty comments like "Sugafakes".

It's a person's prerogative to put their opinion across, 'Sugafakes' is nothing personal to those of you who still like this group. Calling individuals 'naive numpties' shows you up as you are getting personal :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jamesdeanukjamesdeanuk Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well it's Freak Like Me, it's their only decent song. It's amazing how they've managed to survive releasing the tripe they have.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heidi is and always will be the best Sugababe EVER. :cool:

That is all :sleep: