Joey has the public fooled

DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sounds to me like he did his research, knew that he had to pretend to be frightened of all creatures great and small so he'd get picked for the trials to give him plenty of air time.

So who fell for it ??

Comments

• fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane wrote: »
    Sounds to me like he did his research, knew that he had to pretend to be frightened of all creatures great and small so he'd get picked for the trials to give him plenty of air time.

So who fell for it ??

Its the underground trial tonight, I expect with help he will get all the stars, they will let him stay until he does. No timer for golden boy.
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying that he doesn't do a good job with the trials but the people who keep voting for him are giving him so much air time that they are playing into his hands.

Why not give the others a chance so we can get to know them and see what they're made of, at the moment it's just the Joey and Amy show, the others might as well go home
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not me and not just this. It is all becoming too tedious now. I don't give a fig what ITV have invested in this man, he is BORING and is now putting many people off watching. Is that important to ITV? :mad:
  • GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
    Forum Member

So who fell for it ??

Look back on the posts at the beginning and you will see he did not fool anyone............he made it so obvious. :D
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying that he doesn't do a good job with the trials but the people who keep voting for him are giving him so much air time that they are playing into his hands.

Why not give the others a chance so we can get to know them and see what they're made of, at the moment it's just the Joey and Amy show, the others might as well go home

Agreed. Every year it's the same....I wish there could be a rule change - because it's ruining the show.

I guess it's down to the voting demographics ;)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Its the underground trial tonight, I expect with help he will get all the stars, they will let him stay until he does. No timer for golden boy.
    They'll have made the stars 'glow in the dark' ones so that he comes away with all 12. Or invisible hands will place them in the goody-bag of our microscopic little moppet!

ITV has a forthcoming 'documentary' out round about Christmas featuring Joey (with monkeys of all things) so they have to ensure that their winner is seen to be a worthy one.
  • laurengirllaurengirl Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have fell for it LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Every year it's the same....I wish there could be a rule change - because it's ruining the show.

I guess it's down to the voting demographics ;)

This surely has to be the worst year ever. At least the repeatedly chosen ones didn't dominate the rest of the show. They should be exempt after a trial for at least one night.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn. This series would be awful if it wasn't for joey. The public know that and are paying the money to maximise his screen time
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    Yawn. This series would be awful if it wasn't for joey. The public know that and are paying the money to maximise his screen time

One night last week he hardly got any air time. the show was miles miles better. if he ends up doing the trial tonight then the series is over for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    One night last week he hardly got any air time. the show was miles miles better. if he ends up doing the trial tonight then the series is over for me

I suppose you prefer seeing Calton crying his eyes out over a bit of washing up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rather that than some idiot is cabbage the same as lettuce. His act is wearing very thin now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh well that's you done then :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anything on this planet is preferable to watching talentless idiot Joey. He hasn't even got the talent to keep up his risible pretense at being an idiot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well that's you done then :)

Yep certainly is have better things to do with my time than watch this crap night after night.
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Joey for King of the Jungle
  • Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not even funny, he's not really scared of anything. Would be much better someone like Vincent or David!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not even funny, he's not really scared of anything. Would be much better someone like Vincent or David!!
    Of course he isn't. He's a lion the king of the jungle
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep certainly is have better things to do with my time than watch this crap night after night.

Me too . Had enough of the joey show
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RocknRolla wrote: »
    Joey for King of the Jungle

He's just Joe Swash Mark 2.

It's just like watching X factor and watching the no marks get through time after time.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I don't see how people that vote for him are being fooled.
    They obviously find it entertaining as they keep voting for him to do it, so they're getting exactly what they want.
    So surely the only ones who are losing out are those that don't want him to do them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So who fell for it ??

When did he pretend to be scared of anything? He is clearly not comfortable with the creatures etc. as most people wouldnt be. but he always attempts the trials so he is not pretending anything with regards to that.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So who fell for it ??

I have never believed his "act" ever, why people keep voting for him to do trials i will never know the cynic in me think his agent had a word with the producers when those contract were being signed, which includes as much airtime (and praise) ITV and their employees can give him.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Anything on this planet is preferable to watching talentless idiot Joey. He hasn't even got the talent to keep up his risible pretense at being an idiot

Talentless? He can make a dragon with his hands! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    He's not scared of the critters. The only bit of genuine panic I saw tonight was near the end of the cave task when he shut up for a few seconds.

I love how Dec pointed out Joey's inconsistencies regarding his sudden lack of fear towards the alligators/crocs.

I think many of his fans are happy to go along with this persona he has created for various reasons (such as their odd sense of humour, he makes them feel intelligent) and I just view it like the whole emperors new clothes scenario.