Options

Soaps of the World- The greatest character and family of all time!

2»

Comments

• Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Character: Tiffany (Reymond) Mitchell.
    Family: The Dingles :)
  • Options
    GrindlewardGrindleward Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    emilybean wrote: »
    The Dingles

I love Cain
    I love Chas
    Eli was great
    Lisa & Zack are great

The way they all stick together, and are always short of money, yet always thinking of devious ways to get money. Don't think I've really seen a family on a soap struggle with money except them. Just pure brilliance.

HO- The McQueens
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    The Slaters are easily my favourite family in soap. I loved the fact these sisters were completely different but when it came down to it they were a force to be reckoned with. It was a great start and then bringing in Stacey and Jean just made the family even stronger in my eyes. I always think relationships between women are more interesting especially when they go wrong so the Slaters are perfect for this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHbibIgDeQU

And favourite soap character, that's a lot of people to go through but right now i'd probably say Sky Mangel or Stacey Slater.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A family of men would be good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    HO- The McQueens

They be my second fave :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And favourite soap character, that's a lot of people to go through but right now i'd probably say Sky Mangel or Stacey Slater.

Ouch! That just reminded me about the Timmins'. Loved that family too!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    emilybean wrote: »
    Ouch! That just reminded me about the Timmins'. Loved that family too!!

Harolds son?

That whineing man?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Noo, Janelle, Jenae, Bree, Stingray, Dylan.. I'm wanting to say Oscar but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who????? lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    The Robinsons and The Ramsays.
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Aw the Timmins! I loved them! Yep I think there was an Oscar in there, and don't forget Anne (?) who had that mix up with Bree!
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Sally and the Fletchers
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Corys from American's daytime soap ANOTHER WORD!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I forgot about that!. I cried so much when Stingray died :cry:. Stopped watching when it moved to channel 5. There's the odd time I put it , (usually after I've been to my Grandma's and she's had it on and got me interested again), and I occassionally read spoilers but I think I'd only get hooked on it again if Dylan came back haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street:

Character: Leanne / Blanche

Why?

Leanne because her comebacks are never boring like others we see and even though she as done bad things in the past I still like her. Plus some of her lines and what she does crack me up. When she and Peter had that mini argument when he came back from rehab and she stormed out in her dressing gown :D Plus I think the actress who plays her is amazing.

Blanche:

Her comic timing and facial expressions where genius and her outlook on the world made me laugh. She may have never had a nice word about anyone but her put downs where legendary and even though she sometimes tried to slip insults under the radar, it never worked. RIP- Maggie :cry:

Family:

Battersby-Brown clan.

Why:

It was a close one between these and the Barlows. I really can compare the Battersbys to people I know. Les, the lazy one who always took the easy route. Janice, A jerk-sue, Leanne, a karma Houdini but keeps coming back stronger and Toyah the Eco warrior, these guys may have been the new 'common' family in Corrie when they entered but I for one loved them. I thought the added addition of Cilla and her wings (And children) was a good move, even though I wasn't a big Fiz/Chesney fan at the time. I will always love these guys.

:D
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reason for Ken and Rita? ;)
    Love the golden oldies! Ken is a Corrie legend and Rita reminds me of a lovely elderly woman who goes to my Church called (ironically enough) Mrs Sullivan! :p
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tates. Emmerdale.
    The costellos. family affairs. Chrissie, mum of two girls. pretends her 9 year old daughter has cancer, becuase she wants attention. Now she doesn't go as far as to harm her daughter physicaly. But she does tell her to lie to eveyone. she keeps her off school, and cuts her hair.
    Then she is eventualy locked up when the truth comes out after a friend sees that the daughter has no holes in her hand from chemotherapy.

And we see that the reason chrissie did this is becuase her sister had cancer as a child for many years untill she died. Chrissie was ignored, and unloved by her mother. Her mother focussed only on the child who had cancer.
    The mother turns up at some point. She played the cold harsh woman very well.

The Mitchels. Eastenders.

The slaters.. Eastenders.

The dingles.... Emmerdale.
  • Options
    Phil MitchellPhil Mitchell Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    charlie stubbs and john stape

the tates and the kings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    Favourite family; the Slaters. Adored them from their arrival on the square. Just a really believable family unit full of great characters (Kat, Little Mo, Trevor, Stacey, Jean). The original sisters had amazing chemistry and I think it was just so belivable to see them all as sisters who are loyal and will fight for each other and love each other. They've given my some of my favourite EE storylines since I've been watching; Kat/Zoe reveal and two hander, Little Mo/Trevor abuse and Little Mo finally hitting back, Stax, Stacey's bi-polar, Kat/Alfie relationship with him stopping her wedding, Zoe/stacey/kats involvement in Dens murder storyline, Sharon/Zoe/Dennis, The Slaters Halloween house fire etc, Little Mo's trial, the Kat/Zoe development in general throughout the five years.

Greatest character is therefore Kat Slater.
    Loved the way her character unravelled. The way the Kat/Zoe storyline was handelled was a stroke of genuis. She went from just a mouthy tart who no-one understood then the audience were let in on the secret and you could started noticing all the hints and finally during the kat/zoe slater week things finally clicked and you suddenly understood her. Some of my fave EE scenes ever are from the episode where she revealed Harry was the father of Zoe and tried to kill herself. Loved her as the tart with a heart from 01-05, loved her 100% loyality to her family and sisters, loved her one liners and flirtiness, loved how she was a total vulnerable mess underneath the exterior, loved how she came across as confident but actually just felt worthless.. just a great character. I don't think they've got her right since her return AT ALL!!! BUT I'm hoping the upcoming storyline may alter this.

Oh and also feel the need to mention the Watts as three of my fave characters are from that family: Chrissie, Dennis and Sharon :)

This. Word for word.
  • Options
    Phil MitchellPhil Mitchell Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    SummerRain wrote: »
    This. Word for word.

den and angie watts was epic to though?