Options

- The La Roux Appreciation Thread -

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They are BACK! Adore Elly Jacksons style and voice...and adore their ode to 80s Synth/New Wave styles.

in 2009 their debut and FLorence + The machine were the sound of my summer with their respective albums.

And here thus a new album is on the way exactly 5 years since their previous album.

They premiered their official lead song "Uptight Downtown" today on Zane Lowes show...and it is a corker...just beautiful and free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCLiNDx1qU

their buzz single "Let Me Down gently" was released a few weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOTEx7p-IkM

And again it is so beautiful...almost chillout and ambient....really cannot wait for Trouble in Paradise to be released on 7th July.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Out the two tracks above, 'Uptight Downtown' definitely stood out more on first listening!

Like both the tracks though, Will be interesting to hear the full album on July 7th :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really cannot wait for that album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexotheque and Paradise Is You have leaked. As did Kiss and Not Tell but it's almost instantly vanished without a trace.

Sexotheque has the best hook so far from Trouble. Paradise is a beautiful mid-tempo number, quite transcendent.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like their new single Uptight Downturn. It is quite a contrast to Bulletproof, which I also liked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long until the album is released :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Not long until the album is released :-)

Listening to it just now. Really enjoying it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to apologise to Lana Del Rey...I feel La Roux has taken the top spot of my albums of 2014.....all 9 songs are perfect...I adore the very late 70s/80s vibe they still echo as a band...but also that fusion of styles...its Synth its New Wave its Funk its kinda Latino Disco influenced and Spacey with subtle darkness and warmth...A real treat <3
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts I like the album, it's softer warmer and consistently we'll rounded and good. That said it still lacks something I'm not sure what but that edge that pulse is totally missing. It's a little too concise and streamlined without a standout moment that mahes me think wow. Their debut was fresh vibrant dark and all kinds if wonderful. TIP is too safe doesn't advance and overall keeps things more ore less the sane. For an artist with so much talent it's like is this it no matter how good.