Over-rated Songs By Your Favourite Artist

Comments

• musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I prefer Meet me halfway and My humps from BEP.

So i agree
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    i hate to say it but...

I GOTTA FEELING - BLACK EYED PEAS

i love them so much but i think this song is overated

fergie, apl.de.ap, will.i.am, taboo <3

I love that song. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Paramore - Decode. Went platinum and is their biggest song. Such an overated song and people only went and got it for shitlight saga connection to it. Ignorance and Brick by boring brick deserved more success.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I love Unusual You! Its different Britney and the lyrics are well written, she should have released it.

I liked 3 but it definitely wasn't one of her best and the subject matter made me cringe.

Unusual You was a great song, it was (forgive me), unusual, so would have made a great single choice. I'll never understand why she released Radar. As good a song it is, a lot of people already had it from the Blackout album, so it was never going to sell well.

Another couple of songs I'd like to add:

America - Razorlight
    It's a good song, but they have a ton better songs. People say it's their best because it got to number one and really it's one of the few Razorlight songs that casual pop fans/buyers know of. Vice, Don't Go Back To Dalston, Stumble & Fall, Golden Touch, Somewhere Else, Before I Fall To Pieces and Tabloid Lover are all far, far better songs. I'd probably say Vice or S&F is their best song.

Hero - Enrique Iglesias
    It's so shit! I Like It and Do You Know are so, so, SO MUCH BETTER. And don't get me started on the video! So cheesy! But fortunately, Enrique has seen the error of his ways and has admitted in many interviews in the past that Hero is cheesy and corny and he cringes when he sings it and gets the girls onstage. It's such a Peter Andre thing to do.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    this thread is interesting becuase the artists mentioned arent my favourite and it seems that their fans feel that their overrated songs arent their best but as a non fan they are my favourite

e.g.
    BEP - I Gotta Feeling
    Razorlight - America
    Mariah Carey- Hero
    Oasis - Wonderwall
    Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would also say Oasis wonderwall, it's beautifully wirtten but I would pick talk tonight as possibly their greatest written track
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Unusual You was a great song, it was (forgive me), unusual, so would have made a great single choice. I'll never understand why she released Radar. As good a song it is, a lot of people already had it from the Blackout album, so it was never going to sell well.

Another couple of songs I'd like to add:

America - Razorlight
    It's a good song, but they have a ton better songs. People say it's their best because it got to number one and really it's one of the few Razorlight songs that casual pop fans/buyers know of. Vice, Don't Go Back To Dalston, Stumble & Fall, Golden Touch, Somewhere Else, Before I Fall To Pieces and Tabloid Lover are all far, far better songs. I'd probably say Vice or S&F is their best song.

Hero - Enrique Iglesias
    It's so shit! I Like It and Do You Know are so, so, SO MUCH BETTER. And don't get me started on the video! So cheesy! But fortunately, Enrique has seen the error of his ways and has admitted in many interviews in the past that Hero is cheesy and corny and he cringes when he sings it and gets the girls onstage. It's such a Peter Andre thing to do.

jennifer Love Hewitt, I'll be her hero anytime, anywhere. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Really? I know saying Mr Brightside as the most overrated song would be quite obvious, but I really do think it is as good as it's hyped up to be. Albeit, All These Things That I've Done is better, but I still think Mr Brightside is absolutely chuffing brilliant. Though, The Killers just have so many gems, singles, album tracks and b-sides alike.

And I never thought Stronger was overrated. His most overrated song, imo, would be either Welcome To Heartbreak (without Cudi it would be just another boring, self-piteous Kanye song), or Goldigga. As a kanye fan, I've never seen the love for that song.

And Rooftops? I don't think that song has ever been close to being overrated. I swear down nobody ever hypes up Lostprophets, which is sad really, because they are a great band :(

They used to be a great band. Their first two albums were awesome, then they decided to make crappy americanised rock/pop songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    ThereThere wrote: »
    They used to be a great band. Their first two albums were awesome, then they decided to make crappy americanised rock/pop songs.

I still think the music is good, though Ian Watkins does sound like a raging American. I don't think the music is crap though. Where We Belong is right up there in my top5 Lostprophets songs.
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Another one is "Country House" by Blur. The Universal, Sing & This Is A Low are far superior to it (And for anyone has Midlife, they are brilliantly placed together on the album :D)
    Forum Member
    Chasing pavements by Adele. Good song but Hometown glory is her best song without a doubt.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    themadmonk wrote: »
    Beatles - Let it Be

I know that Paul McCartney wrote this about his mother, but i find that it drones on and on, in fact the Let it Be album is for me very overrated altogether, i can take it or leave it.

I think Let It Be... Naked is a far superior album :)

Most of The Beatles' early stuff, 1965 and on is far superior. Same with Queen but reversed, they had some gems in the 1980s, but for the most part it was a shadow of their glory days.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Chasing pavements by Adele. Good song but Hometown glory is her best song without a doubt.

Hometown Glory is stunning. I like the version with the longer piano intro.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umm Venetian Snares most well known track's probably gentleman which barely scratches the surface of the depth and majesty of his genius. Not really overrated just a drop in the ocean really.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one is "Country House" by Blur. The Universal, Sing & This Is A Low are far superior to it (And for anyone has Midlife, they are brilliantly placed together on the album :D)

I'll agree with that. Blur actually made a lot of really bloody good songs and country house, parklife, beetlebum, song 2 and a lot of the singles they released are nowhere near the top of the list.

:)
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cold Shoulder is my favourite Adele song. Amazing.
    Forum Member
    That's my second fav but was the song that led to me buying the album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Muse- Citizen Erased. I do not get the amount of spaffing that goes on over this song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls Aloud- The Promise. It's OK but nowhere near their best and I felt songs like Biology, Call The Shots and Sexy! No No No were far more deserving of the recognition and success that The Promise got. It hasn't really got that only-Girls-Aloud-could-sing-this feel to it that most of their other singles have.

The Saturdays- Issues. Hailed as their best ballad but they had the far superior songs Chasing Lights and Fall on the album! I know it did well for them but it was just bland and I was really annoyed that it was picked as "the ballad single" over those two.

Rammstein-Du Hast. I do like it a lot and it's a good concert song, but they've had better singles that haven't had half the fuss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ego by The Saturdays, if they're played on the radio it will be that song. I do like it, but they have loads of better ones.

Bring me to Life by Evanescence, a good song but Everybody's Fool beats it out of the singles for me.

I've noticed a few people mention Singles Ladies by Beyonce - agreed, Single Ladies is a AWFUL song IMO, she screeches her way through. Halo is better.
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Florence and The Machine "Kiss With A Fist" - i hate this song so therefore when this came out I dismissed her as another one of these boring indie angsty girl singers..

But then i heard the album and realised theres more to her.
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't call Kiss with a fist overated. The fact it never saw success can't really make it overated compared to You got the love
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call Kiss with a fist overated. The fact it never saw success can't really make it overated compared to You got the love

fair do's but the critical success it got earned her that critics choice Brit award. it was featured on various "popular culture" based adverts, she was then featured on BBC polls etc. and I didn't see what all the fuss was about and it was mostly based on that song.
    Forum Member
    Oh i see your point
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love, love, love A-Ha and have done so for 25 years. But I cannot stand Take On Me. They have recorded some truly creative and beautiful songs, and yet they are still well known for this pile of cack!!
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wonderwall - Oasis

Probably the most overrated song of all time. I think it is fantastic, beautiful and really meaningful, but it's not the best song Oasis have ever written. It's not the best song in the world. It annoys me, because whenever you ask someone what their favourite Oasis song is, chances are they will say Wonderwall. It's definitely not Noel's masterpiece.

Agreed, songs like Acquiesce, Slide Away, Talk Tonight, Columbia, Supersonic, Whatever, Let's All Make Believe, Fade In Out (live) etc.... make Wonderwall sound like complete shite.