ALW and CM are GUTTED!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Keller wrote: »
    Sorry but they're the experts and it's clear they knew that Jessie was the best for the job and were very disappointed that the public voted wrong.

excuse me the public didnt vote wrong,jodie got majority of the vote so u trying to tell me that the majority of the public are wrong????????hmmmmi beg to differ,jodie IS nancy live with it,after all the insults on here frpm the ignorant people my god she does deserve it
  • simonb65simonb65 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Arrrrggggghhhh its like X-Factor with that Welsh bloke with the weird haircut and the Scottish bloke with zero personality all over again :D:D
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think CM and ALW are p*ssed off, just think about Simon Cowell after "Britain's got Talent" result.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    Ha! I always wanted Jodie to win, and she received an extra 4 votes from me for those two old misers clearly not liking her.

You proved them wrong, Jodie, you go girl!

Sorry - ALW and CM will make shedloads of money out of Oliver and would have done so who ever had been picked as Nancy. By contrast you have spent loads of your money on phone calls.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think CM and ALW are p*ssed off, just think about Simon Cowell after "Britain's got Talent" result.

I think he's pleased - he's got several new acts to sign up and make him lots of money :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    They deserve to be gutted. They did an extremely poor job of ensuring the pro-Jessie bias was effective enough on the voting audience. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I'd like to know what it is exactly that people have against Jodie. She consistently showed that she is capable of brilliant singing, warmth, vulnerability, humour, and strength. I can't think of any other contestant who has shown all these traits week after week. There seems to me no reason on earth why Jodie won't be a fantastic Nancy and I am sure that come December we will see it. Personally, it seems to me that were she a little bit slimmer then people would not be bashing her quite so much, for I cannot see any other reason . Were she to have entered this contest the same size as Samantha then I think everyone would have felt she was the clear winner. But wait and see, for come December she will be fit, slim and a brilliant Nancy and I for one can't wait to see her in February.
  • loz2601loz2601 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Aleksis wrote: »
    They deserve to be gutted. They did an extremely poor job of ensuring the pro-Jessie bias was effective enough on the voting audience. ;)

I think this conspiracy theory would only work had all the judges been obviously favouring Jessie.
    The split was 2 to 3. Hardly definitive.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't be silly. He'll have Faryl and Escala signed up to Sony BMG in a trice. He's won what he wants without have the hassle of a RVS in the way!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rach28893 wrote: »
    I got an almost bitter sweet feeling from tonight's show, although thrilled for Jodie (my favourite) I can't help feeling bad for her knowing that she was not favoured by Cameron or ALW. They looked pretty gutted by the results! Jodie seemed to be given dampened praise all through the shows tonight, and I truly believe she is a worthy candidate, I don't understand why ALW and Cameron didn't echo the concerns for Jessie about acting, movement and consistency? Obviously they'd rather have trained Jessie up then have Jodie!

This is absolutely how I feel. I hope she is gutsy enough to ignore this and move on, I hope they are man enough to do the same and work constructlvely with her. My fear is that CM will do his best to undermine her, but I hope he realises how much this will impact ticket sales, as well as his own reputation.

I did feel that Graham was particulalry heartfelt in his congratulations - either embarassed by the obvious bad reaction of the producers, or maybe he genuinely felt she was a nice girl who deserved to win?
  • loz2601loz2601 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    alison65 wrote: »
    I'd like to know what it is exactly that people have against Jodie. She consistently showed that she is capable of brilliant singing, warmth, vulnerability, humour, and strength. I can't think of any other contestant who has shown all these traits week after week. There seems to me no reason on earth why Jodie won't be a fantastic Nancy and I am sure that come December we will see it. Personally, it seems to me that were she a little bit slimmer then people would not be bashing her quite so much, for I cannot see any other reason . Were she to have entered this contest the same size as Samantha then I think everyone would have felt she was the clear winner. But wait and see, for come December she will be fit, slim and a brilliant Nancy and I for one can't wait to see her in February.

Only if that meant she could suddenly stun an audience with a performance.

I also think it's pretty insulting to imply that people who preferred Jessie over Jodie did so because of her size...if that's how you honestly believe the country is then that's rather depressing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member

just some people are rather ignorant,if they knew jodie they'd know that not once has she pretended to be something shes not,shes fantastic and deserves the role of nancy
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's pleased - he's got several new acts to sign up and make him lots of money :D

Fair enough. No such thiong as bad publicity, and i suppose CM will still be laughing all the way to the bank for similar reasons. Just think of those bums on seats.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well its tough luck really, if they wanted to select Nancy they should have done it without the TV show.

Jodie won rightfully by the public vote by people who WOULD and most probably a lot of them will including me pay to see her in the role of Nancy.
    I couldn't care less if CM said Jessie "IS Nancy" yeah she may be but only in his opinion, ALW's and other fans of Jessie, just like everyone elses opinons on their favourites.
    Yeah they may be experts but they don't always get it right.
    Jodie won the majority vote, whether they like it or not it wasn't the 'wrong' decision at all because she was chosen as the winner by millions of people.
    I'm sure they won't be so gutted when the money comes rolling in.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Well its tough luck really, if they wanted to select Nancy they should have done it without the TV show.

Jodie won rightfully by the public vote by people who WOULD and most probably a lot of them will including me pay to see her in the role of Nancy.
    I couldn't care less if CM said Jessie "IS Nancy" yeah she may be but only in his opinion, ALW's and other fans of Jessie, just like everyone elses opinons on their favourites.
    Yeah they may be experts but they don't always get it right.
    Jodie won the majority vote, whether they like it or not it wasn't the 'wrong' decision at all because she was chosen as the winner by millions of people.
    I'm sure they won't be so gutted when the money comes rolling in.

Exactly - the show simply decides who starts the run as Nancy. Who is to say Jessie won't be drafted in to do some of the run. ANything could happen - its up to CM and ALW now
    Forum Member

Totally agree!!! They took their chance when they made it open to the public. We are the ones who pay the ridiculous theatre prices to see these shows so it is great that we get to chose who we see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delma wrote: »
    Don't blame them. Jessie would have been so much better than Jodie!

don't know about that, but they do know that the people who voted aren't generally going to be the ones who buy up the tickets. they do know what sells and have been doing this for a long time.

it is true that Jodie has a lot of fans from this, the Biggest Loser, and her story though, and she will also sell tickets.

people will be buying them up more to see Rowan, Oliver, and the general story though. nancy is a supporting role, and it shouldn't make or break it between Jessie and Jodie anyway.
  • tobykimtobykim Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be soul destroying to stand there and hear Cameron McIntosh saying what he did, having said that I think he did Jodie a favour, people knew he didn't want Jodie and the British people always back the underdog.

Well done Jodie the right girl won
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree!!! They took their chance when they made it open to the public. We are the ones who pay the ridiculous theatre prices to see these shows so it is great that we get to chose who we see.

And perhaps it's about time they started makiing a few more new musicals instead of rehashing the same old, same old, over and over again. :yawn:
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely, that says it all really. (I personally thought Jodie was the one from day 1.) CM has shown himself to be ageist and sizeist, and I hope he doesn't give Jodie a hard time behind the scenes (although I should think that she can give as good as she gets!).

I think Jessie would have been really hard to train, she can't move with any grace, nor can she act - she was so crap at doing cockney that they would have allowed her to stay Irish, and I couldn't have spent a whole night listening to that comedy accent, it wouldn't have ruined the show for me (this is London, not Craggy Island!).
  • river27river27 Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said piper333

The GBP absolutely love Oliver the musical and will turn up in their droves to the production, whover is in it. Jodie will be a superb Nancy in this production, as will other members of the cast, Rowan Atkinson etc.

Jessie however, will be an absolute STAR for years to come. She is only 18 for God's sake! She can only get better.

Well done to Jodie and Jessie

:)
    Forum Member
    loz2601 wrote: »
    Only if that meant she could suddenly stun an audience with a performance.

I also think it's pretty insulting to imply that people who preferred Jessie over Jodie did so because of her size...if that's how you honestly believe the country is then that's rather depressing.

I do believe that is why alot of people were against Jodie.! That IS what this country is like - appearance matters more than what is underneath to so many people nowadays - and yes, it is very depressing.
  • frell-tasticfrell-tastic Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    I said on a previous thread that when they choose the final 8/10/12 contstants, they need to be sure that they would be happy with any of them should they win.

It must be gutting for Jodie to win by public (who at the end end of the day are the bums on seats!) vote, but know that the powers that be don't want her.

If they wanted a young raw untested actress in the role, why bother putting Jodie through all the hoops only to hurt her like that in the final.

Week after week, Jodie has shown guts, determination and pure talent. She has delivered every crap song they gave her with panache, and shown that she fully deserves to be where she is. She has shown that she can sing anything well and now that she can go back to her normal routine, I'm sure she can get back to her diet and exercise routine which will help her deliver her 8 shows a week.

Yah Boo Sucks ALW and CM - welcome and be grateful for the star you have been given!

Indeed!
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do believe that is why alot of people were against Jodie.! That IS what this country is like - appearance matters more than what is underneath to so many people nowadays - and yes, it is very depressing.

No, I voted on charisma and talent.

Obviously a lot of people were not against Jodie in that way, else she wouldn't have won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    well said