Options

The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite.
    Only on DS could someone COMPLETE a marathon, then get slagged off because they didn't do it quickly enough.:rolleyes:

Indeed, especially when their name is Katie Price. She could cure cancer and some would still use it as a way to slag her off. I can't stand her but, once again, there are enough reasons to criticise her without this nonsense
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tsarina wrote: »
    I'm not being blinkered :cool: Just stating what are the facts. People seem to think it is impossible but I would hazard a guess that a good majority of you could do it :)

Eddie Izzard was stupendous. Now that is something that I couldn't do. Not enough dedication ;)

Chavvy has nothing to do with it?

I could never fit the training schedule required into my lifestyle... the Race for Life is something that is a big girlie day out for friends and family... young and old... able bodied or not and when we are finished the menfolk tell us how amazing we are and take us all for a meal... I quite literally cannot imagine ever doing the marathon even at a walk.

I will join the Eddie love what he did was awe inspiring,
  • Options
    tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not slagging her off for running the marathon. My initial post on this was about celebs using London Marathon to up their publicity and pretending it was for charity.

I then followed on by saying that pretty much anyone could do it with time and dedication.

My husband ran his first and only London Marathon at the age of 62. Started training in October from a standing start. It can be done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not slagging her off for running the marathon. My initial post on this was about celebs using London Marathon to up their publicity and pretending it was for charity.

I then followed on by saying that pretty much anyone could do it with time and dedication.

My husband ran his first and only London Marathon at the age of 62. Started training in October from a standing start. It can be done.

62! :eek: I'm half that age and I couldn't do it in a week. I feel very very unfit right now *cries into Jammie Dodger*
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If everyone could do it easily, everyone would. It is not easy, it takes work, dedication and time. And people who complete it deserve respect for that, if nothing else.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone could do it easily, everyone would. It is not easy, it takes work, dedication and time. And people who complete it deserve respect for that, if nothing else.

Takes a lot of work and dedication that the average fun runner has to fit in around doing what they do everyday (i.e. doing a proper days work/ looking after family/ etc).

I would bow down to any ordinary fun runner who runs any marathon and would kiss their feet but I wouldn't a celeb. (more time on their hands to train/ personal and nutritional trainers/ money to get the best gear...)
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She pulled out of the London Marathon in 2010 and 2011 because of a knee injury apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1376404/Katie-Price-pulls-London-Marathon-2nd-year-running-blaming-knee.html

A knee injury she suffered in 2009. :D
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member

Of course they can. If you want to then you can. It doesn't take uber determination. It takes good sense,building up your running capacity,be it by speed walking,jogging or short sprints.It's hard on the day but adrenaline kicks in mightily with every mile completed & you absorb the sheer unadulterated support of the spectators.
    As for the comment,
    If everyone could do it easily, everyone would

....wrong. There are thousands & thousands of people who could do it easily but they just can't be bothered. Many would rather just look cool at the gym than put fit bodies to use for the good of others . Simple as that. I did it with three months minimal training and it wasn't in the least hard to train when you have a goal . People running marathons do it for a charity close to their hearts,or for a personal challenge,or for publicity. KP did it for the latter, as she usually does when she knows that cameras will be there .
    Oh the drama of her hobbling along with her bandaged knee !
    Such a shame she chose to inform everyone that she was running knickerless. :(
    Tasteless tart. She disgusts me .
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    She pulled out of the London Marathon in 2010 and 2011 because of a knee injury apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1376404/Katie-Price-pulls-London-Marathon-2nd-year-running-blaming-knee.html

I suffered a back injury 33 years ago while pregnant and even now the problem recurs. I would think running on a knee that as suffered a previous injury could cause that to recur.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    7h 11m You're right, she completed it, that's about all

She had just miscarried her baby.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True Salty. It would have flared up during training if it was a bad injury, not waited until the actual day she was running.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    She had just miscarried her baby.

If she had just lost a baby, she should not have attempted to run.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you even supposed to run 26 miles whilst pregnant?
  • Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the marathon she ran a few days after she says she miscarried? The one she was apparently bleeding at, she then said as someone else points out she wasn't wearing any pants? I smell a rat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    If she had just lost a baby, she should not have attempted to run.

And if she hadn't it would have been another reason for people who don't like her to moan about her. At the minute she is being slated for not doing a marathon and being slated for doing a marathon. Sorry Katie its the law you really can't win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Is this the marathon she ran a few days after she says she miscarried? The one she was apparently bleeding at, she then said as someone else points out she wasn't wearing any pants? I smell a rat.

I am pretty sure that had it been the case that Katie made it up Peter or Can would never have sat on that little nugget for all these years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure that had it been the case that Katie made it up Peter or Can would never have sat on that little nugget for all these years.

KP said it herself. Something to do with a pre-marathon sports massage where they had to strip to their underwear. She said she wasn't wearing any. If I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not necessarily. I mean Peter has still yet to reveal " the real reason he left" so he can keep quiet when he wants.
    I just think there's something suspect about it. She was also filmed a few days prior to the marathon, she was waiting for something and she was talking about how she had no pants on (was she waiting for some kind if beauty treatment? ) and she was being quite crude. But if she had just miscarried, she wouldn't be wearing no pants.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of stories here about the 'miscarriage' she had before the 2009 marathon.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=katie%20price%20marathon%202009%20miscarriage&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=51a2b47f571cda6f&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.d2k&biw=1280&bih=909

Yes, she hobbled on and finished it, but it got her plenty of sympathy and the usual column inches. Odd how she can run - and finish - a marathon after a miscarriage, but a knee injury makes her pull out every time. Yes, I realise these things can flare up from time to time, but she shouldn't promise to do these runs then pull out if her medical history with the knee is dodgy, she just shouldn't volunteer to do them in the first place. IIRC, she's done fun runs and half-marathons on this knee - if it was that bad, she shouldn't be able to run at all.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Are you even supposed to run 26 miles whilst pregnant?

Paula Radcliffe had no problem
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salty
    NO ONE knew about the miscarriage when she ran the marathon.. That only came out months later..
  • Options
    Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    absolute rubbish about her miscarriage - can't believe people are buying that. As others have pointed out she would have still been bleeding days after so she would have to wear pants - I would imagine that using a tampon would be a no-no as an infection risk. She would have also felt quite ill and shaky for a few days afterwards. IF she had miscarried and then said she couldn't run for that reason, as disliked as she is, most people would have understood. She's a born liar.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolute rubbish about her miscarriage - can't believe people are buying that. As others have pointed out she would have still been bleeding days after so she would have to wear pants - I would imagine that using a tampon would be a no-no as an infection risk. She would have also felt quite ill and shaky for a few days afterwards. IF she had miscarried and then said she couldn't run for that reason, as disliked as she is, most people would have understood. She's a born liar.

A lot of us aren't ;) Good post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Andre CONFIRMED they had suffered a miscarriage just before they split..
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    KP said it herself. Something to do with a pre-marathon sports massage where they had to strip to their underwear. She said she wasn't wearing any. If I remember correctly.

I definatly read that, she said she ran wearing no pants and was bleeding.
This discussion has been closed.