Anna & Katy

Comments

• Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Bye ? That name rings a bell.

7 out of 10, I'll watch again.

Hopefully the rude " Congratulations " legs akimbo thing will catch on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play, that was just terrible.

Who the blazes commissioned that?
    I only gave it a look because I liked her as Magda in Lead Balloon.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Isnt the Congratulation sketch meant to be based on the fact they are two white women with thick Caribbean accents?

Kuntwords reminded me of Numberwang.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Isnt the Congratulation sketch meant to be based on the fact they are two white women with thick Caribbean accents?

Kuntwords reminded me of Numberwang.

Kuntwords didn't remind me of Numberwang but it did feel like it belonged in That Mitchell and Webb Look. I thought it was the weakest sketch of them all tonight.

EDIT: I thought the joke in "Congratulation" was a parody of the "shout-outs" daytime/early evening shows give to people e.g. Ethel from Luton has knitted a sock with the face of Matt Baker on it, well done Ethel!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a chuckle over the shout out about the lady selling cupcakes to raise money for diabetes. Aside from that it was total rubbish, won't be tuning in next week.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching it on 4+1 now. It makes Very Important People look like a work of genius.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Geordie?!?! Where did you get that from?

I thought it was some form of West Indian which seems to be the majority view so far (assuming by Caribbean people mean the English speaking bit).

A friend on Twitter going by the clothes they were wearing. I went for a West Indian accent.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these 2 the same 2 bints who used to throw peas around the place during the break in Corrie, or am I way off the mark? Anyway, whoever they are, they are as funny as each other, which is not funny at all!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these 2 the same 2 bints who used to throw peas around the place during the break in Corrie

Yes, the same bints!
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear oh dear, all is lost on the comedy front if those in Channel 4 think any of this is comedy. The Countdown sketch did raise a titter, but those two girls are not in themselves comedy actresses or funny.
  • Options
    katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even worse than Watson and Oliver
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Bye ? That name rings a bell.

7 out of 10, I'll watch again.

Hopefully the rude " Congratulations " legs akimbo thing will catch on.

Mr Ruby Wax, director/producer of a mixed bag of British comedy.

Back to the topic. I thought it was pretty dire. Part of the problem is the two women seem totally devoid of any personality or natural humour. They were on Sunday Brunch last week and were awkward guests and totally unamusing.
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse...critics are raving about it?
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pity,because Anna is good in 'Lead Balloon'
    and Katy in 'Not Going Out' (as has already
    been pointed out!
    Anna is also very good in a CBBC thing that
    my grandchildren watch called 'Sorry I've Got
    No Head'.
    But this was a shambles that should have been
    stifled at birth!
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fear is these two women who are great comic actresses are not exactly comedians in the common sense of the word. So going by their real talent as actresses and using their contacts book, managed to blag a series which the Soho tv trendies love, get Lee Mack and Richard Bacon involved etc.

To give Watson and Oliver credit and as someone who has seen them live twice, they are really funny and most of their tv sketches are funny. Anna and Katy will need more than Kuntwords to keep viewers watching.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't brilliant, but there were quite a few laughs dotted about throughout it, and the performances were very good.

Certainly not as bad as a lot of sketch shows that have emerged in the past few years.

The Countdown skit looks like a runner to me, which is fine as I found it pretty funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    That was dire - a joke free zone. I managed to sit through the whole thing without even smiling.

I think the shame is I get the feeling that Anna Crilly and Katy Wix are quite good performers - it was their material that let them down.

So i would re-group - get some better writers and try again.

I think they also need to decide what sort of comedy they are going for. Are they into the French and Saunder's 'lets make fun of TV progs' type humour.

Or go for real biting sature or just general comedy sketches like the Fast Show. This was a bit of everything and so the targets got a bit lost.

As I say, both of them are good so perhaps a second go with better, more focused sketches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but the people who didn't laugh Whyyyyyyyy

I love it its funnyyyyyyyyyyy

There's a piss take of corrie mixed with east Enders and its centred at glasses

And don't start with Kuntworts it's great it's great
    I would watch countdown if it was like this

And the congratulation programme is funny

If you all failed to see this a funny then oh dear i feel sorry for you all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lee_w wrote: »

If you all failed to see this a funny then oh dear i feel sorry for you all

And why is that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why is that?

Missy when I came to Kuntworts that made us laugh and I would like more of this sketch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lee_w wrote: »
    Missy when I came to Kuntworts that made us laugh and I would like more of this sketch

So? I was asking why you feel sorry for people who didn't find it funny. I didn't find any of it funny- I clearly just have a different sense of humour- it doesn't mean I lack one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    The format seems to be, pick a tv show and take the **** out of it. If try keep picking te right targets and doing it well, they should be able to get a decent series out of it.

Would be interesting to see some non-spoof sketches too, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So? I was asking why you feel sorry for people who didn't find it funny. I didn't find any of it funny- I clearly just have a different sense of humour- it doesn't mean I lack one.

Missy I don't think you don't have a sense of humour it's just I can't imagine why people wouldn't even smile at that it was something different
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't feel like it was any different- spoofing shows has been done so much already.
    Maybe that's why I didn't think it was up to much.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i recorded it and just put it on.then i hear Richard Bacons voice! and just after that annoying husband and wife team appeared and he started singing ! off,deleted.