Primark breast feeding woman admits she made it up

shaun_davidsshaun_davids Posts: 813
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-34346798

Why would you want to say a security guard took your baby from you?

Surely she knew she couldn't get away with it a public store with people around and cctv.

Comments

• Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid woman but prison isn't necessary.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »

I actually think a few months inside might teach her to wind her neck in and behave herself, before her lies mean somebody else winds up in prison for something they didn't do.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed dodgy at the time - primark were adamant that no evidence existed to prove her claim. I don't think jail is necessary either but I guess it depends - does she have previous? Was it racially motivated? Could be any number of mitigating factors that might make the judge consider jail.
  • talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prison is a possibility and should be, lying in order to bring about a prosecution of an innocent person or company is not a trival matter, if the courts let people and there was no serious punishment, then would that not encourage more people to do the same thing?
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I hope she gets jailed
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    I actually think a few months inside might teach her to wind her neck in and behave herself, before her lies mean somebody else winds up in prison for something they didn't do.

Lets hope she isn't a single mother then. If she is, then not only are we going to fork out for her prison time but for potential fostering costs too.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the facebook outrage mob who called for the guard to be sacked/crucidied/ tarred and feathered, will be issuing an apology?
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Lets hope she isn't a single mother then. If she is, then not only are we going to fork out for her prison time but for potential fostering costs too.

I'll pay for it if you like. Bang her up. Silly cow.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

Doesn't she have a partner or family?
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope the time inside includes some psych time to perhaps straighten her out a bit so she won't do anything stupid like that again
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I remember, she just whinged about it on Facebook and it was whipped up by a group who thought she was telling the truth. I don't think there's a need for jail, based on what we know so far. It's not like she'll ever be able to try it again. I'm glad it went to court for the company's sake and the security guard's,
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Let's hope this is read by the people on here and elsewhere that were so indignant when some fm's suggested she may have made it up.

"Why would she make it up?"

=
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »
    As far as I remember, she just whinged about it on Facebook and it was whipped up by a group who thought she was telling the truth. I don't think there's a need for jail, based on what we know so far. It's not like she'll ever be able to try it again. I'm glad it went to court for the company's sake and the security guard's,

Yes, I think that's what happened, and in this scenario any decent person would then admit that they were lying immediately, rather than let it drag on as it did. The poor security guard must have been under a lot of stress for quite some time. Stupid, selfish woman.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more than a bit stupid to make up such a thing in a store full of CCTV.
  • shaun_davidsshaun_davids Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    It's more than a bit stupid to make up such a thing in a store full of CCTV.

It makes you wonder what he said to her to make her go so crazy she would go so far as to take this to court or is she one of those people who just goes crazy over anything.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member

That's my recollection too. Someone dumb enough to post a fabrication on social media and then unable to control the consequences, nothing new there. It would be just wilfully vindictive to cart her off to gaol, but society these days seems to get off on it.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst the initial incident itself may appear relatively trivial, given how easily it was cleared up by CCTV, perverting the course is justice is treated as a very serious offence.
    As far as I remember, she just whinged about it on Facebook and it was whipped up by a group who thought she was telling the truth.

She was subsequently in the papers about it though, and also claimed she was going to press charges.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes you wonder what he said to her to make her go so crazy she would go so far as to take this to court or is she one of those people who just goes crazy over anything.

Who knows? Some people are just compulsive liars and/or attention seekers. Something people should take into account next time there's a claim which amounts to one persons word against another's and people say "but why would they lie". The answer is some people just do.

Fortunately in this case it was one person's word against another's and a store full of CCTV. Must have been an awful time for the security guard though, thinking he may lose his job, have legal action taken against him etc.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she should get some time in jail. All those resources and police time wasted on her false claim could have prevented a real crime and saved someone undue stress.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid woman. People like her would swear down that someone had committed a crime when they hadn't. Honestly...
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for her daughter :(

What a bizarre and idiotic thing to do. She obviously wanted some attention.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the security guard. Regardless of whether he did it or not. They would have still been dragged over the coals whilst this was investigated.
  • RykerRyker Posts: 264
    Forum Member

You'd think so, but remember the woman who made false allegations against the Hamiltons? She had previous for the same thing, but it didn't stop the police arresting the Hamiltons on her say so.

>:(
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seems fair, what did she expect to happen to the poor guy she set up?

Probably be a suspended sentence so she'll be laughing.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    They should look at what sentence the guard would have got if convicted and start upward of there when sentencing her.

There were shouts of sexual assault, kidnap being banded about at the time by some morons.