Options

Strictly Confidential (Series Three) - Semi Final

Comments

• Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well..... it's the one where his fans say he 'sold out' (it was with Timbaland).

I'm surprised you haven't heard it though, it was everywhere a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OgwDVaCiSw

(I didn't realise until a few months after that the boxer Wladimir Klitchko was in the video, he looks younger than he is!)

I'm not surprised his fans weren't keen - his voice doesn't suit that genre at all, and he looks a bit uncomfortable in the video!
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well..... it's the one where his fans say he 'sold out' (it was with Timbaland).

I'm surprised you haven't heard it though, it was everywhere a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OgwDVaCiSw

(I didn't realise until a few months after that the boxer Wladimir Klitchko was in the video, he looks younger than he is!)
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I'm not surprised his fans weren't keen - his voice doesn't suit that genre at all, and he looks a bit uncomfortable in the video!

The chorus doesn't sound too bad, but on the verse I definitely agree with Izzie, it's a juxtapositioning of two very contrasting styles and it doesn't really work... but no, I've never heard it before!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LINES HAVE NOW CLOSED

Last night, after our couples danced a dance from the year they were born and a Paso Doble Marathon, our first finalists were revealed to be Vivienne Westwood and Robin Windsor as they once again topped the leaderboard. :)

Five couples are still in with a chance, but only three of them will have a place in the final...which three will they be? ;-) Two of those finalists are decided on your votes, while the judges will choose the fourth finalist from third and fourth in the vote.

However, before that, we must sadly lose our first semi-finalist, who is leaving automatically due to the vote.

The person finishing in sixth place is...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PRINCE & JOANNE CLIFTON :(

Unfortunately, you have missed out on a place in the final and will be leaving us automatically tonight. After two dance offs you, were looking to bounce back with your Samba, but at least you have the tequila props to drown your sorrows with!

You've been one of the most intriguing celebrities to partake in the series, adding you eclectic style to your dances and additions, but which forum member is behind the artist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS :(

Just like Nicki before him, Prince seems to have hit a stumbling block with the voters in the past few rounds (I'm saying nothing), despite some fantastic performances from you. As I said in the above post, Prince has been one of the most eclectic and intriguing celebrities and that is all down to you and the effort you've put into his dances.

I'm sorry you haven't made the final, but I've loved your performances and choice of celebrity. Thank you for signing up. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, Prince/Jas won't be making the upcoming final after the votes left him exiting the competition, but our remaining semi finalists ALL have a chance of making the final, whether through the vote of through the judges. ;-)

Which three will it be? Let's find out! The second finalist is...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jas :( sorry to see you go! Well done for getting to the semi finals! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KELLY CLARKSON & TRENT WHIDDON! :)

Many congratulations to you on making the final! You just missed out on the automatic place in the final, but you're there anyway and that's what counts!

Joining Kelly and Vivienne in the final are...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JACK WHITEHALL & IVETA LUKOSIUTE! :)

Despite being of the male gender, you have battled on a made it to the final! Very well done to you. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That means that just one place remains, with two contestants waiting to know whether they will be the one to fill it...
    KATIE PIPER & Aljaz Skorjanec
    vs.
    CHORD OVERSTREET & Janette Manrara

Only one of you will be in the final...but who will it be? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDMUND BLACKADDER
    Chord Overstreet and Janette Manrara
    Well isn't this a sight for sore eyes. Katie, or Bob, as I'm allowed to call her, is up and down the leaderboard more than a yo-yo on a bungee chord! And speaking of Chords, we have the idiotically named glee-less train wreck who looks like he's been mowed down by an elephant before he even begins dancing. Frankly I want to eliminate you both, preferably in the style of "The Jump", except instead of skis you'd be attached to missiles, and instead of a jump it would be a cliff. However, I've voted to eliminate Katie before now, and I'm nothing if not consistent! So, Bob, sod off.

CARRIE ANN INABA
    Katie Piper and Aljaz Skorjanec

ANGELA MERKEL
    Anuffer tough decision vor poor Angela. After all, Jordan, you aff ze footwork and ze posture, but Chode, you aff ze energy und ze penis. It is vey rare zat I do not zave ze penis in efferyday life, politics especially, but zis is an exception because ze don't know zat I am here. Do not tell ze border agency. Mein vote goes to Katie, ze artist vormerly known as Jordan, und Alljaz.

NIGEL FARAGE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Katie and Aljaz who are our final finalists! :)

Unfortunately though, that does mean that we have to lose...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CHORD OVERSTREET & JANETTE MANRARA :(

Despite being consistently high on the leaderboard this series, you just miss out on the final, becoming our fifth-placed celebrity. :( It was a tricky time to fall to the bottom of the judges' leaderboard, and despite managing to avoid the automatic elimination, it wasn't enough to save you in the judges' eyes.

It's time to find out just who was playing your chords...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JESS :(

It's always hard to write an elimination message, but the hardest are always the first and the person who just misses out before the final, and the same goes to Jas too.

When you chose Chord as your celebrity, I was quite surprised, but seeing you use a few songs from the show along the way (which tied in nicely!), I started to get the idea that you might be a bit of a fan. :p

I'm sorry it hasn't quite worked out for you to go one better tonight, but thank you for signing up and I hope you've enjoyed it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to our finalists...
    KELLY CLARKSON
    KATIE PIPER
    VIVIENNE WESTWOOD
    JACK WHITEHALL

JAMIE (DingDong08)
    QUEENIE (dancing.queen)
    MYK (ChickenFromKiev)
    ROSS (Monsieur23)
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Jas :( sorry to see you go! Well done for getting to the semi finals! :)

Thank you Danny :) and Izzie in the post above :)

After the last few weeks in the bottom two I'm glad I got here after those two instances. But it's been really fun doing the series, so thank you judges and Izzie for letting me be one of my favourite musicians for the last couple of weeks :):p

Good Luck to the finalists
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Bad luck Jas and Jess. :( You've both been fantastic contestants and it must be agonising to go at the semi final. :(

:o:o How? How am I in the final? I can honestly only thank the voters and the judges for this (and of course, Izzie, for running the series fantastically). I promise that I won't let you down. Well, I'll try not to anyway. :p Good luck to all finalists! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dance One - Jive
    'C'est la Vie' (Bob Seger)
    As with the Paso in the semis, this a dance that none have you have attempted so I decided you will ALL be dancing it. However...you will all be dancing to the above song, so there will be no song choice needed. Instead, you will design the stage set-up. This can include projections, lighting, screen effects and stage 'dressing', but no choreography.

Dance Two - Best to Impress (Reprise)
    Way back when the series started, you each chose a dance that you felt would be best suited to your celebrity with a song choice...this time you're choosing the same dance again, but with a different song and a storyline. The dances are:

Jack and Iveta - Foxtrot
    Katie and Aljaz - Foxtrot
    Kelly and Trent - Tango
    Vivienne and Robin - Waltz

Dance Three - Showdance
    The usual rules with a showdance, in that there aren't any! All that is required is a song choice and costumes (totalling no more than 300 words).

Deadline for these routines: MIDDAY SUNDAY
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,105
    Forum Member
    Well done guys, commiserations Jessica and Jas'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Further commiserations to Jess :( you would have been a worthy finalist!

Best of luck to the final 4!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less than 24 hours to get those routines in! :)
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,917
    Forum Member
    Do we know when the final will be? I've already chewed all my nails to the quick. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    Do we know when the final will be? I've already chewed all my nails to the quick. :D

I'm still waiting on one set of marks, sorry! I'm hopeful for tomorrow - if we're still waiting then, I'll probably try and organise a guest judge. :)
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    I'll do it. ;)
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind guest judging. :)