CONFIRMED: Another EastEnders Pregnancy

bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
Forum Member
✭✭
According to Digital Spy detailed spoilers for next week:
"Ronnie reveals some important news to Jack - they're going to have their own baby together."

Another pregancy, but I'm pleased about this one! :)

Comments

• RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, this is a long time coming, I really hope she doesn't miscarry or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Oh god. This is getting ridiculous. Britain has an aging population for heaven's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have to say I'm not looking forward to Ronnie mopping around worrying about the baby, whether jack will be a good father, what Archie would think of his grandson and any other negative perspective. I can't see this a being a "ray of sunshine" given how predicated her character is on misery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! Pregnancy is so unrealistic! how can they think that the viewers will believe that a man and a woman could conceive a child together. unbelievable.

where's that number for ofcom...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh thats good.
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Is it bad I want Ronnie to go through a post natal depression story.

It could easily happen what with her wanting a blonde baby girl like Danielle and ends up with a brown haird baby boy.
  • Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! Pregnancy is so unrealistic! how can they think that the viewers will believe that a man and a woman could conceive a child together. unbelievable.

:D:D:D
  • nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    Is it bad I want Ronnie to go through a post natal depression story.

It could easily happen what with her wanting a blonde baby girl like Danielle and ends up with a brown haird baby boy.

No, I'd like that too. But not so much about @danielle" angle as this time it wasn't planned. i'd like a story where she has a hard birth, where maybe she gets sedated. when she wakes, she struggles to bond with the baby and find it as easy as she hoped, so she convinces herself it isn't her baby. The main reason I'd like the story is that isn't "tragedy" per se but gives Sam a chance for a big storyline with heartbreaking scenes.
    Forum Member

Given that the EE "community" comprises about 50 characters (people), then in this day and age, it is rather unrealistic to have a series of 4 pregnancies over the space of a year.

As I'm sure you did before making your sarky remark, such a ratio is well above the national average for births. So, yep, it is unrealistic.
    Forum Member
    No, I'd like that too. But not so much about @danielle" angle as this time it wasn't planned. i'd like a story where she has a hard birth, where maybe she gets sedated. when she wakes, she struggles to bond with the baby and find it as easy as she hoped, so she convinces herself it isn't her baby. The main reason I'd like the story is that isn't "tragedy" per se but gives Sam a chance for a big storyline with heartbreaking scenes.

I would agree it is a good storyline - but not really for Ronnie. It is just getting monotonous now with her misery. I think it would've been better for either Heather or Zainab or even Stacey, though as she is leaving it probably couldn't have been treated adequately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Ronnie reveals some important news to Jack - they're going to have their own baby together."

Good news, but being Ronnie, how long will that last?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Is the actress pregnant by any chance? Seems she's been wearing very smock-like clothes for the last few weeks. Let's hope that this can be a problem free pregnancy and birth for a change!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus
    Sharon Marshall confirmed Kat was returning pregnant too! Getting a little bit much now :( Anyone else think they will write Pasty's pregnancy in aswelll LOL
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    As a Ronnie fan, it's fantastic news. :D
    I do hope EE make the s/l work within the character. She's not desperate for a baby nor is she some kind of baby monster. She struggled before and it's only right she'll struggle again, because it's in her character.
    Just hope they don't do an 'Amy' and have her vanish for days on end. :rolleyes:
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another pregnancy?:eek: EastEnders are obsessed with them. It's a joke now.
  • demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick to death of all these pregnancy storylines. Someone needs to tell TPTB that women can be used in other storylines!
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Filiman wrote: »
    I would agree it is a good storyline - but not really for Ronnie. It is just getting monotonous now with her misery. I think it would've been better for either Heather or Zainab or even Stacey, though as she is leaving it probably couldn't have been treated adequately.

See I disagree Ronnie has been desperate for a baby for a while and has all these ideas how its going to be all perfect that shes bound to be let down at some point whe she realises having a baby is hard work and its not all perfect.

Of course it wont be all misery because she will eventually bond with the baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    See I disagree Ronnie has been desperate for a baby for a while and has all these ideas how its going to be all perfect that shes bound to be let down at some point whe she realises having a baby is hard work and its not all perfect.

Of course it wont be all misery because she will eventually bond with the baby.

I think that's why they are giving her this story-line, because it its something the character has wanted for a long time I admit there has being a lot of pregnancy plots recently but I see it as a way to explore a character and how they respond to the prospect of being a parent.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is ridiculous, as much as Ronnie properly deserves it more than any other character, all we are gonna have next year is a square full of babies and pregnant woman and we just know that she won't be the last.

It's making me wonder if they doing it to create future characters for the show of certain families.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they decide to run a PND storyline then they are going to be hard pushed to get anyone to notice any difference in her.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tombstone wrote: »
    If they decide to run a PND storyline then they are going to be hard pushed to get anyone to notice any difference in her.

:p yeah they really won't know if it the baby blues or moody ones not really a huge range of emotions coming from dear old Ronnie.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Oh joy:rolleyes:
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt this one's real, she's most likely just imagining it.
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. I do hope Sam's baby is Jacks too. This would be much better!
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    I bet it dies or something while she gives birth.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing Ronnie, it will probably be born with 6 heads or something...and the father will probaby be Peggy somehow.