Buried

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else can't wait to see this film? I think it looks fantastic (even though not a lot has been shown) but the premise is fantastic and has been getting great reviews

Comments

• Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Yep, I for one am looking forward to it.

But then I would watch a film about 2 flies crawling up a wall for an hour if there was a glimpse of RR at the top :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »
    Yep, I for one am looking forward to it.

But then I would watch a film about 2 flies crawling up a wall for an hour if there was a glimpse of RR at the top :D

Wow! You truely are a loyal fan of Roland Rat! ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Can't wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks interesting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very brave writer thats for sure. Literally all you see is a man in a box for 90 minutes, no flashbacks and no view of people trying to help. Apparently Reynolds is amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very brave writer thats for sure. Literally all you see is a man in a box for 90 minutes, no flashbacks and no view of people trying to help. Apparently Reynolds is amazing.

You must see people trying to find him?
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member

RR for 90 uninterrupted minutes ?

I will be in heaven :)

No, not Roland Rat !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to seeing this. Looks great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    You must see people trying to find him?

Nope. Well this is based on reviews and peoples comments. But no you see nothing like that it is literally just him in a box with a phone and limited light.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am excited for this!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    the trailer for it that's been on tv makes it look truly awful, especially with that ridiculously deep voice narration which usually signifies a stinker but the reviews for it have been pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I saw it last week.

Considering it is literally Ryan in a box throughout, it has you gripped till the end.

It's quite intense too, maybe not for the claustrophobic ones among you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this just a bloke in a box for 95 minutes?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it last week.

Considering it is literally Ryan in a box throughout, it has you gripped till the end.

Would you class it as an horror film? Is it jumpy?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking forward to this as well. I've never thought of RR as an amazing actor but I'm hoping I may change my mind after this film. Can't wait :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Am really looking forward to seeing this, but how does it keep you engaged if there are no flash backs etc to fill the back story?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it last week.

What does he do in there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kardo wrote: »
    Am really looking forward to seeing this, but how does it keep you engaged if there are no flash backs etc to fill the back story?

Nothing too bad but for people who want to know nothing don't look at this.
    Ermmm (I think) he has lmited light resources like a low battery torch, lighter, glowsticks. He has 90 minutes of air and a cell phone with tiny reception and tiny battery. He recieves calls from his captors and also tries to phone the police.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to watch it. It looks like it's going to be a challenge, so will be interesting to see how they pull it off.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    It looks good, but the subject is one of my worst fears. I wouldn't be able to watch it so I read the script online last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Would you class it as an horror film? Is it jumpy?

No I went in expecting a horror but it was more of an intense thriller/drama.

Basically he's been buried alive but has been buried with a mobile phone. He uses it to communicate with people and try to escape.

It's worth going to see, like I said I was gripped until the end which is something considering it's a one person film!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it really is a film about a man trapped in a box for 90 minutes. And no, his name isn't Jack. ;)

It's really a throwback to a time when studios were happy for the likes of Hitchcock to push what they could do in telling a story on film. Sadly no-one in Hollywood today cares, as long as their film makes the moolah.

Considering that Reynolds is in shot for the entire film (and for that reason, it's easy to say he's the best thing in it!) he and the director to a great job of holding the attention of an audience for so long. There are a few lulls along the way, but overall it's gripping stuff.

Review here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole premises of the story sounds really interesting and the fact it has been getting good reviews makes it a must see.

I need to find someone to go with me because my boyfriend is claustrophobic and he quickly said 'no!' to watching it. My sister said she is not interested in watching a man trapped in a box for 90 minutes (:rolleyes:), so I will have to convince one of my mates to tag along with me.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I didn't read their review though as all of DS's movie reviews are full of SPOILERS! Something i hate!

I'm going off on a tangent but can DS's movie critic stop reviewing films with blatant spoilers for those who have not seen it and might just like an objective review?