Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chopan wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Co-Operative Insurance advert where the girl is in the passenger seat with the cab driver? He looks kind of creepy.

He's not a cab driver, he's the girls dad. At least that's what I assumed.
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    "Mum, I need money for my phone"

Get a job then you rude little shit.
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't the ad where a woman says "I am a ..................................................................wedding florist. It is for business cards and everytime I try to make out what the last word that she says is. It could be "proper", pronounced" proppa" or "pukka". Any way I don't like her.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Not about a bad advert but just for a change an ad is championing a father.

It's for McDonald charities.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The current one for Walkers - this needs a little background: back in 2009, they did a "Do Us a Flavour" promotion to get us to come up with new flavours as they were too lazy to do so themselves. They've done it again in 2014.

One of the flavours that was made was hot dog flavour - so Gary Lineker is running a stall and asks people to do a blind taste test between an actual hot dog and a hot dog flavoured crisp and asks which one's the crisp. Unless you've done it wrong, it would be easy to tell the difference between the two: hot dogs normally aren't crunchy.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the one is where that eminently punchable, smirking tosspot drives an imaginary car in a car park.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Whatever the one is where that eminently punchable, smirking tosspot drives an imaginary car in a car park.

That's Pheel. :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Apple. Can they produce an advert that isn't annoying?

This time with some awful depressing song.
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The butter advert with the very annoying guy dancing round his kitchen to "Gold" by Spandau Ballet.
    He then turns round to find his kids filming him.

"Don't put it on YouTube" - SHUT UP!!!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    MK184 wrote: »
    The butter advert with the very annoying guy dancing round his kitchen to "Gold" by Spandau Ballet.
    He then turns round to find his kids filming him.

"Don't put it on YouTube" - SHUT UP!!!

And the idiot doing the singing voiceover does it out of tune and out of time. Hideous.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,532
    Forum Member
    The heinz ketchup advert that shows people squeezing/pouring sauce out of an invisible bottle, riles me right up and the song doesn't help either!
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »

thanks for correcting me :) ... so an advert from 14 years ago still on .... it was bad enough the Minstrels ad with male strippers was on over and over ... one assumes these companies can't be assed making new ads??
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BT advert where that tit of a dad says "Where would we be without our super-duper fibre optic doodah ?"
    Pillock.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,993
    Forum Member
    "Okay Google, what is a rockhopper penguin?"
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,532
    Forum Member
    the Halfords advert where the kid walks towards the camera licking an ice cream....
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert pretending to be an imformative programme, recent culprit is Finish.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Hypnosss wrote: »
    Any advert pretending to be an imformative programme, recent culprit is Finish.

I hate that advert so much.
  • Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    valkay wrote: »

Ugh! even worse, every time I see him, it reminds me of someone who lives nearby! >:(
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Say what?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Is the Dr Beckman washing machine cleaner voice the same as the creepy Legion character from Red Dwarf ? The one who absorbs their minds.
    As that's all I think about when its on.

Wow now you have mentioned that it has become so obvious, I knew the voice reminded me of something but couldn't remember who/what

Interestingly i am currently working through my Red Dwarf dvd's and i am onto the series he appears in, I wonder if i would have realised
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MK184 wrote: »
    He's not a cab driver, he's the girls dad. At least that's what I assumed.

Why does she give him a look like she has caught him doing something he shouldn't?

I can only think it is because he hasn't got his seat belt on, but what has that got to do with the product being advertised?
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BT advert where that tit of a dad says "Where would we be without our super-duper fibre optic doodah ?"
    Pillock.

You forgot to mention he uses "epic" at the end ... what is everyones fascination with that word? Its ridiculous
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oak furniture land....."gold for the price of silver".......urghhhhhh.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    You forgot to mention he uses "epic" at the end ... what is everyones fascination with that word? Its ridiculous

Why does the fawning girlfriend say "like peas in a pod" at one point?
    what's she on about?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,591
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Not about a bad advert but just for a change an ad is championing a father.

It's for McDonald charities.

I hate that ad ... 'Dad's voice' >:(

The editing is appalling..... Glitter all over the table, next shot it's all gone and no glitter on the picture :o And they use the 'Princess' word >:(
This discussion has been closed.