Tragedy at The hajj but why...

j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are the news reporting it as if fact the "the prophet payed here" ..."he gave. Last sermon from here" ...it is all hear say yet they have just told on sky news as tho it is written fact. These things happened .. Surely they should say. It is thought..or it us said ...or it is believed"

Comments

• IronwithinIronwithin Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Yes, its like saying this is where Humpty Dumpy fell off the wall like it was an actual fact.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    Do they need to? It's religious stuff. You shouldn't need to put in caveats before every sentence in case it offends another religion or it turns out not to be true.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Imagine the uproar if they said "this is where the so-called prophet Mohammed allegedly gave his last sermon".
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH were I a Muslim I'd be more upset that Sky News were treating it as fact, because nothing casts doubt on anything like that does...
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they need to? It's religious stuff. You shouldn't need to put in caveats before every sentence in case it offends another religion or it turns out not to be true.

I believe so, as to many take what they hear as the truth ...therefore they should not present it as the truth.....