Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends was in a pub in Manchester a few years ago and spotted Dwight Yorke. As he has no interest in football, didn't see the point in bothering him, but noticed Yorke was behaving like an arrogant idiot, boasting about how much he could pay for champagne, and accidentally knocked a glass over a girl next to him and didn't apologise.
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda Holden is awful
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m-river wrote: »
    Amanda Holden is awful

Yes, but where is the evidence?
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Been enjoying Hi de Hi re runs on BBC Two this week and wondered what the cast was like in real life. There's a recent video on You Tube where Ruth Madoc is approached by a Royal Marine in Liverpool who is a fan and she seemed really keen to chat with him, a complete stranger. Apparently she is really down to earth and keen to speak to fans. I know many of the cast are dead now, but has anyone met a star from this old sitcom?

I met Ruth Madoc she is super.
    I was in theatre and shewas chatting away to all she was member of the audiance.
    I had to stop myself to say'' Hi di hi'':)
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but where is the evidence?

the state of the miserable bints face on everyone's television is the evidence. just another attention seeking trollop and is very stuck up when you meet her
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been enjoying Hi de Hi re runs on BBC Two this week and wondered what the cast was like in real life. There's a recent video on You Tube where Ruth Madoc is approached by a Royal Marine in Liverpool who is a fan and she seemed really keen to chat with him, a complete stranger. Apparently she is really down to earth and keen to speak to fans. I know many of the cast are dead now, but has anyone met a star from this old sitcom?

I spotted Su Pollard sitting opposite me on the tube way back in the 90s , She was reading a newspaper but wearing all the bangles and necklaces that you'd possibly expect from her character, though she was on her own and not talking of course. On the Central line so possibly on her way to the BBC TV centre at the time maybe?

Also, used to spot Paul Whitehouse getting on the train at Clapton station (my local at the time) he used to live in Hackney. Again probably going into Liverpool St to get onto the Central line for the BBC centre at White City at the time (now closed)
    Like Su Pollard, he also had a newspaper with them, I think possibly it is way of keeping their head down so they avid eye contact or recognition when travelling.
    Or they could just want to read to pass the time...

The Scottish actress, Siobhan Redmond, who sat opposite me on the overground train once, who was reading Errol Flynn's biography "My Wicked wicked Ways"
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Ruth Madoc she is super.
    I was in theatre and shewas chatting away to all she was member of the audiance.
    I had to stop myself to say'' Hi di hi'':)
    That's good, just what I thought.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martine McCutcheon will be lucky to get stage work again after her behaviour when she was in My Fair Lady. No wonder Jonathan Pryce was exasperated by her She missed so many shows her understudy acted more than her. Then her understudy took ill. She actually left the cast five months early. I can't believe she won the Olivier Award, having played fewer performances than her understudy.

Martine missed so many shows because she was ill at the time.
  • bunny93bunny93 Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I've never met a celebrity :(

Has anyone on here met a comedian? I'm a comedy fan and would like to know which comedians are nice or not so nice :)
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not like she is anything special but a year or two back Katie Waissel (X factor alumni) played at a local pub of mine and apparantly was an absolute nightmare behaviour wise and didn't even complete her whole set

I also have it on record that Jason Donovan is one of the most boring people on this planet and comes across rather cold and distant

My sister bumped into Miranda Hart and Sarah Hadland on holiday and said they were like their onscreen characters completely, she was thrilled as she loves Miranda and said they were hilarious and warm at the same time

A good few years back I bumped into Patsy Palmer and embarrassingly (I was 14/15 at the time) shouted RICKY, she asked me what my name was only to shout JAKE at me which I thought was pretty cool and funny

Another one I have met is Michael Palin, during his O2 shows with MP I came across him walking around Greenwich before one of the shows and he was amazing, very gentle and intelligent and happy to pose for a picture for my dad

I have lots more mainly from family and friend I shall be back ASAP with more tales...
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »

More like lazy work shy mare, she is a horrid little munchkin with a vile attitude.

I have met a few Royals and there are three that are utter *****, no I won't name them as at least two of them will live for another forty years and the other one has enough trouble with the allegations concerning his life,ex wife and friends.

And I don't want a Royal Fatwa for daring to name them.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny93 wrote: »
    I've never met a celebrity :(

Has anyone on here met a comedian? I'm a comedy fan and would like to know which comedians are nice or not so nice :)

Bernard Manning was cracking to talk to, rather shy I thought, nice guy as well.

Jim Davidson is a **** **** of the highest order.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have met a few Royals and there are three that are utter *****, no I won't name them as at least two of them will live for another forty years and the other one has enough trouble with the allegations concerning his life,ex wife and friends.
    Maybe he's still trying to forget about his ex being shagged by Chris De Burgh whilst she was with him.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More like lazy work shy mare, she is a horrid little munchkin with a vile attitude.

And I don't want a Royal Fatwa for daring to name them.

We'd probably agree on the one of them.
  • bristolfarmerbristolfarmer Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »

No she wasn't, she was jaunting around Europe with her boyfriend at the time.
  • kazmartinskazmartins Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she wasn't, she was jaunting around Europe with her boyfriend at the time.

Yes, If I remember correctly she was off sick and photographed abroad having fun in the sun at the same time!! She does seem to come off as if she is entitled to, but we have many z listers like this.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    Can't really see Joanna doing this tbh. Story does not ring true.

I can sure you it is true, no reason to make it up whatsoever ever.
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Billy Bragg - top bloke, nuff said!!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bernard Manning was cracking to talk to, rather shy I thought, nice guy as well.

I can remember a mean joke about Bernard Manning on The Two Ronnies. It was a sketch in which Ronnie Corbett had to answer not the question just asked by Ronnie Barker but the preceeding question. It started something like:-

RB What do dustmen collect every week?
    RC (No answer)
    RB What do you think of the Bernard Manning Show?
    RC Rubbish :D
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I can remember a mean joke about Bernard Manning on The Two Ronnies. It was a sketch in which Ronnie Corbett had to answer not the question just asked by Ronnie Barker but the preceeding question. It started something like:-

RB What do dustmen collect every week?
    RC (No answer)
    RB What do you think of the Bernard Manning Show?
    RC Rubbish :D

There was one on Not The Nine O'Clock News - We regret to announce that the comedian Bernard Manning, who was told to lose six stone or die, has lost six stone.
  • Rosie PrimroseRosie Primrose Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Whilst I've not actually met him myself, John Nettles moved into our small rural community in Devon a few years ago. He does SO much for the community.
    He turns up at everything and tirelessly supports everything that's going on. Top bloke.
  • bunny93bunny93 Posts: 472
    Forum Member

That doesn't surprise me. Always thought he seemed like a tw*t
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I met Jeffrey Holland at a Blakes 7 Convention 3 or 4 years ago (his wife was in B7). Nice bloke. He joined in the Q & A session. He thought You Rang M 'Lord was the best series/ most underrated show he'd done.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    I met Jeffrey Holland at a Blakes 7 Convention 3 or 4 years ago (his wife was in B7). Nice bloke. He joined in the Q & A session. He thought You Rang M 'Lord was the best series/ most underrated show he'd done.

He's from my neck of the woods!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I met Pixie Lott at a gig yesterday - she was SO nice, and seemed exactly like she does in interviews etc. I'd heard good things about her before so it was nice to be able to back that up - she seems good at talking to her fans as if she knows them and puts you at ease. Oh and when I mentioned how much I enjoyed seeing her on Strictly Come Dancing she apologised for not doing better!!!