Options

Hapless Hev and her online dating caper

funcifunci Posts: 782
Forum Member
✭✭
What is the point of the storyline?

Why isn't there more focus on her and baby George? It seems very sloppy that with all the focus of the square on the baby swap this doesn't cause even a slightest reaction from Heather.

Also just looked in spoilers and Hev is about to receive some heart breaking news. Is it connected to the online dating, the baby or has she finally twigged that George Michael may not be the one for her?

The actress who plays her is brilliant and is criminally wasted playing out this daft plot.

Comments

• Options
    EastendwhovianEastendwhovian Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I think it's all to do with Ben and the producers are just using poor hev as a tool again.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're taking the p!ss. Didn't the actress meet her new Moroccan fella (or wherever he's from) on the net? Might or might not have been a dating site but still ..... wonder where they got the idea for THIS storyline eh?
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's all to do with Ben and the producers are just using poor hev as a tool again.

Brilliant more bloody Ben stories! I think I prefered it when he did ballet!!

lotty27 wrote: »
    I think they're taking the p!ss. Didn't the actress meet her new Moroccan fella (or wherever he's from) on the net? Might or might not have been a dating site but still ..... wonder where they got the idea for THIS storyline eh?

Ha good point! Maybe she's playing herself and I have over estimated her acting ability!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    Brilliant more bloody Ben stories! I think I prefered it when he did ballet!!

Ha good point! Maybe she's playing herself and I have over estimated her acting ability!

If I'd been the actress I would have been questioning this storyline. It's well known she met her current man on the internet (a lot younger and many people think he's a gold digger) and now her character has meets someone on the internet but it's someone taking the p!ss?

You do the math Cheryl!

Or maybe I'm reading far too much into it and these storylines are developed about 12-18 months in advance and it's all a coincidence.
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I misread the thread title as 'Topless Hev and her online dating caper' :eek:

I have to admit that I'm quite enjoying the storyline. Though the way it's being handled feels quite 2002... nearly everyone I know has tried online dating at some point, yet Heather is being made out to be a bit freaky.
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an excuse for another 'poor fat Heather, nobody wants her' storyline.

Maybe the shrink who interviewed Ronnie should interrogate Heather and find out why she's a child in a 40 year old body.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    If I'd been the actress I would have been questioning this storyline. It's well known she met her current man on the internet (a lot younger and many people think he's a gold digger) and now her character has meets someone on the internet but it's someone taking the p!ss?

You do the math Cheryl!

Or maybe I'm reading far too much into it and these storylines are developed about 12-18 months in advance and it's all a coincidence.
    she doesnt meet anyone as its ben pretending to be kevin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she doesnt meet anyone as its ben pretending to be kevin

That's what I meant in my other post about it being someone taking the p!ss - which, fairly or unfairly, some people think her current fiance is doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's what I meant in my other post about it being someone taking the p!ss - which, fairly or unfairly, some people think her current fiance is doing.

:confused: how is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    The actress who plays her is brilliant

:p

That is all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh it's probably just my suspicious mind :D but ......

The actress goes on the internet, finds a fella much younger and some people jump to the conclusion that (as he's only a goat hurder or something) he's only after her money and residency - therefore taking the p!ss.

Now TPTB give her a storyline where she thinks she's met someone on the internet but it turns out to be someone taking the p!ss?

I just saw the parallels that's all and wondered if the writer's are the one's taking the p!ss!!!!

But like I say - it's probably just my suspicious mind!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ben
    isnt taking the piss. its a very sensitive thing and actually quite interesting how theyre doing it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ben
    isnt taking the piss. its a very sensitive thing and actually quite interesting how theyre doing it

I stand corrected if
    Ben didn't INTEND to take the p!ss but still, sitting at you computer and leading someone on isn't that noble even if your original intentions were to be kind

but I missed a full week of episodes as I was on holiday and my Sky box only recorded the 1st week I was away :mad: so I missed the beginning of this storyline and, quite frankly, I'm so used to seeing Heather being made a mockery of on EE that I might have jumped to conclusions.
  • Options
    pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stand corrected if
    Ben didn't INTEND to take the p!ss but still, sitting at you computer and leading someone on isn't that noble even if your original intentions were to be kind

but I missed a full week of episodes as I was on holiday and my Sky box only recorded the 1st week I was away :mad: so I missed the beginning of this storyline and, quite frankly, I'm so used to seeing Heather being made a mockery of on EE that I might have jumped to conclusions.

I think he's doing it to be nice, to make her feel good about herself but really it makes to sense to me cause she's still gonna be heartbroken when she finds out the truth

The whole thing reminds me of The Simpsions episode with Bart doing this to his teacher
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think its so shirley wont be able to justify heather staying with them when the truth comes out