Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread

mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
Forum Member
I thought it was about time someone made this thread. It's DS after all ;)

Pleasantly surprised by this story. Danny Miller's stepped up his game and there's actually chemistry between the two. Ryan Hawley is really good as Robert - I like how dastardly he is.

Intrigued to see if they'll be involved in Katie's exit and how/when it'll all come out. Before the wedding? During?

Comments

• Options
    Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    Second post. :cool:

I'm really intrigued by this pairing. I didn't expect to like the recast of Robert but he's really interesting. Can't wait to see what they've got coming up!
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Evening *doffs cap*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    FINALLY. :D

I love them.

You all know this. ;)
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Well hello.

:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    Hello!

*pulls up a chair*

:)
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh lord it's like a school reunion. Will we never learn?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I reckon/hope they'll be found out either during or after.

Bit of sad face from Aaron, desperate little quickie with Robert cause he can't resist, Aaron will sit through the ceremony then it'll come out in the pub after. Possibly after sharing a moment or someone saw them previously.

I hope that's what happens anyway. :p

ETA: Hahaha no, Ally, no we won't. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Intrigued to see if they'll be involved in Katie's exit and how/when it'll all come out. Before the wedding? During?
    I'm not really qualified to answer as I haven't got the feel of the show yet. During is more soapy though.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it was about time someone made this thread. It's DS after all ;)

Pleasantly surprised by this story. Danny Miller's stepped up his game and there's actually chemistry between the two. Ryan Hawley is really good as Robert - I like how dastardly he is.

BIB - I hadn't really seen any of Danny's stuff before and so have been very pleasantly surprised by his performance. The chemistry between them is very good in the sense that they are conveying 'I want to sh*g you silly' very well. I wonder if their story will develop more romantically? I know that some people are not liking the Robert as bisexual sl (as a new viewer I can't really comment) however, I find it plausible. Robert, to me, appears arrogant - a man who likes to get what he wants and he appears to want a bit of drama and excitement with Aaron. I am quite invested in Aaron already though so don't want Robert to muck him about too much :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    I reckon/hope they'll be found out either during or after.

Bit of sad face from Aaron, desperate little quickie with Robert cause he can't resist, Aaron will sit through the ceremony then it'll come out in the pub after. Possibly after sharing a moment or someone saw them previously.

Yeah I don't think Robert would pull out on the wedding - not only does he have too much to lose but he does actually love her (ish) - so I could definitely see a big wedding reveal - that'd be fun!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    Oh lord it's like a school reunion. Will we never learn?

*eats the nibbles*

No ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will come out,so to speak, for ages. Too good a reveal to waste so quickly. More likely to come out at Roberts wedding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I don't think Robert would pull out on the wedding - not only does he have too much to lose but he does actually love her (ish) - so I could definitely see a big wedding reveal - that'd be fun!

BIB *giggles*

Sorry!! :D

I think he does have feelings for her too. ATM he is getting his leg over and it's quite easy. If feelings start to surface, it'll get messy. During the wedding probably :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think it will come out,so to speak, for ages. Too good a reveal to waste so quickly. More likely to come out at Roberts wedding.

When are they actually due to get married?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry Tezza you meant Robert wedding. Was thinking of Andys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Hate the story, I love Aaron but they have made him in to Robert's bitch.

The actor who plays Robert is awful and not even good looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BIB - I hadn't really seen any of Danny's stuff before and so have been very pleasantly surprised by his performance. The chemistry between them is very good in the sense that they are conveying 'I want to sh*g you silly' very well. I wonder if their story will develop more romantically? I know that some people are not liking the Robert as bisexual sl (as a new viewer I can't really comment) however, I find it plausible. Robert, to me, appears arrogant - a man who likes to get what he wants and he appears to want a bit of drama and excitement with Aaron. I am quite invested in Aaron already though so don't want Robert to muck him about too much :(

Well you know it'll have Aaron in tears - it's his speciality ;) but see, I really like bastard Robert (the scenes where he was vile to Lawrence calling him queer etc were really good) so I don't mind if there's a bit of nastiness! :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell do you refresh in phone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh sorry Tezza you meant Robert wedding. Was thinking of Andys.

Imagine if it did come out during Andy's wedding.

Speaking of which, I'm sure we're all ecstatic to see Andy in a Geri Halliwell dress this week. ;-)

ETA: As long as the pushing and shoving doesn't stop, I'm set. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

On the contrary I think he's great and good looking :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've seen Danny in Scott and Bailey, and he was fine in that, but I've obviously heard all the stuff about how uncomfortable he's seemed in intimate scenes in Emmerdale before. So I've been pleasantly surprised too, and I'm convinced they've sat him down in front of Stendan to give him some pointers.:kitty:

I don't know Robert's background at all, and I haven't seen enough to be able to guess what he's up to with his relationship with *insert girlfriend's name*:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    On the contrary I think he's great and good looking :p

Well if you like men with big noses and awful hair then great.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Do you dislike the story because Aaron is being played? In truth this is an appreciation thread so you're not going to get much concurrence here. I am not sure he's Robert's bitch at all, he has been very willing and clearly can stand his ground when he wants to e.g. the wing mirrors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh is that who Andy is supposed to be? I did wonder
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought we were talking about Robert's wedding. Oops.:p
    Well you know it'll have Aaron in tears - it's his speciality ;) but see, I really like bastard Robert (the scenes where he was vile to Lawrence calling him queer etc were really good) so I don't mind if there's a bit of nastiness! :blush:
    I didn't know about this.:blush:
This discussion has been closed.