Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting them to kiss, and was dreading it as a token moment that is usually shoehorned into the episode, but was glad that they didn't :)

After the episode all I could think was it was the snogging booth bit and that Clara was literally going to snog him lol but I didn't notice anything odd.

Plus the reviewer says Clara was a computer genius but wasn't that only because they fed a programme into her brain?
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I was expecting them to kiss, and was dreading it as a token moment that is usually shoehorned into the episode, but was glad that they didn't :)

They've already had the obligatory kiss - she kissed him during The Snowman - so I think you're safe!
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    According to some of the spoilers, the TARDIS doesn't like Clara in next week's episode.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the pics of David T and Matt S at the anniversary read through. That has made my morning. :)
    Forum Member
    From GB...
    The Doctor: "I would just be a spaceman on a rock" when talking about life without a TARDIS.
    Journey into the centre of the TARDIS: Its about getting lost in the TARDIS, as well as the eye of harmony, you get to see the chameleon circuit.
    The new cybermen are 'stealthy'
    There is a huge twist in Cold War, you get to see a side to the Ice Warriors which you have never seen before.
    In Nightmare in Silver the Doctor faces a cyber-doctor, its Matt's big episode, his in conflict with himself.
    Clara discovers the doctor has two hearts* and a sonic screw driver.
    The 50th has stuff for both new and old fans.
    There will be a live show on the night of the 23rd.**

*I got these spoilers before The Bells of St John.
    ** As well as everything else we know about.
    Forum Member
    SFX teasers for The Rings of Akhaten:
    The Doctor is a fan of The Bash Street Kids.

The maple leaf from Clara’s “101 Places To See” book is very important.

Clara once wanted to be Bryan Robson.

The Doctor is a stalker.

2005 was a hard year for Clara.

Time is not made of strawberries.

The Doctor’s been to this alien world before – and he had his granddaughter for company.

The vast number of different alien species on display suggests that Luke Skywalker might have been there too.

Not all of the aliens are new to Doctor Who.

The locals use an unconventional form of currency.

Riding a motorcycle in “The Bells Of St John” has given the Doctor a taste for bikes.

The Doctor has a Professor Brian Cox-style cosmology moment.

And briefly acts like he’s in Indiana Jones.

Some of the creature design could have walked out of a Guillermo del Toro movie.

Looking for good scones? You should go to the Lake District c1927.

Beware the alarm clock!

Never underestimate the power of a good sing-song.

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dialogue excerpts from DWM are;

Rings of Akhaten:

CLARA: "So what's it made of? Time? I mean, if you can rotor through it, it must be made of...stuff. Like, jam's made of strawberries, So what's it made of?"
    DOCTOR: "Not strawberries. That would be unacceptable."

Cold War:

SKALDAK: "This planet. This angry planet. Both sides locked in a never ending stalemate. I now have all the information I require. It will only take one missile to begin the process, to end this...cold war."
    DOCTOR: "Grand Marshal, it doesn't have to be this way. Listen to me."
    SKALDAK: "My distress call has not been answered. My people are dead. They are dust. There is nothing left for me except my revenge."

Hide:

CLARA: "So I am a ghost. To you, I'm a ghost. We're all ghosts to you. We must be nothing."
    DOCTOR: "No, you're not that."
    CLARA: "Then what are we? What can we possibly be?"
    DOCTOR: "The only mystery worth solving."

Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS:

DOCTOR: "Here's the mission. We're gonna find Clara in one hour."
    BRAM: "What makes you think we'll help?"

The Doctor presses switches. A deep siren starts to wail. The TARDIS starts venting steam from the floor.

DOCTOR: "I just activated the self-destruct system. One hour till the ship blows. Don't try to leave. The TARDIS is in lockdown. I'll open those doors when Clara is by my side."
    BRAM: "You crazy lunatic."
    DOCTOR: "My ship--my rules."
    GREGOR: "You'll kill as all. And her!"
    DOCTOR: "She's going to die if you don't help me. Don't get into a spaceship with a madman. Didn't they ever tell you?"

Doctor Who: now officially more about ghosts. :D
    Forum Member
    Some interesting dialogue snippets there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I just love how much of a madman he seems in these episodes to come, makes me so excited!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    these are being spread around fan sites/pages on FB

Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS :

The TARDIS has crashed, Clara is lost inside, and the Doctor has 30 minutes before his ship explodes!

The Crimson Horror :

Something ghastly is afoot in Victorian Yorkshire, as bodies are found with their skin a waxy, glowing red.

Nightmare In Silver :

Hedgewick’s World of Wonders: the perfect theme park day out – and ground zero for a deadly silver resurrection.

Finale :

Someone is kidnapping the Doctor’s friends, leading him towards the one place in all of time and space that he should never go.

Neat teasery plots....and the finale looks set to be something almighty! :O cannot wait for the official plot teasers....love the ad for Nightmare In Silver!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Very interesting synopses. I believe they came from BBC South Africa's entertainment page :)
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to the finale.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Finale :

Someone is kidnapping the Doctor’s friends, leading him towards the one place in all of time and space that he should never go.!

ohhhhhhhhhhh interesting! :D:cool:
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    ohhhhhhhhhhh interesting! :D:cool:

So let us clarify...
    Someone is kidnapping Vastra, Jenny, Strax & possibly River

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    So let us clarify...
    :p

don't be silly, it's clearly going to be Ian, Polly, Tegan and Peri.....:rolleyes::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    don't be silly, it's clearly going to be Ian, Polly, Tegan and Peri.....:rolleyes::p

Kidnapped by The Rani (Clara) and brought to the Death Zone to face John Hurt's Master in the 50th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kidnapped by The Rani (Clara) and brought to the Death Zone to face John Hurt's Master in the 50th.

Now we're on the same page......except it's Donna whose the Rani....:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Carey Mulligan will reprise her role as Sally in the finale...

Oh, come on. It's no worse than some of the things I've read on here! :p
    Forum Member
    It's not the worst thing ever posted here but it's doubtful though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blogtor talking Ep2 & 3 at parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hANx5slsJUE
    Cold War: Is it the best Mark Gatiss episode?

Yes - one of the best Matt Smith episodes.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    So it's confirmed that they're looking for a replacement for Caroline Skinner, and Doctor Who will officially remain in production until at least December 2014.

For now I'll stick with Series 8A being on in Spring 2014, and Series 8B being on in Autumn 2014. A possible Series 9 could follow in 2015, but that's just my speculation :)

GB members seem to think Series 8 will debut in Autumn 2014, and there will be a hiatus in 2015, possibly due to a departure from Moffat. We'll have to wait and see :)
    Forum Member
    It seems that we might be seeing Clara's parents in Saturday's episode, The Rings Of Akhaten (Ellie and Dave). There's a picture of them on Page 14 of DWM 459 with them and a younger Clara talking to the Doctor.

We already met Clara's mother in the prequel for The Bells Of Saint John. Apparently she's dead in the present day though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member

"One of the best Matt Smith episodes"

God - Cameron K Mckewan is such a troll - not sure why he still watches the show if he disapproves of Moffat's direction so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "One of the best Matt Smith episodes"

God - Cameron K Mckewan is such a troll - not sure why he still watches the show if he disapproves of Moffat's direction so much.

He is entitled to his own opinion like anyone here. No right or wrong.
This discussion has been closed.