Last Movie You Watched? (Part 3)

Comments

• revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    The Last Exorcism (2010) - 7.5/10

Would have been a 9/10 were it not for the ending. It's a shame that those final 3 minutes or so totally undermines the preceeding 85 minutes which were great and fairly original.:

You are joking? The whole film was a mish-mash of other, far better horror films. There wasn't anything remotely original about any of it! :eek::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    You are joking? The whole film was a mish-mash of other, far better horror films. There wasn't anything remotely original about any of it! :eek::p

I just kind of liked the whole "Exorcisms are bullshit, she's just mentally disturbed" angle that the film went with, which i can't really remember seeing in a film before. It's just a shame that at the very last minute it turned into the very thing that it was trying not to be for the past 85 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shutter Island - fell asleep before it finished on Friday night. Just watched the last 20 mins.

Wish I hadn't bothered. What a disappointing film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    Ninja Assassin - 8/10 utter twaddle that I hugely enjoyed every silly moment of.

Regards

Mark

They got a discount on the stage blood and rubber body parts for this one I think. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resident Evil: After Life

"The best of the Resident Evil sequels" it said on the box.

Nope.

The Matrix with Zombies.

Although Ali Larter fighting in a tight wet t-shirt merits a special mention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful Thing - Loved it!
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    They put on 'Another Year' at seniors club the other day. What a waste of 2 hours of my life. It was soooo boring, me and my friend kept waiting for it to start. I'd give it 1/10 for the fact that Jim Broadbent was in it but that's all. The most annoying thing was that we actually sat there till the end instead of walking out half way through, rant over !!!
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In A Better World (Hævnen) (2010) 8/10
    Leap Year (Ano bisiesto) (2010) 7/10
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casablanca - 9/10

It started off a little dull, but from when Ingrid Bergman walked in, I loved every minute.

Yes ! the chemistry between Bogart and Bergman is electric ! and ive always loved the "when time goes by " song !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    The Adjustment Bureau - “Bourne meets Inception” is the tag line, which often translates to a movie that has elements of both, but ultimately not as good as either, and that’s what we have here with ‘The Adjustment Bureau”. Full Review

Fair Game - If you have a keen interest in the political elements to the war in Iraq, or even if you haven’t followed the developments at all, then this movie is a must watch. There are only facts in ‘Fair Game’. Full Review

The Company Men - It’s hard to sum up the movie from a critical perspective as what you have is real life on the big screen, this is in fact the world that we live in, so what did they have you expect? Full Review
  • J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True Grit.....loved Hailee Steinfeld
    :)
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Punch-Drunk Love

Adam Sandler & Emily Watson excel in Paul Thomas Anderson's sublime romance. Why this wonderful film isn't held in wider public recognition I'll never know. Sandler bias? Still, their loss. 9/10

The A-Team

The obvious opportunity for a sly action parody gets wasted in favour of just another big bang bore.

Full review here: rubbish. 4/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Devil Wears Prada - 6/10

Not sure how I ended up watching it, but it was fairly good.....
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    The Kids Are All Right - liked it, but talk about incredibly overrated.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terror trap
    2/10

crap,rubbish A vacancy rip off,avoid at all cost
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose 5/10 didn't really offer anything new.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Machinist- sad, complex and compelling psychological thriller with a fantastic performance from Christian Bale. Gripping and intense stuff. 8/10.

The Goonies- seen it 100s of times before...and I'll watch it 100s of times again. An absolute classic. 10/10.
  • joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul, well it made me laugh, but OH fell asleep :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I sat through Meet Joe Black.

There's this scene where Brad Pitt, playing the Grim Reaper, talks to an old Jamaican lady about to pass away in hospital and he tries to put on a Jamaican accent with the slang. You can imagine the results. What's funny is the scene has no relevance whatsoever to the rest of the film, and I suspect the director put it in purely for giggles - "how can I make Brad Pitt look a complete t*t?"
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rec2 . Brilliant 8.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Partner
    I really really loved it, almost makes me want to own a farm.
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    The Cube (1997)

Excellent 9/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let the Right One In [2008]. Director: Tomas Alfredson

9/10

Wonderfully fresh take on the vampire genre.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Schindler's list, amazing film, Back on again tonight as well.:)
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Schindler's list, amazing film, Back on again tonight as well.:)

Brilliant film ! ...mind i always felt it should have been in colour !
This discussion has been closed.