✭✭
    Cassini wrote: »
    You mean sort of 'yes, yes, oh god yes I'm 33'

:D:D I would say you are thirty I am thirty two.:D
  • Options
    XXXNaziaXXXXXXNaziaXXX Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say this, but a 24 year old boy???
    How on earth can one be considerd a child ar 24???
    The moment both a male or female hits 18 they are considerd a man or woman.
    A FULLY grown adult. She should never have lied her age, age is never a problem so long as both are adults.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A FULLY grown adult. She should never have lied her age, age is never a problem so long as both are adults.

age isn't a problem when you are young.

No, she probably shouldn't have lied about it and its going to be difficult to admit she lied. The sooner she comes clean the better, especially if she thinks the relationship is going somewhere.
  • Options
    JellyKateJellyKate Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's bound to come out eventually, better to get things straight.

It's not a big deal really. If he's 24 it's not like he's a teenager or something.

When I met my husband I was 20 and he was 35. We got married when I was 28 and he was 43. That was 10 and a half years ago...still married!
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a liar, hands up those of you that like liars or being lied to.

If it wasn't a big deal [for her] she wouldn't have lied in the first place.

Remind me again who's supposed to be the older one in the relationship
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can never understand why age is such an issue for some people.

maybe some people have a certain opinion of themselves and feel that age is important to maintaining some kind of .. i dunno .. external status or something.

i dunno .. all foreign to me ..
    It's a massive issue if you're a thirtysomething female with no kids. :o:( Or if you work in an area where you need people to take you seriously. In my field my middle class middle aged clients get a bit disconcerted when what they think is a twenty four year old turns up to represent them.
  • Options
    Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    Kerryq wrote: »
    Bad move starting out on a lie..

I agree, hate fakes of any kind.
  • Options
    cook my sockcook my sock Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    24 is still pretty juvenile, she should move on.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    have you been working with him for 8 years by any chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, you are right, I shouldn't really have described him as a "boy". At 24 he is a man. But, as I am a lot older than both the people involved (the 33 year old and the 24 year old) I instinctively referred to him as a boy, By the same reckoning, I would also have referred to the 33 year old as a "girl", but I only referred to her as "she".
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skyl1ght wrote: »
    It's a massive issue if you're a thirtysomething female with no kids. :o:( Or if you work in an area where you need people to take you seriously. In my field my middle class middle aged clients get a bit disconcerted when what they think is a twenty four year old turns up to represent them.

i'm a thirtysomething male who's never even been in a relationship, let alone has kids and I couldn't care a stuff about age.

but if people want to live and die by what society dictates then that's not for me to judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm a thirtysomething male who's never even been in a relationship, let alone has kids and I couldn't care a stuff about age.

but if people want to live and die by what society dictates then that's not for me to judge.
    Sorry, maybe I'm not making myself clear, there's a big difference between a thirty something male with no kids and a thirty something female with no kids.

You have all the time in world.

Relative youth also equals relative inexperience and I can understand why my clients can feel a little disconcerted at the prospect of having someone they think can't have been doing the job for long as their representative. Any skilled job takes time to acquire to a good standard. Pick another example - would you rather be operated on by someone with one year's experience or someone with ten?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah strictly from a biological sense then it would be a problem for a woman in her thirties who didn't have kids.

what i was trying to say was that it shouldn't matter what other people think - if they think it's strange that a thirty something woman doesn't have kids then it's their problem.

some people think it's strange that i've never been married and have no kids at 37 but it doesn't make me feel i should go straight out and impregnate the first woman i meet. people can think whatever they want about me, i don't care.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah strictly from a biological sense then it would be a problem for a woman in her thirties who didn't have kids.

what i was trying to say was that it shouldn't matter what other people think - if they think it's strange that a thirty something woman doesn't have kids then it's their problem.

some people think it's strange that i've never been married and have no kids at 37 but it doesn't make me feel i should go straight out and impregnate the first woman i meet. people can think whatever they want about me, i don't care.

its not that people think its strange. Its that a 24 year old lad would think ` aargh she is 30 something and had no kids and her clock is ticking so loud I can hear it and she is going to get pregnant and trap me forever aagh goodbye!'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anj wrote: »
    its not that people think its strange. Its that a 24 year old lad would think ` aargh she is 30 something and had no kids and her clock is ticking so loud I can hear it and she is going to get pregnant and trap me forever aagh goodbye!'
    You got it.

The only thing I envy about men is their lack of biological clock!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the 24 year old likes older women, wouldn't he feel better knowing that she's.... older than he was first lied.... sorry... led to believe?

If he turned round and told her that he's only 20, would she have a problem with that I wonder?
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would someone what a guy who would judge them on their age rather than who they are?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this all comes back to the comment i made on another thread - "relationships are hard because you make them hard".

all of this stress for something as insignificant as age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    Why would someone what a guy who would judge them on their age rather than who they are?
    Why would someone want a guy that who would judge them on being honest rather than dishonest?

Without knowing much more than what the OP has said, it would seem the 33 year old has all the problems, with age, insecure, being a liar and not knowing that telling the truth is something some people like.

No one knows what or how the guy will react if she ever tells him her real age. For most I would think it's about the lie rather than the age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Relative youth also equals relative inexperience and I can understand why my clients can feel a little disconcerted at the prospect of having someone they think can't have been doing the job for long as their representative. Any skilled job takes time to acquire to a good standard. Pick another example - would you rather be operated on by someone with one year's experience or someone with ten?

Relative youth also equals relative inexperience???? :rolleyes:

I have met 30-40 yr olds that are so inexperienced and immature Im surprised they manage to get dressed in the morning.

And I have met plenty of people from 18-25 who have managed to cram quite allot into those few years and put most "experienced" older people to shame.

But on the other hand I know of some really childish and immature young people.

And your example of being operated on by someone inexperience is in my opinion a pretty bad one, someone in medicine trains and works they're way up to a certain level, which is exactly as it should be.

But life doesn't have any of this structure so different people of different ages have different levels of experience, so relative youth also doesn't always equal relative inexperience.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIY-Sky wrote: »
    Relative youth also equals relative inexperience???? :rolleyes:

I have met 30-40 yr olds that are so inexperienced and immature Im surprised they manage to get dressed in the morning.

And I have met plenty of people from 18-25 who have managed to cram quite allot into those few years and put most "experienced" older people to shame.

But on the other hand I know of some really childish and immature young people.

And your example of being operated on by someone inexperience is in my opinion a pretty bad one, someone in medicine trains and works they're way up to a certain level, which is exactly as it should be.

But life doesn't have any of this structure so different people of different ages have different levels of experience, so relative youth also doesn't always equal relative inexperience.

:)
    Exactly the same in my profession, and I was referring to the fact that I look young and how this can be a negative in my profession do my example is a good one.

I stand by my assessment that relative youth equals relative inexperience. I chose my words carefully, hence the qualification "relative". I did not say, all older people will be more experienced than all younger people in all areas. But if you learn throughout your life then you can't help but know more as you get older. Look back on yourself ten years ago. Did you know then all that you know now? Do you hope to have developed futher in ten years time?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Exactly the same in my profession, and I was referring to the fact that I look young and how this can be a negative in my profession do my example is a good one.

I stand by my assessment that relative youth equals relative inexperience. I chose my words carefully, hence the qualification "relative". I did not say, all older people will be more experienced than all younger people in all areas. But if you learn throughout your life then you can't help but know more as you get older. Look back on yourself ten years ago. Did you know then all that you know now? Do you hope to have developed futher in ten years time?

Fair point:)

Of course I hope to have developed further in 10 years time, I have many shortcomings and still have so much to learn.

10 years ago I was 14 so I dread to think what I was like! But when I was younger I wanted to learn and despised most people my own age, and now I am a bit older I still want to learn, which is why count myself as a step up from most morons my age.

And as long and anyone operating on me has completed they're training, explains what's going to happen to me and washes they're hands I am quite happy! :D
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe sh definately needs to tell hm, the sooner the better. If not it will constantly play on her mind and she wil be constantly worried that he will find out another way.

If he really likes her, he may be oK with it but the longer it goes on, the worse it will get.

She just has to be brave, albeit write a letter if she cannot say it to his face, but it needs to be said imo.

If its a fling then she could get away with not saying anyting but the problem is some flings can develop into something serious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she's prepared to lie about something as trivial as her age what else has she lied about?

When she turns 30 next birthday, is she going to avoid cards, prezzies, texts from all those that know her true age and than hide all evidence of that too?