Marlon......just an ignorant immature boy, but not really malicious?

Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
Forum Member
I really can't stand the whole ladz thing and the hands down the pants and giving it all the sex talk.

I've witnessed this with most of the 'ladz' this series.

However, is Marlon really a bad person? Or just an immature boy with a lot of growing up to do? Is he really a malicious, sly or manipulative game player looking for the main chance who would sell any of his friends over?

I actually think Winston is worse than he is. He put him up for eviction after all when Marlon thought he was his friend in the house....and yet Marlon forgave him and told him it was ok.

Toya totally ripped into him on a personal level in front of the whole house and you could see he was clearly hurt by it, but still trying to gain some front and dignity.

I just think it's a shame that he's going to be the one that everyone is prepared to sacrifice this week ahead of some others that I think are far more ruthless than he is.

Comments

• SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't really bother me, one way or the other........I think he just craves female attention like most young men of his age....... just goes about it in an unsophisticated way.......;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Just a theory but I suspect he may have thought he was going to be a big player in the house and just isn't., and is now in shock.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Just a theory but I suspect he may have thought he was going to be a big player in the house and just isn't., and is now in shock.

I think that was all bluff to gain entry in the house. He's been absolutely nothing like his VT, although in front of his peers, he tries to act like it.

I think he may well be out of his league in the house, but is that a reason for him to go? Do we just want players.....good or bad, without giving the guy a chance?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A good theory IMO. He's way down the pecking order, the ladies just aren't interested and I don't think Helen's lot particularly like him.
    Forum Member
    Scrovegni wrote: »
    A good theory IMO. He's way down the pecking order, the ladies just aren't interested and I don't think Helen's lot particularly like him.

In what way are you basing that Helen's lot dislike him?
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is 30 years old
    Forum Member

Wasn't there also that alternative personality he was going to "treat" us with? What the bobbins happened to all that?
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    I think that was all bluff to gain entry in the house. He's been absolutely nothing like his VT, although in front of his peers, he tries to act like it.

I think he may well be out of his league in the house, but is that a reason for him to go? Do we just want players.....good or bad, without giving the guy a chance?

He's had plenty of chances. He has done nothing interesting in that house. Like his buddy Ash he is boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what way are you basing that Helen's lot dislike him?

It's just a feeling I've got, he's like a hanger on that no-one in the group particularly likes. The only one that seems to care about him is Jale.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of his nominations came from someone other than Chris, Christopher, Danielle and Ashleigh.
    Forum Member
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    He's had plenty of chances. He has done nothing interesting in that house. Like his buddy Ash he is boring.

What about other hms who haven't done much in terms of raising a riot in the house? Chris (DR entries only), Kim (Stephen love interest.....yawn), and even Winston (without the sudden Danielle interest). He doesn't have a marked storyline, that's true, but he's no more boring than any of the ones that need a double up act to make them semi interesting. Or in Chris' case.....a new book to write. He might as well be a fly on the wall otherwise.
    It's just a feeling I've got, he's like a hanger on that no-one in the group particularly likes. The only one that seems to care about him is Jale.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of his nominations came from someone other than Chris, Christopher, Danielle and Ashleigh.

Well it wouldn't surprise me if his best mate, Winston, nominated him again to save himself if he's up. That's how much Winston rates himself and cares about his so-called mate in the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He brings nothing to the show. Why would anyone want to keep him aside from getting Ashleigh out? He thinks women are objects for him to oggle and doesn't care about them beyond that. There is nothing to like here.

What we've seen is all we're gonna get.
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    the best thing he did was fall down
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    I find his hand down his pants a lot of the time quite sickening (need a vomit emoticon)
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    What about other hms who haven't done much in terms of raising a riot in the house? Chris (DR entries only), Kim (Stephen love interest.....yawn), and even Winston (without the sudden Danielle interest). He doesn't have a marked storyline, that's true, but he's no more boring than any of the ones that need a double up act to make them semi interesting. Or in Chris' case.....a new book to write. He might as well be a fly on the wall otherwise.

Well it wouldn't surprise me if his best mate, Winston, nominated him again to save himself if he's up. That's how much Winston rates himself and cares about his so-called mate in the house.

Agree about Kim, and especially Winston. Can't stand them. Difference is I like Chris.
    Forum Member
    LochLion wrote: »
    He brings nothing to the show. Why would anyone want to keep him aside from getting Ashleigh out? He thinks women are objects for him to oggle and doesn't care about them beyond that. There is nothing to like here.

What we've seen is all we're gonna get.

Yes he seems surplus to requirements. Less than human almost. Let's get him out because he's BB's cannon fodder. But for what? More ruthless people to be saved over him?
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote: »
    I find his hand down his pants a lot of the time quite sickening (need a vomit emoticon)

So do I, hence my mentioning it in my OP post.

However, BB really seem to like to focus on it a lot, don't you think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    He is 30 years old

He is 22 NOT 30.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Sorry OP I will still be voting him out this week.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I agree that he's not the worst OP.

Ash and Winston are bigger **** bucket brothers overall. Winston's lines and are like listening to a 13 year old teen boy who's just discovered he likes boobs, and are cringe inducing at best. For some reason men and stranger still some women still don't mind or even quite like these fine young gentlemen. #LADZ.

Marlon not as bad as these 2, but may well turn out to be the sacrificial lamb as you say.
    Forum Member
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    Agree about Kim, and especially Winston. Can't stand them. Difference is I like Chris.

I admit that I liked Chris' DR witticism. However, I'm now finding him a bit annoying as I usually do with hms I initially like.

I actually don't like any of them that much. However, I can't help myself playing devil's advocate and looking at things from the underdog's POV. And in this case, it seems like the forum is massively swayed to evict Marlon. Everyone deserves a voice and defense, and also deserves to be seen as a human being too in this mad game of BB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    So do I, hence my mentioning it in my OP post.

However, BB really seem to like to focus on it a lot, don't you think?

Like I mentioned on another thread, big brother always give favourable edits to their chosen ones, unfortunately it's rarely the black housemates. Some of them could have said a lot worse that wasn't shown. Marlon isn't worse than Winston or Ash for that matter imo.
    Forum Member
    AOTB wrote: »
    I agree that he's not the worst OP.

Ash and Winston are bigger **** bucket brothers overall. Winston's lines and are like listening to a 13 year old teen boy who's just discovered he likes boobs, and are cringe inducing at best. For some reason men and stranger still some women still don't mind or even quite like these fine young gentlemen. #LADZ.

Marlon not as bad as these 2, but may well turn out to be the sacrificial lamb as you say.

I think Winston and Ash are far more 'worldly' and 'cunning' than Marlon. They know how to 'play the game' to the advantage that women voters may like. Stephen is another. How that guy has escaped being nominated, beats me.

But yes, it would appear that Marlon, by his own bigging up of himself, and proving that he's actually quite harmless in many ways, doesn't match up to the real ruthless ladz in there.
    Forum Member
    His reaction to nominations is interesting - listing who he's up against then laughing and saying "exciting". A wee bit daft me thinks.
    Forum Member
    Like I mentioned on another thread, big brother always give favourable edits to their chosen ones, unfortunately it's rarely the black housemates. Some of them could have said a lot worse that wasn't shown. Marlon isn't worse than Winston or Ash for that matter imo.

Exactly as I've just said in my last post to AOTB
    Forum Member
    His reaction to nominations is interesting - listing who he's up against then laughing and saying "exciting". A wee bit daft me thinks.

I know. It's the bigging up of himself when really he's feeling vulnerable, is what a lot of viewers may take for sheer arrogance. He's really a very immature, but essentially non-malicious boy at heart.